2022 FA targets

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can still be aware of the comp picks. There are lots of ways to get around the comp picks.

Players who have been released.
Veteran Trades
Well it would be awesome if the Bears deployed any of the lots of ways. I've been waiting for 15 years pounding on that soapbox.

The league has a system to award extra picks. Not to exploit that system maximally from every angle possible is foolish.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well it would be awesome if the Bears deployed any of the lots of ways. I've been waiting for 15 years pounding on that soapbox.

The league has a system to award extra picks. Not to exploit that system maximally from every angle possible is foolish.
This is what happens when guys are fighting for their jobs. The long game is irrelevant, they're gonna pursue the short term moves out of desperation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It will be interesting to see what happens moving forward.

In 2020 they spent like crazy, but did so in a way that allowed them to get 3 comp picks.

In 2021 they did not have enough free agents leave.

In 2022 they could have a number of players leave who generate comp picks

Dalton
Robinson
Miller
Graham
Daniels
Ifedi
Hicks

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is what happens when guys are fighting for their jobs. The long game is irrelevant, they're gonna pursue the short term moves out of desperation.
How is your 5k training going?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is your 5k training going?
I challenge anyone on CCS to a clydesdale run of 5K at +215 lbs.

A few of you could surely beat my ass, but it would impress me more if you could out run me in the heavy weight division.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

A few of you could surely beat my ass, but it would impress me more if you could out run me in the heavy weight division.
5ks are for fat housewives who want to feel good about the wine they drink. 10K or higher is where the big boys play.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Im surely outside of clydesdale range now, Ive been on a 6 week celebratory getting and starting a new job no workout routine. Ive noticed all my clothes getting extremely tight.

Daily Routine (work or not, job is a cake walk)

12 Pack Miller Lite
1/2-1 Fifth of Tequila
2 LBs of Bacon.
1 LB Highly Refined Carbs

Id give you a run. If my reoccurring peroneal tendonitis doesnt kick in... belgium... easy money

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Bears can spend big on defense. They are already heavily invested even in 2022 and they have deals for Nichols and Roquan to hand out.

The money should go to offense.

WR will need a major investment.
OL either in free agency or the draft
UTE, in free agency as the draft takes too long

The Bears have space but not a ton.

D cap is heavy. But, I would Still like to Pair Eddie Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu together.

That would be a tough ass backend if Eddie can Eddie. Hopefully Desai can scheme more production from certain individuals. Tyrann would be nearing or turning 30? as a FA but he has been productive as hell the last two years. 10 INTs and 21 PD. Plus he just brings that attitude to the D.

Doesnt seem like Tyrann thinks hes getting an extension in KC.

"In a since-deleted tweet responding to a question about a potential contract extension for Kansas City Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu, Mathieu said he's "probably not" going to get a new deal in KC."

applezop

Liked Posts:
You have to be aggressive in the rookie contract window. You don’t sit back and wait to see what you got. You build around him while he is cheap in a hope that he is good enough when he is not cheap to carry the weaker team. tomzpot mdro.fun/mobdro/

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd love to see them address oline again and if arob isn't resigned they need to address wr as well. Realistically they probably need a 2nd reliable TE who is more complete to replace Graham too.

Edit: sorry I didn't give names, but that is what I see as pressing to get the offense where it needs to be for fields
No point in giving names when we have no clue who will be available at this time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have to be aggressive in the rookie contract window. You don’t sit back and wait to see what you got. You build around him while he is cheap in a hope that he is good enough when he is not cheap to carry the weaker team. tomzpot mdro.fun/mobdro/
Agreed. On offense.

Having Justin Fields on the field with scrubs while we have the most expensive defense in the league is not really maximizing his rookie window.

I would rather them spend 8-10 million on a #3 WR than another edge rusher.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Agreed. On offense.

Having Justin Fields on the field with scrubs while we have the most expensive defense in the league is not really maximizing his rookie window.

I would rather them spend 8-10 million on a #3 WR than another edge rusher.
I would rather get a HC/OC who knows what the fuck he’s doing, get better results, and spend money wherever it’s needed most. Most likely, not #3 WR. Most OCs are an upgrade over Nagy. Bears need as many impact players as possible. A good edge is more valuable than a #3 WR

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can get good WRs for pretty cheap, i'm on side of get multiple solid WRs on good deals. opposed to spending a lot on just one. draft a WR too haven't had high drafted WR in forever. i'd rather allocate $ towards OL and solid TE.
luxury of Fields also might be getting free agents to Chicago on cheaper deals than they would've got offered elsewhere. if he shows out this year and looks like he'll be a stud, guys will want to come play with him.
They did trade up to draft Miller in the 2nd, he does play more like a 6th rounder though so I take your point

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would rather get a HC/OC who knows what the fuck he’s doing, get better results, and spend money wherever it’s needed most. Most likely, not #3 WR. Most OCs are an upgrade over Nagy. Bears need as many impact players as possible. A good edge is more valuable than a #3 WR
You guys over rate what a play caller is going to do with mediocre talent.

We need to invest in the offense. The talent level is not good enough.

The Chiefs have the best QB and play caller and still went crazy investing in the offense. You are not going to our scheme way more talented defenses

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You guys over rate what a play caller is going to do with mediocre talent.

We need to invest in the offense. The talent level is not good enough.

The Chiefs have the best QB and play caller and still went crazy investing in the offense. You are not going to our scheme way more talented defenses
I’d argue Robinson and Mooney are both exceptionally talented and could be one of the best 1/2 combos in the league. Montgomery is a top 10 back. Miller is very talented, albeit a boneheaded. They could use more consistent slot production, but I’m not sure they should be spending 7+ mil there. The play caller is a dope and Mitch isn’t good. Those were the bears two biggest problems on offense last year.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’d argue Robinson and Mooney are both exceptionally talented and could be one of the best 1/2 combos in the league. Montgomery is a top 10 back. Miller is very talented, albeit a boneheaded. They could use more consistent slot production, but I’m not sure they should be spending 7+ mil there. The play caller is a dope and Mitch isn’t good. Those were the bears two biggest problems on offense last year.
Offensive line was a pretty significant problem most of the year

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Offensive line was a pretty significant problem most of the year
Agreed. Much more so than a slot WR. OL played better as the year went on and when Nagy finally realized coward shouldn’t be starting and also moved Cody and started SM at C. In theory the line should be better this year to start the season

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The OL was bad.
They TE spot hasn’t been consistently good.

They have had a WR1 who has constantly been good.