2022 Playoffs First round: Bulls vs. Bucks (IST)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I really don’t understand why billy didn’t challenge one of those defensive possessions down the stretch where there were questionable calls.

The one on the Paw when he was boxing out giannis and giannis was all over his back. And then the blocking foul that could of been called a charge that was an and 1 for Lopez

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In that moment and you blow a fucking wide open layup. I’m so done with Vucevic. If Demar was just good tonight they would have won tonight. This one stings.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frankly I'm shocked it was that close.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Under #calledit

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I really don’t understand why billy didn’t challenge one of those defensive possessions down the stretch where there were questionable calls.

The one on the Paw when he was boxing out giannis and giannis was all over his back. And then the blocking foul that could of been called a charge that was an and 1 for Lopez

Billy saving all those challenges for the future.

Said the same thing. The PAW one was bad. Need to see a replay again but unless he stuck his ass out and clipped Giannis on purpose, that;'s over the back IMO. The Giannis one is a charge if you're calling that on LaVine too (Neither should be charges).

But overall, frustrating from Billy there.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Shot 33 percent from the field. oof.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

I honestly thought Billy D. did a great job in this game. If he let us play like we normally do full throttle, we would have been blown out. When you are totally overmatched, you muddy the game up. The lack of the callenge was the only thing that perplexed me. I think the foul on the steal where Zach was on the fast break and got called for a charge was a turning point for me. The defender was running full speed and it was easily a blocking foul plus it was Zach's 4th foul if I am correct. We had momentum and it should have been challenged. Not sure why he didn't.

Either way, Billy put us in the position to win with this "not ready for prime-time" group, they just didn't do their job. Lack of playoff experience showed.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
After that I thank we might win a game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Because BD sucks. He never challenges anything and that could have been Gianni’s 6th foul. Beyond dumb not to challenge

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I actually give them some credit, after that first quarter they could have easily folded and had this turn real ugly.

Funny thing: Pat passed up an open 3 and i said just take the shot, we wont be mad if you miss because everyone else was bricking 3's too. Well maybe a play or 2 later Pat does take a 3 pointer so horrible (didn't even hit the rim) that i actually regretted saying i wouldn't be mad :ROFLMAO:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I actually give them some credit, after that first quarter they could have easily folded and had this turn real ugly.

Funny thing: Pat passed up an open 3 and i said just take the shot, we wont be mad if you miss because everyone else was bricking 3's too. Well maybe a play or 2 later Pat does take a 3 pointer so horrible (didn't even hit the rim) that i actually regretted saying i wouldn't be mad :ROFLMAO:
In the 4th I believe I saw lavine and Jones airball 3s as well. Everyone was throwing up bricks.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well at least they were competitive.

Does seem like they win easily if just a few more shots fall. DeMar with an awful game, though honestly, he's been shown to kind of perform like this in the playoffs.

That said, Milwaukee missed a lot of open three pointers too.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think this ends up being one of the more competitive games this series, tbh. Milwaukee did not play well. Bulls missed a lot of shots too, but that’s nothing new. Their outside shooting has been terrible for a while now. Someone should have had a sidebar with Demar and let him know that he was shooting them out of the game and to pass the fucking ball. Atrocious game from him

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think this ends up being one of the more competitive games this series, tbh. Milwaukee did not play well. Bulls missed a lot of shots too, but that’s nothing new. Their outside shooting has been terrible for a while now. Someone should have had a sidebar with Demar and let him know that he was shooting them out of the game and to pass the fucking ball. Atrocious game from him
ISO demar strikes again!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well at least they were competitive.

Does seem like they win easily if just a few more shots fall. DeMar with an awful game, though honestly, he's been shown to kind of perform like this in the playoffs.

That said, Milwaukee missed a lot of open three pointers too.
This. Pat Connaughton in particular missed 3 or 4 wide open 3’s that he normally drills. Bulls kept it close, and yeah they shot poorly…but so did the Bucks. It wasn’t because the bulls suddenly were playing great defense(though I did feel there was more effort at least)

Enasic

Liked Posts:
ISO demar strikes again!
How hard is it for BD to just say…we’re running the offense through Vuc? He had it going …why not play inside out? Why continually run high pick and roll with Demar and Vuc? Anytime Vuc gets it going and it’s clear the offense needs to go through him, they completely go away from it. That’s bad coaching. It seems like every game Stacey calls out multiple common sense things that BD is oblivious to.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This. Pat Connaughton in particular missed 3 or 4 wide open 3’s that he normally drills. Bulls kept it close, and yeah they shot poorly…but so did the Bucks. It wasn’t because the bulls suddenly were playing great defense(though I did feel there was more effort at least)
Bulls also had Coby White guarding him, giving him way too much space and leaving him wide open a lot. Milwaukee missed him a bunch of times wide open as Jrue or Middleton were driving to the hoop instead where Bulls got defensive stops. So I see that getting addressed in game tape and Milwaukee will make an adjustment to that. Connaughton will start to nail those with ease if he gets the ball that open again.

We don't really have a Connaughton, but I noticed DeMar force stuff while having guys wide open for threes as well. Though in DeMar's case, he may know these guys won't make it the way they've been shooting lately.

The Bulls defense after the 1st Q was actually fairly good for them. Still, a lot of open threes were there and the switches are still murdering the Bulls.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How hard is it for BD to just say…we’re running the offense through Vuc? He had it going …why not play inside out? Why continually run high pick and roll with Demar and Vuc? Anytime Vuc gets it going and it’s clear the offense needs to go through him, they completely go away from it. That’s bad coaching. It seems like every game Stacey calls out multiple common sense things that BD is oblivious to.
And that’s the question…is it billy, or is it Demar refusing to not get his 20+ shots a game?

cuz its not like this is the first year of demars career where he’s been ISO Demar. So is it billy and every other coach Demar has had? Or does some of the blame fall on demar for making sure he’s always getting his?