2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Idk what to believe but if there's any shred of truth to that JJJ thing that would be wild for the gambles/fantasy players of the world.

Has 0 impact on game outcome I thought (inaccurate stock calls I mean) but has huge impact on those parlays and fantasy matchups. Could definitely be a sneaky way to be getting some side cash in theory
Hey now…don’t ever question the integrity of the home scorekeeper.

Idk if there’s any truth to the JJJ claim, especially at the level claimed, but I’ve heard the home scorekeeper benefitting the home player’s stats for decades. Conversely, I remember hearing claims of them “robbing” stats of the away players. Wouldn’t be anything new, but like you said, the gambling/fantasy ramifications would be greater than the 90s I would imagine.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The author forgot an all-of-the-above option. Multi-causality.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Clip 1 is not a block, but it is possible that JJ got his hand on ball and knocked it loose thus should have been awarded a steal instead. Clip 2 his arm does inadvertently deflect the pass, very generous to award him a steal on that, but okay.

The rest are pretty clear that he should have not been awarded a stat for those. Guys slipping or bobbling passes in which JJ never gains possession of the ball and others are deflections not steals (in fairness he was also wrongly given a TO on one). The block should have been given to Clarke.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Watching again I'm actually going to say Clip 2 is a fair steal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Im not a big Bron fan cause he does cry, but good lord. You are one of the Goats and its an easy foul call. Im not one for refs to decide games by a foul but this blatant and there is no way anything was blocking their view.
I know people love to hate on Lebron but this was awful. Clear as day Tatum slaps the crap out of his forearm on the shot attempt, not to mention the play prior where they called an and one foul like 3 seconds after the basket goes in. Refs stole this one from the Lakers

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I know people love to hate on Lebron but this was awful. Clear as day Tatum slaps the crap out of his forearm on the shot attempt, not to mention the play prior where they called an and one foul like 3 seconds after the basket goes in. Refs stole this one from the Lakers
Better check the refs betting accounts!!!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It wouldn't be the first time refs have bet on games
Nope, it wouldn’t. There was that ONE time!

I just find it interesting and funny how some are so anti conspiracy theory until it comes to sports

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
New Orleans all the way down to 10th now in the West. Zion misses much more time, they might fall too far back to get in the play in tournament much less the top 4 in the west lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
New Orleans all the way down to 10th now in the West. Zion misses much more time, they might fall too far back to get in the play in tournament much less the top 4 in the west lol
West standings are pretty wild. 4 games separate 4th seed from 13th seed. Pels 9 game losing streak doing them no favors, but a string of wins could see them right back up to 6th in no time.

Your Grizz should be pretty set at 2 for the time being.

Really interesting only 2 Western conference teams have an away record over .500, but perhaps that speaks to the small margin of separation between so many of these teams

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey not every team can maintain a 4/5 seed when their best player goes out.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For sure, but they shouldn’t also be surprised that Zion is missing half the season either

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ingram and Zion being out with Herb Jones has hurt them because their defense has suffered. They have to put way more effort on offense to score which leads to energy lows. Super young team. Ingram has some rust and needs to knock it off, but no team wants to see them fully healthy. Zion hamstring is healing exactly how they hoped. But, his offensive prowess and drawing the whole universe to him makes our defense much better.

But, they do need a big that can guard and another 3 point shooter. I think they make a move with all the young players we have and stocked draft capital

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ingram and Zion being out with Herb Jones has hurt them because their defense has suffered. They have to put way more effort on offense to score which leads to energy lows. Super young team. Ingram has some rust and needs to knock it off, but no team wants to see them fully healthy. Zion hamstring is healing exactly how they hoped. But, his offensive prowess and drawing the whole universe to him makes our defense much better.

But, they do need a big that can guard and another 3 point shooter. I think they make a move with all the young players we have and stocked draft capital
So Pelicans are injury plagued.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Other than they can't win on the road, what's going on with the Grizzlies? 1-7 in their last 8. Granted 6 of those are on the road.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Other than they can't win on the road, what's going on with the Grizzlies? 1-7 in their last 8. Granted 6 of those are on the road.
Real basketball teams don’t win on the road

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Road games is all you can really say there. Like has already been mentioned, only two teams in the west have winning road records. It’s pretty bizarre, like obviously you’d rather play at home but to have that drastic of splits is strange

it’s why I’d like to see them push Denver for that top spot in the west and get home court advantage throughout the western playoffs. They are a different animal at home, they put on for their city