208 Mil Salary Cap Next Year

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
3/5 is being generous.

Whitehair is a likely cut candidate.

Daniels will be a hot commodity amongst nfl teams this offseason, even if CCS isn't high on him. Young NFL oline talent is very hard to find, especially guys with 4 years of nfl experience already.

If there is a new GM, you would think there would be a chance only Jenkins and Borom are back next year. Ooof
Whitehair isn't going anywhere. You guys have no depth there AND it's a slightly larger cap hit to cut him then it is to keep him.

He also has some versatility, which helps when you have no idea what the interior looks like.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Whitehair isn't going anywhere. You guys have no depth there AND it's a slightly larger cap hit to cut him then it is to keep him.

He also has some versatility, which helps when you have no idea what the interior looks like.

I would generally agree, except if Pace isn't there, and the new guy evaluates that someone on the market is better than what Whitehair gives you, you can kiss him goodbye.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Can I be truthful? I see Daniels going elsewhere, if he does, as a blessing in disguise. No one on the interior is especially impressive. I'd be higher on Daniels if this was him in year 1, but he just started finding his mean streak in year 4? And still is inconsistent.

Whitehair has begun to fall off and Daniels just never realized that potential. The fact that we only have 3 positions to look out for and not 5 is a huge blessing.
How in the hell are you confident in what Jenkins is bringing? A lot of tackles fail, let alone guys who miss a season for injury rarely hop right in like they didn't miss a beat.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How in the hell are you confident in what Jenkins is bringing? A lot of tackles fail, let alone guys who miss a season for injury rarely hop right in like they didn't miss a beat.

Frankly? I'm not. The only one I have any level of confidence in is Borom. We need to see on Jenkins. We could be looking at needing 4 new starters on the line.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I definitely don't expect them to compete, and if they're smart they should focus on re-tooling or re-building....don't think they even have a choice at this point.

Ideally they tank, stock up on draft picks, and wait until 2023 to begin competing.

I generally agree, but even if you're tanking, you don't want to get your quarterback killed, which means they need to pay Daniels and probably a veteran center

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I would generally agree, except if Pace isn't there, and the new guy evaluates that someone on the market is better than what Whitehair gives you, you can kiss him goodbye.
Yes, but Whitehair on the roster has a $12.3M cap hit. If you cut him the cap hit is $12.5M.

In terms of cap space not having Whitehair costs more than having him, then you have to pay someone to fill his spot.

A new GM would wait until 2023 to cut him. In that scenario you get back ~$6M.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, but Whitehair on the roster has a $12.3M cap hit. If you cut him the cap hit is $12.5M.

In terms of cap space not having Whitehair costs more than having him, then you have to pay someone to fill his spot.

A new GM would wait until 2023 to cut him. In that scenario you get back ~$6M.

This has already been covered, but you can recover 8.1 million of Cody's contract by making him a post June 1st cut in 2021.

Bort

Liked Posts:
This has already been covered, but you can recover 8.1 million of Cody's contract by making him a post June 1st cut in 2021.

You're not recovering anything, just pushing the dead money out into a later year.

Cutting a player after June 1st just pushes two-thirds of the cap hit back a year, so Whitehair's $12 million in dead money would be a cap hit of $4 million in 2022 and $8 million in 2023.

Liked Posts:
Realistically, without Daniels re-signing we’re looking at 2 o-line spots being covered. Borom will be a starter next season regardless whether he shows he’s up to it because there’s plenty to do on that o-line without replacing him anyways. Whitehair will likely be the 2nd due to his versatility and cap hit.

Unless Jenkins gets reps between now and the end of the season and in that time shows he can do a job, then you can’t rely on him as one of your starting tackles next season, would be just too risky.

So best case scenario Daniels signs and 3/5 are covered. Worst is Whitehair is cut pre June date and we take a hit or post June and struggle to find a replacement leaving 1/5 continuing on from this season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it really matter what the Lions do though? They will still be the Lions. The Bears suck but atleast they arent the fucking Lions.
one and done in the playoffs, followed by two seasons of mediocrity and then one season of suck ass, I would say they are pretty dam close. Just one year behind.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm less concerned about the cap and more worried ccs keeps showing me this nightmare in adds
Screenshot_20211206-192116_Chrome.jpg

Why is this happening

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean is that even a real thing are there bee's out there that build hives in your skin? And if so how can I protect myself from this devastating creepshow

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That doesn't 'recover' anything. All it does is push that cap hit into the 2023 season.

To be clear, the team will be on the hook for $12.5M. If he's a post June cut it's spread over 2022 and 2023 as opposed to just 2022.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To be fair, we all knew if the mitch experiment failed this team(particularly the defense) would become old and busted and require a rebuild.

Pace gambled on the wrong qb, really comes down to that. Honestly, if Pace is the GM again next year I hope he retains his aggressiveness. You don't win in the NFL without calculated risks as a GM.
It's a super unpopular opinion around here, but if Pace played it safe everyone would likely be calling him a pussy for not swinging for the fences and trying to win. The reality is he has had some whiffs and some wins. Everyone was all over him for Quinn last year, crickets on that now. Mitch was a huge reach. No one is perfect at the GM level. If he gets replaced I hope it's by someone who remains aggressive in both FA and the draft, just more calculated in their approach.

Come at me.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It's a super unpopular opinion around here, but if Pace played it safe everyone would likely be calling him a pussy for not swinging for the fences and trying to win. The reality is he has had some whiffs and some wins. Everyone was all over him for Quinn last year, crickets on that now. Mitch was a huge reach. No one is perfect at the GM level. If he gets replaced I hope it's by someone who remains aggressive in both FA and the draft, just more calculated in their approach.

Come at me.
It’s been discussed here. He’s one of the longest tenured gms in the league and has the least amount of success. That doesn’t make sense and it’s time to move on

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nobody cares about Dalton. If you'd defend him in any case that'd simply mean you're an complete imbecile. Idk why you keep referring back to that, it isn't something to be proud of.
Imagine getting this defensive over a 4 win team
? ?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I never said we'd win.

Say a lie enough until it's true.
True, you didn’t. I asked you to set a goal that showed Dalton would be better in the offense. Predictably you went for a fruit so low hanging that it might as well be grounded but unfortunately for you even with your low standards for a 10 year vet didn’t really work out. While Dalton got the yards he tossed 4 ints and took 41 attempts to do so. It was awful, much like your posting