2023 - Top 100 Free Agents w/salary projections

Bort

Liked Posts:
If Pace really wants to, he has the money to get Payne, Dean, Meyers, and McGlinchey.

That would give them a quality slot WR and quality starters at DT, CB, and RT (I think they still need another true outside CB so Gordon can just focus on being the nickel corner).

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If Pace really wants to, he has the money to get Payne, Dean, Meyers, and McGlinchey.

That would give them a quality slot WR and quality starters at DT, CB, and RT (I think they still need another true outside CB so Gordon can just focus on being the nickel corner).
IMO Gordon should focus on outside not nickel. He did much better there this past year.

I think going after Cam Sutton to play nickel would be a great choice. They projected him at $25.5/3 years, which is right where I thought he's be too.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My brother is a 49er fan and it's a love hate with McGlinchey. There should be better options.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

13. QB DANIEL JONES, NEW YORK GIANTS

Contract Projection: Four years, $160 million ($40M per year); $115 million total guaranteed

I would not want to be a fan of the franchise that signs Daniels Jones for $40M AAV. Don't get me wrong, I think he's improved a lot and has earned a 'payday' from someone, but good lord that seems excessive. To me he's like a poor man's Kirk Cousins.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
IMO Gordon should focus on outside not nickel. He did much better there this past year.

I think going after Cam Sutton to play nickel would be a great choice. They projected him at $25.5/3 years, which is right where I thought he's be too.
I'd like Byron Murphy who was in a similar price range

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I don't really follow the Falcons, so I will trust your opinion.

Bort

Liked Posts:

I honestly didn't pay that much attention to Gordon's relative performance in slot vs outside, but I think the key is that they need to let him focus on one position. I'd be fine with adding Sutton as the nickel and keeping Gordon outside if that's where he graded better.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My brother is a 49er fan and it's a love hate with McGlinchey. There should be better options.
I’m in if it’s thought to be a scheme fit.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m in if it’s thought to be a scheme fit.
To me he is an improvement to what the Bears have. My brother just talks about he lately had a stretch of good games after a rocky first half of the year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

In Eberflus’ scheme, he wants to be able to have a boundary corner that moves inside to nickel. He would the. Bring a boundary corner in on nickel packages. Eventually, Gordon will be moving inside and outside relative to nickel vs base.

Having said that, we need a boundary corner for when Gordon moves into Nickel.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
In Eberflus’ scheme, he wants to be able to have a boundary corner that moves inside to nickel. He would the. Bring a boundary corner in on nickel packages. Eventually, Gordon will be moving inside and outside relative to nickel vs base.

Having said that, we need a boundary corner for when Gordon moves into Nickel.
This isn't accurate, and not part of a scheme anyway.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Love the cam Sutton signing, but he’s more of an outside corner than a nickel slot guy.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Give me Payne and Zach Allen for the defensive line interior
cam sutton or Byron Murphy at CB
clowney for DE on the 1 year deal they list
Pocic at center
Shaair at LB
Kaleb McGary at RT

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's played plenty of both with PIT I think.
I think you’re right. I just recall his Tennessee days and he was always on the outside. Either way, I agree he’d be a great signing to add to the secondary

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This isn't accurate, and not part of a scheme anyway.
It actually is. I’ll try to find the breakdown for you. He wants to move his boundary inside on third downs. It is a major reason why Gordon was such a prize for them.