Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No owner is. Does t mean he won’t do it

grizz are in a great financial spot currently

subtract a year from everyone’s contract, as this was for this season that just ended…

View attachment 20480

in particular note Jackson’s amazing team contract, expiring contracts of Adam’s and brooks. Ja will get his max extension, and that’ll be the only big $$ contract on their books. They can even resign Jones if they want with their financial flexibility
Hmm, I thought they were over the cap now. Guess not. Bane also doesn't need to be paid until 2024 either. So they won't be near luxury tax territory for several seasons. They have actually lucked into / managed this financial situation well. Better than the Bulls.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Props to the Grizz for managing those finances...for what it's worth that screenshot shows JJJ's rookie scale contract, that number will jump up to 23M or so due to his extension kicking in, even so that's not that bad in today's cap.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Props to the Grizz for managing those finances...for what it's worth that screenshot shows JJJ's rookie scale contract, that number will jump up to 23M or so due to his extension kicking in, even so that's not that bad in today's cap.
Good catch.

I could see the grizz being a dark horse landing spot for Gobert. Trade adams, melton, and draft picks for Gobert. It’d be a move a team on the cusp would/should make. Obvious upgrade over adams. Would go nicely with Ja, covering his defensive mistakes and on the offensive end catching lobs from him.

and imagine the grizz defense with JJJ and Gobert ?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good catch.

I could see the grizz being a dark horse landing spot for Gobert. Trade adams, melton, and draft picks for Gobert. It’d be a move a team on the cusp would/should make. Obvious upgrade over adams. Would go nicely with Ja, covering his defensive mistakes and on the offensive end catching lobs from him.

Makes more sense than Gobert to the Bulls imo, in terms of overall team building. JJJ spends a lot of time on the perimeter anyway and isn't the best rebounder. Gobert fills that role in place of Adams. Obviously the rim protection is elite with those two. You can still run a lineup with JJJ at center if necessary. Grizz have the cap and the superstar as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good catch.

Given I understand the Grizz's cap situation better now, they actually have room to add quite a key piece if they desire. That could be Gobert as well. (As Clone says, better fit than for the Bulls).

I do hope Morant doesn't end up in some sort of injury hell like so many other stars and that getting injured in the playoffs was just a blip on the radar. He and Memphis can be something special for a long long time.