2022 FA targets

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
What free agents would you like to see Bears target in 2022? Will have a lot of $ come off the books. Will be a crucial offseason to build right team around Fields.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
What free agents would you like to see Bears target in 2022? Will have a lot of $ come off the books. Will be a crucial offseason to build right team around Fields.
I'd love to see them address oline again and if arob isn't resigned they need to address wr as well. Realistically they probably need a 2nd reliable TE who is more complete to replace Graham too.

Edit: sorry I didn't give names, but that is what I see as pressing to get the offense where it needs to be for fields

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This depends what happens with Robinson, but the Bears are likely going to be in the market for a WR1. It's really to soon to tell as alot of the FA's in 2022 could be franchise tagged or sign an deal over the course of the year.

Looking at the available WRs tho - I think they have to go after Godwin if he is available. I'm guessing he is not though.

There is not much available currently for WR1's. Bears really need to find a way to convince AR to stay.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This depends what happens with Robinson, but the Bears are likely going to be in the market for a WR1. It's really to soon to tell as alot of the FA's in 2022 could be franchise tagged or sign an deal over the course of the year.

Looking at the available WRs tho - I think they have to go after Godwin if he is available. I'm guessing he is not though.

There is not much available currently for WR1's. Bears really need to find a way to convince AR to stay.
Michael Gallup could be a decent get for cheaper than the big names. I don't really love him. Jim Miller and pat Kirwan were saying he is wr1. I think that's pretty questionable

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Michael Gallup could be a decent get for cheaper than the big names. I don't really love him. Jim Miller and pat Kirwan were saying he is wr1. I think that's pretty questionable
Would be interesting. He's talented for sure. We will see what happens with Mooney this year also. I would think the Cowboys would cut Cooper and re-sign Gallup though.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:

can get good WRs for pretty cheap, i'm on side of get multiple solid WRs on good deals. opposed to spending a lot on just one. draft a WR too haven't had high drafted WR in forever. i'd rather allocate $ towards OL and solid TE.
luxury of Fields also might be getting free agents to Chicago on cheaper deals than they would've got offered elsewhere. if he shows out this year and looks like he'll be a stud, guys will want to come play with him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Bears can spend big on defense. They are already heavily invested even in 2022 and they have deals for Nichols and Roquan to hand out.

The money should go to offense.

WR will need a major investment.
OL either in free agency or the draft
UTE, in free agency as the draft takes too long

The Bears have space but not a ton.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Robby Anderson is a WR that I would look into if Robinson leaves. Same size at 6’3” but Anderson is a deep threat and not as good in other areas.

Price plus speed would be positives for me.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Davante Adams is the top of the WR class, then Robinson and Godwin. After that there isn't much that interests me as far as WR go, and I am not a huge Godwin fan so really Adams (too much) or Robinson who's all but gone..

Going big I like Ramczyk like Enasic said and really big, Taylor Morton

They could upgrade tight end with Kmet and CJ Uzomah from Cincinnati, good blocking tight end who can catch

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Robby Anderson is a WR that I would look into if Robinson leaves. Same size at 6’3” but Anderson is a deep threat and not as good in other areas.

Price plus speed would be positives for me.

If Darnell Mooney really develops into that speedy deep threat, it would be ideal to hang on to Robinson, or if we had to replace him, replace him with a WR with a skillset closer to Robinson imo.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Darnell Mooney really develops into that speedy deep threat, it would be ideal to hang on to Robinson, or if we had to replace him, replace him with a WR with a skillset closer to Robinson imo.
Treylon Burks please.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The franchise tag and extensions will likely pick the top guys off the market like Ramcyk who would be my clear cut #1 target.

The rest of the OL free agents are solid.
WR is probably Godwin and then a bunch of #2 guys.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Signing Rzmcyzk and letting Daniels walk would make me tingle

Ramcyzk
Borom/Draft Pick
Mustipher
Whitehair
Jenkins

That would be something.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
A lot of money coming off the books but we lose some pretty serious talent at positions that will need to be filled to be able to be competitive next year. 2022 season is a long way away.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The franchise tag and extensions will likely pick the top guys off the market like Ramcyk who would be my clear cut #1 target.

The rest of the OL free agents are solid.
WR is probably Godwin and then a bunch of #2 guys.
Aren't both Ramczyk and Armstead FAs for NO? Will they be able to bring both back?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
WR if no ARob.
D.Adams
C.Godwin
W.Fuller
JuJu
DJ Chark
C.Sutton

Edge to replace R.Quinn.
C.Jones
V.Miller
W.Mercilus
JPP

CB to replace Trufant.
S.Gilmore
C.Harris
P.Peterson

SS to replace Gipson.
K.Neal
Q.Diggs
T.Gipson

I think Hicks can be replaced by Nichols and Edwards but if they do wanna get one then J.Allen would be a nice addition.

Still can't believe Pace signed Trevathan to that contract but would like to find a way to move on from him after this year.