2022 Blackhawks Trades/Signings

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good Lord....could you miss the point by any more? Your post sounds like something Bowman would say. You pull the trigger now while he's worth the most not when your looking at a Cap breaking payday for him. Miami just gave him a huge extension, KC couldn't afford that capwise....meanwhile the Chiefs can continue to get younger while still contending.

The point I'm making is if you hold on too long, no matter how good a player still is....you will end up getting pennies on the dollar for him.
No...its you who miss the point.

No Tyreke Hill no championship. K.C. just wasted 3 prime Mahomes championship years over a squabble with the best player in the NFL.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No...its you who miss the point.

No Tyreke Hill no championship. K.C. just wasted 3 prime Mahomes championship years over a squabble with the best player in the NFL.
How'd they do last year? I believe "Tyreke" was on that team. BTW, the Chiefs were trying to extend him and were close.....but "Tyreke" got greedy after the Adams deal and priced himself off the team. A forceful move by a well run franchise that will continue to contend when "Tyreke" is a distant memory.

It's the way I would love the Blackhawks to be run.

LOL @ trying to make a point when you can't spell his name.....gotta love it.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The salary cap doesn't apply come playoff time in the NHL, De Haan's contract expires this year, and 4.5 million isn't astronomical. So his salary wouldn't have been a hindrance in a trade. I think helping out a rival short term is fine (see Minnesota with Fleury), if you can get something over nothing for a player that is UFA after this year.

This is a matter of a rookie GM asking too much for him. It was a misstep by Davidson, plain and simple.
Hmmm, still looking for the word "cap" in my post. He still has to get paid and the Blues obviously didn't want to do it....and if it was a mistake, highly doubful anyone is gonna be crying crocodile tears over it or even remember it for that matter.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Hmmm, still looking for the word "cap" in my post. He still has to get paid and the Blues obviously didn't want to do it....and if it was a mistake, highly doubful anyone is gonna be crying crocodile tears over it or even remember it for that matter.
He would be a playoff rental. His contract is up at the end of the year, so he could just walk once the playoffs are over -- that's the whole point of a rental. Paying him -- or rather, fitting him under the cap for a month before the playoffs, where the Cap is completely irrelevant-- wouldn't have been a huge deterrence for any team.

Not sure what you mean by saying no one will remember it. People remember certain moves that Bowman did -- and didn't -- do from years ago. So, I'll disagree there too. Unless you mean the Blues won't cry over it in the future, and if that's what you're saying, that's irrelevant to my point: that this was a misstep by Davidson.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He would be a playoff rental. His contract is up at the end of the year, so he could just walk once the playoffs are over -- that's the whole point of a rental. Paying him -- or rather, fitting him under the cap for a month before the playoffs, where the Cap is completely irrelevant-- wouldn't have been a huge deterrence for any team.

Not sure what you mean by saying no one will remember it. People remember certain moves that Bowman did -- and didn't -- do from years ago. So, I'll disagree there too. Unless you mean the Blues won't cry over it in the future, and if that's what you're saying, that's irrelevant to my point: that this was a misstep by Davidson.
Oh, yeah. Every Hawk fan will be crying in his beer for years to come over a missed 6th round pick......although I wouldn't doubt you will be.

LMAO

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How'd they do last year? I believe "Tyreke" was on that team. BTW, the Chiefs were trying to extend him and were close.....but "Tyreke" got greedy after the Adams deal and priced himself off the team. A forceful move by a well run franchise that will continue to contend when "Tyreke" is a distant memory.

It's the way I would love the Blackhawks to be run.

LOL @ trying to make a point when you can't spell his name.....gotta love it.
You and Granada are hilarious in that you think you win arguments or are winning.

The Chiefs did pretty damn good last year...in fact I think they almost won a superbowl and Hill was the best player on the field. I can spell Hill I'll stick with that.

I don't think its black and white 100%. Typically, I would caution against retaining a speed player beyond their "speed" years. However, Cheetah is more than that. He's quick, tough, runs good routes, elusive, breaks tackles, wins contested balls. Kelce is the one getting old.

Unless Josh Gordon re-emerges I don't think they will even make the playoffs this year. Their little running back will get hurt again, the rookies won't be all that, and Kelce will not respond well to increased load and attention at this age. Next thing you know Mahomes is taking more hits. Gets injured and they are burning "Mahomes years" searching how to rebuild the offense. Trying to rely on a defense already in decline. etc. more attrition accelerated.

I think this was a terrible move for them, 5 picks or not.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Oh, yeah. Every Hawk fan will be crying in his beer for years to come over a missed 6th round pick......although I wouldn't doubt you will be.

LMAO
I'll be disappointed we let him walk for nothing and will remember. Yes. But keep running from your horrible argument that his salary was a hindrance in moving him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
You and Granada are hilarious in that you think you win arguments or are winning.

The Chiefs did pretty damn good last year...in fact I think they almost won a superbowl and Hill was the best player on the field. I can spell Hill I'll stick with that.

I don't think its black and white 100%. Typically, I would caution against retaining a speed player beyond their "speed" years. However, Cheetah is more than that. He's quick, tough, runs good routes, elusive, breaks tackles, wins contested balls. Kelce is the one getting old.

Unless Josh Gordon re-emerges I don't think they will even make the playoffs this year. Their little running back will get hurt again, the rookies won't be all that, and Kelce will not respond well to increased load and attention at this age. Next thing you know Mahomes is taking more hits. Gets injured and they are burning "Mahomes years" searching how to rebuild the offense. Trying to rely on a defense already in decline. etc. more attrition accelerated.

I think this was a terrible move for them, 5 picks or not.
No one gives a shit about the Chiefs.

And I think you're hilarious too. Kisses.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I would just like to point out;

In their age 21 year thru 65 games, Alex Nylander was better then Kirby Dach.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I’m 100% all in on the 23 draft….

But Shane Wright is looking like a fucking stud. If the Hawks win the FOA, I’m not mad. As deep as the 23 draft is, if Wright were in it he’s going third.

The Russia effect is already starting. Mintyukov is a slam dunk top ten pick and arguably the best defenseman in the draft and he’s falling to the bottom of the first round. I’m all for taking tough Canadian and American kids, but if Minty is still there in the 20’s Davidson has to get a pick and grab him.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
personally I'd love to see the Hawks get Jagger Firkus but that aint happening, don't think he's dropping to the 2nd round, but The Cat did so maybe......hmmmmmmmmmmmm

KBIB

Liked Posts:
personally I'd love to see the Hawks get Jagger Firkus but that aint happening, don't think he's dropping to the 2nd round, but The Cat did so maybe......hmmmmmmmmmmmm
That’s another guy I’d he drops past 20 Davidson needs to find picks.

I don’t think he makes it out the first round tho