2023 Free Agent list is STacKed!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Lots of mid 20's players well in their primes. Yes some will get extended but not all. There will also be contract holdouts not named. Bears would be wise to save up and go shopping for real value next season!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Jakobi Meyers the only WR mentioned on that list.

Gross.
If you're the Bears you basically have the Diontae Johnson contract drawn up and ready for Darnell Mooney to sign the very instant he becomes eligible for it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
A bunch of safties, ol, and a few others. Kind of a bad season to have a bunch of cap space.

A bunch of guys will get cut too.

This is just the list of guys who will be FA's. If this past offseason is any indication it should be chaos again in a few months.

czman

Liked Posts:
A bunch of guys will get cut too.

This is just the list of guys who will be FA's. If this past offseason is any indication it should be chaos again in a few months.
A lot of those cuts are older guys so not sure how much sense it makes to talk about them. They might help get the Bears to respectable but most the late cuts won't be playing at a high level when the Bears are competing. I could see the Bears competing for a SB in Fields last year of his rookie deal of everything lines up really well.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
If Poles is signing by name values... Poona and Rock Ya gotta be commanding tons..

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Jakobi Meyers the only WR mentioned on that list.

Gross.
This is one of the reasons I'm pushing hard for the Bears to pay Roquan even if we have to slightly overpay him. He is one of the best free agents pending. We have ton of cap space. And as much as we need receiving help, there likely won't be much available in free agency.

We have to hope someone either breaks out, demands a trade and/or gets released for cap space reasons. But overall not too promising at the moment.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Nearly all of those top guys won't even make it to the open market. I remember when this board was salivating over the WR free agent class. Then one-by-one all the top guys got extended.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I’m sure they’ll sign a cornerback and a DT to a mega contract

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I have no idea what Poles is going to do. He wants to build through the draft but he goes out of his way to create a ton of cap space, which won’t be used on 1st career contracts.

So that only leaves current players working on 2nd contracts and the FA market. We already seen how he’s working with Roquan on a 2nd contract and we saw how many 1 year contracts he gave out in FA this season. A quick glance shows he only has approx. 13 starters under contract next season.

So we all would assume he’s going to build through FA next season because he can’t get into a long rebuild. But that goes against what he repeatedly says about the FA market. I don’t get this guy.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This is literally one of the worst lists of free agents in a long time!!!!

Terrible time to have a bunch of money!!

Quentin Nelson and no good offensive players!

Forget the Qb’s, they won’t be available or they’ll be dead by this time next year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Nearly all of those top guys won't even make it to the open market. I remember when this board was salivating over the WR free agent class. Then one-by-one all the top guys got extended.

uhh no one predicted Tyreek minus Mahomes, nor Davante Adams leaving the Packers. Those deals were expected to get done . . . no?

There was a crap ton of movement this year of big names. Khalil Mack, Russell Wilson in a Bronco uniform.

NFL player movement is only going to ramp up. Bears are in an advantageous position next year with that much cap space. Last to First boyz!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Bears are in an advantageous position next year with that much cap space. First to First boyz!

FIFY. The Rich will get Richer!!!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That list is fucking horrible lol.

I got depressed reading it.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion