CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fleury to Wild. 2nd that could become a 1st is kind of meh, but not terrible?
It's too bad the market for a TDL goalie wasn't really strong this year, but hopefully the Wild get on his back and make it to the WCF. Dude was a total pro while here, and played his ass off...the stats don't show it, but he was the MVP for this team when he was in the lineup. We're going to see just how absolutely not-NHL caliber the Hawks defense is now.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's too bad the market for a TDL goalie wasn't really strong this year, but hopefully the Wild get on his back and make it to the WCF. Dude was a total pro while here, and played his ass off...the stats don't show it, but he was the MVP for this team when he was in the lineup. We're going to see just how absolutely not-NHL caliber the Hawks defense is now.
Absolutely. It'll be weird cheering for Minny, but I might have done so even without the pick stipulation, considering how much of a pro Fleury was here. Guy gave it his all on a shit team the entire year, truly a "pro" in every sense of the word.

Rumor floating that De Haan is being pursued by the Blues and Preds. Seems like him, Carp, and Kubi are the most likely to be moved, we'll see.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Not gonna complain with a second for flower.

The problem is I don’t see the Wild being that good enough to make the WCF so it becomes a first.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
But 2022 draft is a quantity draft a second rounder this year isn’t a bad thing.

I like rounds two thru four this year for bottom six guys

Granada

Liked Posts:
Now, Pope is retracting the Carp to Nashville tweet, lol.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So there goes the deadline, and only Hagel and Fleury are moved? No bueno, KD. Hopefully some moves are just delayed, but if not, fuck.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The major onus on the team now is to *not* completely and totally suck. We don't want pick 1 or 2 this season. We're 8th from last with a 10-point lead over the 'habs...let's keep it that way.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The major onus on the team now is to *not* completely and totally suck. We don't want pick 1 or 2 this season. We're 8th from last with a 10-point lead over the 'habs...let's keep it that way.
Yeah and it'll definitely stay that way. In addition to the many holes already on the team, the tandem will be Lanks/Delia the rest of the way. Should be pretty funny.

Overall, would have liked to have seen more from Davidson. I can't believe De Haan wasn't moved at least. Kubalik too. I'm hoping Davidson is more active in the off-season than he was at the deadline.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah and it'll definitely stay that way. In addition to the many holes already on the team, the tandem will be Lanks/Delia the rest of the way. Should be pretty funny.

Overall, would have liked to have seen more from Davidson. I can't believe De Haan wasn't moved at least. Kubalik too. I'm hoping Davidson is more active in the off-season than he was at the deadline.
First.....I'd be stunned that any team contending for a Cup would have any interest in DeHaan. He's a brutal player. With Kubalik, I think it's better to wait and let him rebuild his value, if he can. They wouldn't get shit for him right now anyway. I thought Carp would be grabbed by someone....decent bottom 6 guy who is good on the PK.

I guess we'll see how it plays out....but you need two to tango. You can't trade unless someone wants your people.

The conditions on the Fleury deal are fucking ridiculous.

Am I happy with the new GM? Depends on how he drafts.....compared to Bowman, he did alright. But I have a brick from the old Chicago Stadium that would probably do a better job than Bowman.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Like everyone else, I was hoping for more in this trade deadline. I am not overly disappointed though, would have to grade the trades overall as a B-.

Obv Hagel was the big chip and I feel we received adequate value in return, and TBH a "B-" grade is much better than Stan the Lesser could/would have earned.

On a side note, I hope Kane moves on, this team's window to compete will not align with his inevitable regression, he needs to chase another Cup elsewhere. And there is not much for Toews to do other than retire with dignity and a mostly functioning brane.

Embrace the suck!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My worry is the opposite: I think with the loss of Hagel and Fleury the 'hawks might be bad enough to drop into position where they have good odds at getting pick 1 or 2 in this draft rather than sending a pick out to Columbus and giving them our next year's 1st rounder when the team is very likely a de facto cellar dweller in a deep draft. That would suck royally.

However, with respect to other moves, I believe something like 12 d-men were on the move today and today alone. I think that really eroded the market for DeHaan especially since this season was the *only* season he played for the Blackhawks and played like he belonged in the NHL, and it was a contract year for him. I think that chased off a ton of teams. Hell, if I'm the Blues, would I want DeHaan at half salary or Nick Leddy?

I'm picking Nick Leddy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The wild aren't likely good enough to be conference finalist. If they are it will be because of Fleury, but team speed and overly methodical play appear to be their weakness.

Being great with a man advantage likely won't help them much in the playoffs...however you could make the case they are the first team in history that should play 60 minutes Empty Net(EN). Would that void the conditional first if Fleury wins 4 games with a poor +/-?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Shane Wright is worth sucking over.

Bedard is worth playing good for. The problem is the goalies we have right now. Both are the drizzling shits.

But.

Otter line
Wright/Kane
Dach
Toews on the fourth line where he belongs doesn’t look bad moving forward for center depth.

But Bedard/Kane together would be extremely fun to watch.

Here’s hoping flower puts a wall up in net.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shane Wright is worth sucking over.

Bedard is worth playing good for. The problem is the goalies we have right now. Both are the drizzling shits.

But.

Otter line
Wright/Kane
Dach
Toews on the fourth line where he belongs doesn’t look bad moving forward for center depth.

But Bedard/Kane together would be extremely fun to watch.

Here’s hoping flower puts a wall up in net.
I just saw a video of Connor Bedard. First time I ever saw him. I also watched some clips of Wright.

Connor Bedard looks like Kaner with speed.....he's got mad skills....ok, he's small but he IS bigger than the Cat.

Wright did not impress nearly as much although he has more size.

Both players are centers.

The Blackhawks are in dire need of defensemen.....I'll put it this way, I would pass on Wright to get a lesser ranked Dman.....

I would not pass on Bedard.