2022 Bears: By FAR the cheapest active roster

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears salary cap breakdown entering 2022 season

2nd most dead cap ($52.88 mil)
+
currently 6th most available cap space ($15.87 mil)

This means they are paying their current active roster the least of all 32 teams and it's far from normal operating procedure or even close to an active roster payroll of other teams they'll be facing on any gameday.

Things will change a little with Brisker & Gordon yet to sign and they could end up cutting a few guys to offset some of that from the avail cap space.

Any success or even improvement this season despite this disadvantage should speak volumes for the new coaches and Poles' moves during a massive economic shift in payroll vs talent on the field.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Bears salary cap breakdown entering 2022 season

2nd most dead cap ($52.88 mil)
+
currently 6th most available cap space ($15.87 mil)

This means they are paying their current active roster the least of all 32 teams and it's far from normal operating procedure or even close to an active roster payroll of other teams they'll be facing on any gameday.

Things will change a little with Brisker & Gordon yet to sign and they could end up cutting a few guys to offset some of that from the avail cap space.

Any success or even improvement this season despite this disadvantage should speak volumes for the new coaches and Poles' moves during a massive economic shift in payroll vs talent on the field.
Not sure where you get that this is some huge "disadvantage" to the Bears? Acting like teams they will be facing have such a hugely different situation.

The Packers have 25 million is Dead Cap and 17 million in available cap space. This is not some huge difference from the Bears cap situation. Fairly "normal operating procedure" actually.

I know Bears fans like to lay the groundwork early for excuses for a under .500 record, but this is a new one here. Have not seen this level of early excuse making before.
images.jpeg

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Not sure where you get that this is some huge "disadvantage" to the Bears? Acting like teams they will be facing have such a hugely different situation.

The Packers have 25 million is Dead Cap and 17 million in available cap space. This is not some huge difference from the Bears cap situation. Fairly "normal operating procedure" actually.

I know Bears fans like to lay the groundwork early for excuses for a under .500 record, but this is a new one here. Have not seen this level of early excuse making before.
View attachment 20132
Can you please leave us again? We're are the Bears and not the Pack.

Do you know something of others teams, too?

To come back to topic. Difference is about 25 mil to Packers. This are one Adams or two very good oline. I think, this is a very big difference.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
“tEh BeArS cOuLdN’T siGn a StArTiNg O-LiNeMaN oR rEcEiVeR bEcUz nO cAp SpAcE!”

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Can you please leave us again? We're are the Bears and not the Pack.

Do you know something of others teams, too?

To come back to topic. Difference is about 25 mil to Packers. This are one Adams or two very good oline. I think, this is a very big difference.
Wait, I thought the Packers were only paying Aaron "the greedy diva" a ton of money, and thus can't pay or keep any other great players because of it. Isn't that more of a "disadvantage."?

You are indeed the Bears and not the Pack as you say. The Bears still suck, and it's not because of their cap situation as you try to imply here.

I know it upsets you to hear facts, but if you crave only delusional fanboy chatter about your Bears, then you can choose to just scroll past my comments. I am not forcing you to read the reality of the situation.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Wait, I thought the Packers were only paying Aaron "the greedy diva" a ton of money, and thus can't pay or keep any other great players because of it. Isn't that more of a "disadvantage."?

You are indeed the Bears and not the Pack as you say. The Bears still suck, and it's not because of their cap situation as you try to imply here.

I know it upsets you to hear facts, but if you crave only delusional fanboy chatter about your Bears, then you can choose to just scroll past my comments. I am not forcing you to read the reality of the situation.
Where did I mention you're only paying Rodgers?

Bears sucks = no surprise
Packers sucks in lack of won super bowls with 25 years HOF QBs = no surprise in higher level

It always depends what you expectations are. And Bears fans have low expectations ?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yes, we have a bunch of young players the new staff are looking to develop. That’s not a shocker. I suppose we could have re-signed or kept one or two of the older vets who were falling off or not a good fit so we could be closer to “league average” in this regard…

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

Packers are a 3 win team without AR. Packer can't put a whole team together. Never could.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:

You're slacking if you’re going for resident board packer fan. This is some nc0gnet level shit...

When the mods decree you and @aaronitout fight to the death for the official troll/packer fan—my moneys on him.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Where did I mention you're only paying Rodgers?

Bears sucks = no surprise
Packers sucks in lack of won super bowls with 25 years HOF QBs = no surprise in higher level

It always depends what you expectations are. And Bears fans have low expectations ?
Starion had implied that the Bears cap situation is a major disadvantage for them while facing other teams. I guess to him other teams don't have to deal with the cap like the Bears do. His post was delusional enough that I thought it warranted a factual reply. The point is that the cap has nothing to do with the Bears sucking, as he implied it does in his comment. Acting as if it's not fair the Bears have to play teams when the Bears are so much more disadvantaged with their cap situation. Complete hogwash.

You say you are fully aware the Bears suck. Good. Then I won't need to correct you like I did Starion.

The Packers have won 2 Super Bowls and been to 3 since 1996. You act as if a team that has a HOF QB they then should win the Super Bowl multiple times every decade. How many HOF QBs have no Super Bowl wins or just one? A lot. Why don't you say the Saints are failures for just one Super Bowl in Drew Brees career? Just one example of many.

