1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Discuss draft related things here, Bulls or otherwise

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Was going to laugh if the 7th pick ended up being #1 (it ended up #4).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Orlando is going to add a great prospect to a really talented young core.

Wagner, WCJ, Isaac, Suggs, Hampton. They have the Bulls pick next year as well

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wait…so now we are including WCJ as part of a great young core? The same WCJ we all couldn’t wait to trade? Lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wait…so now we are including WCJ as part of a great young core? The same WCJ we all couldn’t wait to trade? Lol
WCJ is alright. He did have his best season this year, though with Orlando being piss poor, who knows if that translates into anything on a better team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's not act as if Wendell was going to blossom here. He's not a dud, but he wasn't doing anything special here...he needed that change of scenery.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's not act as if Wendell was going to blossom here. He's not a dud, but he wasn't doing anything special here...he needed that change of scenery.
As I recall his major problem was staying healthy in Chicago. Obviously he never took much of a leap either when he was healthy. Change of scenery did seem to give him some motivation.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
WCJ is alright. He did have his best season this year, though with Orlando being piss poor, who knows if that translates into anything on a better team.
For sure. But to include him in as a part of “a great young core” is a bit off. I mean, I guess he’s a “part” of it, the same way any current magic player is lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As I recall his major problem was staying healthy in Chicago. Obviously he never took much of a leap either when he was healthy. Change of scenery did seem to give him some motivation.
Yeah he did show some flashes but couldn't ever stay healthy or piece it together when he did play. Still missed a bunch of games in Orlando, but he did get career highs in basically all stats so good for him. I suppose there's a reason that Wendell was traded for an All Star caliber player (though 2 1sts helps) vs Lauri.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I believe I said a “talented young core” and yes, WCJ absolutely falls in that category. Talented does not equal great, but he’s indeed young and talented and coming off his best season. At 22 years old (I believe), he has not remotely peaked either. Not sure what all the backlash is about

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I believe I said a “talented young core” and yes, WCJ absolutely falls in that category. Talented does not equal great, but he’s indeed young and talented and coming off his best season. At 22 years old (I believe), he has not remotely peaked either. Not sure what all the backlash is about
if you call this “backlash” then you better not go to the bears forum much lol

merely found it interesting that the narrative changed from WCJ needed to go when he was here, to now he’s a part of a “really talented young core.” You left out the adjective you used on it initially… convenient lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
if you call this “backlash” then you better not go to the bears forum much lol

merely found it interesting that the narrative changed from WCJ needed to go when he was here, to now he’s a part of a “really talented young core.” You left out the adjective you used on it initially… convenient lol
Have no idea what you’re talking about…my original post said talented young core so no, I didn’t leave anything out. My post merely was cited wrong.

Either way, WCJ’s main problem is availability. This was his “healthiest” season of his career and he only played 62 games. He just can’t stay on the floor. If he could stay healthy, who wouldn’t like a 22 year old who posted 18/10 in 30 MPG and an 18 PER? I liked the Vuc trade at the time but with the power of hindsight, I wouldn’t make it again. Give me WCJ (on a great contract) and the 2 1st round picks…one of them turned into Franz Wagner.

This doesn’t mean the trade was bad …just hasn’t worked out the way the Bulls wanted it to.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Have no idea what you’re talking about…my original post said talented young core so no, I didn’t leave anything out. My post merely was cited wrong.

Either way, WCJ’s main problem is availability. This was his “healthiest” season of his career and he only played 62 games. He just can’t stay on the floor. If he could stay healthy, who wouldn’t like a 22 year old who posted 18/10 in 30 MPG and an 18 PER? I liked the Vuc trade at the time but with the power of hindsight, I wouldn’t make it again. Give me WCJ (on a great contract) and the 2 1st round picks…one of them turned into Franz Wagner.

This doesn’t mean the trade was bad …just hasn’t worked out the way the Bulls wanted it to.
Orlando is going to add a great prospect to a really talented young core.

Wagner, WCJ, Isaac, Suggs, Hampton. They have the Bulls pick next year as well
Yes, you left out the word “really.” But sure, I somehow misquoted you