2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First game I've watched in awhile....doesn't look much different than last year. Basically, the same team just a year older. It's starting to look like yet another failed rebuild by this franchise. This is not a young team that you're waiting to mature....they are not going to get better, they will only get worse as they age. Great.....another team in need of a rebuild in Chicago.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Those are the bulls I know

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
2 great hope restoring wins, and crashing back to reality.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But wait, after the last win by the Pels, you proclaimed them to be better than the Grizz because of one regular season win. So now what?!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the first to miss 100 games as well!

Lil Dillon Brooks shut his ass down

As a person with both strength and agility attributes typically better than bigs…the problem with a little squatty player is both leverage and agility are in their favor.

That’s awkward sometimes for a player used to going against taller opponents with no way to leverage your strength.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cool, tell me when his name gets anywhere near Jordan for anything.
Who?! Zion?! Yeah, never happening…you’re right on that one!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The All Too Early Top 10 Offense and Defense Rating Teams.

The beginning of December is typically the first time I look at this, unless prompted, though December is still too early to take too much stock in it. But for fun I thought I'd just post it.

Right now, there are just three teams that have ratings in the Top 10 for both offense and defense.

Cleveland 8th in O, 2nd in D
New Orleans 6th in O, 5th in D
Phoenix 2nd in O, 6th in D

None of these teams have a superstar (in my book).

Of teams with established superstars, the Warriors have the 8th best O, but sit 20th in defense, their lowest in the Kerr era (when healthy).

Milwaukee is 1st in D, but 16th in offense. Could be the missing Middleton part.

Philly is also showing us defense by being 3rd in D, but only 19th in O.

Denver is 4th in O, and 23rd in D. This team hasn't really ever been known for their defense though.

The Dallas Luka's are an average 11th in O and 12th in D.

Dysfunctional Brooklyn is 12th in O, and 13th in D.

Likely newcomer to the superstar pact is Ja Morant, and the Grizzlies are 9th in O, and 18th in D (they have some injuries though).

Of note, Jayson Tatum is actually posting superstar-like numbers this season thus far, compared to years past. Boston is leading by far 1st in offense, but are 21st in defense. Is D'Antoni now on this coaching staff?

There is much imbalance at this time in the league, but a ton of time for things to shift massively.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The All Too Early Top 10 Offense and Defense Rating Teams.

The beginning of December is typically the first time I look at this, unless prompted, though December is still too early to take too much stock in it. But for fun I thought I'd just post it.

Right now, there are just three teams that have ratings in the Top 10 for both offense and defense.

Cleveland 8th in O, 2nd in D
New Orleans 6th in O, 5th in D
Phoenix 2nd in O, 6th in D

None of these teams have a superstar (in my book).

Of teams with established superstars, the Warriors have the 8th best O, but sit 20th in defense, their lowest in the Kerr era (when healthy).

Milwaukee is 1st in D, but 16th in offense. Could be the missing Middleton part.

Philly is also showing us defense by being 3rd in D, but only 19th in O.

Denver is 4th in O, and 23rd in D. This team hasn't really ever been known for their defense though.

The Dallas Luka's are an average 11th in O and 12th in D.

Dysfunctional Brooklyn is 12th in O, and 13th in D.

Likely newcomer to the superstar pact is Ja Morant, and the Grizzlies are 9th in O, and 18th in D (they have some injuries though).

Of note, Jayson Tatum is actually posting superstar-like numbers this season thus far, compared to years past. Boston is leading by far 1st in offense, but are 21st in defense. Is D'Antoni now on this coaching staff?

There is much imbalance at this time in the league, but a ton of time for things to shift massively.
Booker is a superstar Scooter.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All teams have had injuries. he West is muddled and going to be clowe

Mavs are just Luka but Luka is just simply amazing and probably the best player in the league.

Cavs are interesting. Mitchell is playing well. Mobley is a budding star and they have lots of length.

GS is on the come up and Kerr adjustment to have Draymond run the second unit has produced great results.

Phi, Mil, and Celtics I think are still the favorite for the East.

The West is muddled and going to be close all the way to the end. Any of the teams can rise.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Mavs are just Luka but Luka is just simply amazing and probably the best player in the league.

Cavs are interesting. Mitchell is playing well. Mobley is a budding star and they have lots of length.

GS is on the come up and Kerr adjustment to have Draymond run the second unit has produced great results.

The West is muddled and going to be close all the way to the end. Any of the teams can rise.
Yes, all teams have had injuries but some have dealt with a lot more and important ones than others.

The Grizz have been without their 3 best players at various times so far this season and haven’t had all 3 for a single game this season.

That’s more than what other teams have dealt with and they’ve managed to stay within 3 games of Phoenix for the lead in the west

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Mavs need to make a change and get Luka help. Either through tanking to get a decent draft pick or a big trade to acquire someone.
They're interesting and competitive, but they're gonna lose to one of the bigger teams in the East.
Not really worried about GSW yet as there is a lot of time to turn that corner.
Yeah agreed... though Milwaukee needs to get Middleton back and keep all three stars healthy. I also will say Philly still has a Doc Rivers problem.
As Clone said, the west is as close to parity as you can get right now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, all teams have had injuries but some have dealt with a lot more and important ones than others.

The Grizz have been without their 3 best players at various times so far this season and haven’t had all 3 for a single game this season.

That’s more than what other teams have dealt with and they’ve managed to stay within 3 games of Phoenix for the lead in the west
I actually expected Memphis to own the West this season, but yeah lack of health will do that to a team. Though if I recall they went on their long run last year starting in January, didn't they?