I am glad you think so highly of the Packers and expect them to win the Super Bowl every year, but your expectations are a little unrealistic.

The team indeed has unfinished business to handle this year. Stay tuned,(I know you will) because your expectations for the Pack have a very good chance of becoming reality again this season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears have well over twice the dead money of the Packers, idiot.
If you subtract dead money from cap space, the Bears are -$42m. We're in the same boat as the Falcons, Seahawks and Texans.
Packers are about -7m.:rolleyes:

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
When I say I hate Green Bay, all I wish is to be as good as the Saints.

You see your logic behind that?
You just so stupid and compare the Packers to Saints. Why not with Chiefs (Mahomes already more often in a super bowl then your man) or even better Baltimore (same numbers of super bowl wins since 1996)

Disappointment occurs on difference levels. Yours is just higher.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starion had implied that the Bears cap situation is a major disadvantage for them while facing other teams. I guess to him other teams don't have to deal with the cap like the Bears do. [I never said this. You misinterpret. I said they have the highest dead cap hit which IS a disadvantage dummy.] His post was delusional enough that I thought it warranted a factual reply. The point is that the cap has nothing to do with the Bears sucking, as he implied it does in his comment. Acting as if it's not fair [I never said it wasn't fair] the Bears have to play teams when the Bears are so much more disadvantaged with their cap situation. Complete hogwash.

You say you are fully aware the Bears suck. Good. Then I won't need to correct you like I did Starion. ["correct" does not mean "change the meaning by using different words than were said initially to make a twistedly wrong perception"]

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

^ So much dumb, it's astounding. To put it simply...

Every team has the same salary cap, which = the maximum total $$ they can spend on their players in a season:
2022-06-02_11h39_08.png

Thanks to Pace blowing his load and delayed/backloaded future contracts coming due, Bears can only pay their 2022 roster a total of $155.32mil of the $208.2 cap. That's 25.4% of their salary NOT going toward player talent and none of that $$ will afford better talent to see a snap. So they use scrubs, longshots, undervalued/injury cases, and a ton of late draft picks for depth & development.
Other teams don't have nearly that high of a dead cap wad removed for guys no longer on their rosters. So other teams can spend more on guys who WILL play for them this year. Sounds like advantage non-Bears.

Yet DESPITE this, Bears still have room to pick up a FA or 2 or 3 before Week 1. Astonishing turnaround really.

...Almost as astonishing as how this topic can be so hard to understand, even for a Packer fan.

Facts

Last edited:

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
If you subtract dead money from cap space, the Bears are -$42m. We're in the same boat as the Falcons, Seahawks and Texans.
Sorry, but you have zero clue what you are talking about. Perhaps you don't understand dead money. Dead Money is the cap charge(cap hits) for players that are no longer on the roster. That is all already factored in the cap and also in the amount of cap space the Bears have which is 22 million at present according to OTC. The Packers have 17 million in cap space.

Not sure why the first tactic with Bears fans when confronted with facts is to lash out and try and call people names. I realize me being a part of PackerNation triggers all of you, but get over it. I am around several Bears fans every season at Lambeau for the Bears game weekend and never have been called a name to my face. I get along splendidly with actual Bears fans. Wonder why real Bears fans are so friendly and cordial in person and here they lash out and call names? Feel safe and tough hiding behind a screen? That is quite pathetic and sad.

It may very well be mental illness, if that is the case, then I hope those of that need it do seek out the help they so obviously need. Severe mental illness is nothing to leave unchecked or joked about. I am certainly not joking when I say I hope those that need it do indeed seek the help they need.

Wish you the best. Looking forward to week 2 at Lambeau. Will surely see a few Bears fans visiting Titletown and loving it as they always do.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

View attachment 20132

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_103838.jpg
    IMG_20200824_103838.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Math is hard for him. Give him a break. He can't even count how many times the Packers have choked in January!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Math is hard for him. Give him a break. He can't even count how many times the Packers have choked in January!

Math aside; can't just put words into people's mouths and give them shit as if they said what was not said. If I'm wrong, I dunno, maybe articulate a reason how & why I'm wrong ?‍♂️ (hell, it happens & I admit when I do mess up!). Making shit up and blaming is not the response.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, but you have zero clue what you are talking about. Perhaps you don't understand dead money. Dead Money is the cap charge(cap hits) for players that are no longer on the roster. That is all already factored in the cap and also in the amount of cap space the Bears have which is 22 million at present according to OTC. The Packers have 17 million in cap space.

Not sure why the first tactic with Bears fans when confronted with facts is to lash out and try and call people names. I realize me being a part of PackerNation triggers all of you, but get over it. I am around several Bears fans every season at Lambeau for the Bears game weekend and never have been called a name to my face. I get along splendidly with actual Bears fans. Wonder why real Bears fans are so friendly and cordial in person and here they lash out and call names? Feel safe and tough hiding behind a screen? That is quite pathetic and sad.

It may very well be mental illness, if that is the case, then I hope those of that need it do seek out the help they so obviously need. Severe mental illness is nothing to leave unchecked or joked about. I am certainly not joking when I say I hope those that need it do indeed seek the help they need.

Wish you the best. Looking forward to week 2 at Lambeau. Will surely see a few Bears fans visiting Titletown and loving it as they always do.
Dead money is money not on the current team which affects the roster just like cap room. If you don't think that matters...