208 Mil Salary Cap Next Year

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's a super unpopular opinion around here, but if Pace played it safe everyone would likely be calling him a pussy for not swinging for the fences and trying to win. The reality is he has had some whiffs and some wins. Everyone was all over him for Quinn last year, crickets on that now. Mitch was a huge reach. No one is perfect at the GM level. If he gets replaced I hope it's by someone who remains aggressive in both FA and the draft, just more calculated in their approach.

Come at me.
Come at you nothing, I'm with you.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stopped reading after sentence 1.

I was one of the biggest nut ridders of mitch on this forum, I didn't remember halftime at all as far as a serious critique of mitch.

That means no one cared, truly.

I guess you stepped your game up for the next batch. Must have taken some attention whoring classes over the pandemic.
He didn’t criticize Mitch, quite the opposite

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
Well, if they took Watson instead of Mitch, it would have been the start of a dynasty(Obviously ignoring his legal issues).

Pace gambled and he lost bad. It should cost him his job, but it probably wont.

The concept wasn't bad. The implementation was just straight trash. You had watson in 2018 and that bears team wins the superblow.
They wouldnt have won any superbowl. He played like shit in his first playoff game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
True, you didn’t. I asked you to set a goal that showed Dalton would be better in the offense. Predictably you went for a fruit so low hanging that it might as well be grounded but unfortunately for you even with your low standards for a 10 year vet didn’t really work out. While Dalton got the yards he tossed 4 ints and took 41 attempts to do so. It was awful, much like your posting
I was right. You said 350...like that had any chance of happening.? ?

I was right, you were waaaay off, bud. I was being realistic. I knew Dalton wasn't going much over 200 against AZ's pass D.

We never even talked about INTs at all. You're adding that after the fact. You should have asked me about TOs...lol...nice try.

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
The Bears are one year behind the Lions in terms of a rebuild.

Whew. Thank god the reference point is the Lions. If it was a team with any reason for realistic optimism, I'd be concerned.

If you think the Lions have a realistic chance to be good in 3 years or so, you are fucking deranged.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
so the Bears need to add 27 players to fill a 53 man roster. With an average of 2 mil per player, that is 54 mil.
Wood actually replied to his own tweet mentioning cutting Goldman, Foles, Cohen, Blackson & Attaochu (all very realistic if not probable, but if Pace retained his job who the hell knows)- that would be an additional $16mil.

Trevethan will count against the cap no matter what at some point (due to his re-structure its such a mess), but a post June 1 cut and they could move that to a future cap and save 3.5mil on '22's cap (which makes total sense is more than likely what they'll do).

So that will put them around $63mil in cap space- which is pretty good. However, they should be in MUCH better shape than what they'll be in considering the talent/depth on the roster.

They won't be even close to unlimited spending ability, but they'll be able to turn over nearly half their roster, which will be the perfect starting point for a new GM. Lets just hope it happens.

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
one and done in the playoffs, followed by two seasons of mediocrity and then one season of suck ass, I would say they are pretty dam close. Just one year behind.

No, it isn't close, dumb fuck. The lions dream of mediocrity. That's not an overstatement.

At the start of the year, I put $100 down on the Lions finishing 3rd in the North at +700. My thought was "these pathetic pieces of shit can't possibly keep getting shitted upon by the rest of the division. Certainly they have SOME pride. These pitiful fucks can't possibly render the law of "Regression to the mean" as obsolete, right?" I was fucking wrong as shit.

The other day, fans all over the NFL were happy, out of pity, for your sad bunch of losers for winning ONE game in an NFL season. That's fucking PATHETIC.

Seriously, do you realize just how sad that is?

Are you fucking dumb or deranged?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I really hope they re-sign the offensive MVP Pat O'Donnell.

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
adopt a Honey Badger
Overrated fucks. I was in a South African game reserve couple of years ago. Cooked up some antelope on the grill after dark. While cooking, I heard a pride of lions passing through the area in the distance. That was cool as shit. After eating, I tossed the scraps in a trash can close to my safari tent. When I settled in for the night, I heard the fuckers (badgers) running around the campsite, making this intimidating, guttoral sound. They would come around every 10 minutes, and then I heard my trash can getting knocked over. After finally working up the courage to even open the door of the tent, I peeked outside and saw a couple of em just 15 feet away. I only took a couple of steps toward them, and they scampered. They clearly had low self-esteem, and lacked dignity. ( Therefore, they remind me of @HeHateMe and @Grimson. I even named one hehateme, because he looked more poor than the other one.) They are big as shit, and intimidating, but people shy. For comparison, I've been charged by American badgers from a distance for simply watching them running around looking/digging for food.

No, that isnt a lie. I just like doing dumb shit.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was right. You said 350...like that had any chance of happening.? ?

I was right, you were waaaay off, bud. I was being realistic. I knew Dalton wasn't going much over 200 against AZ's pass D.

We never even talked about INTs at all. You're adding that after the fact. You should have asked me about TOs...lol...nice try.
I asked about everything, you avoided the question because you’re a coward. That’s why everyone is mocking you.
Btw I said 250 yards and lead them to three or four scoring drives

Last edited:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears might need to field at least 10 UDFA's next season just to fit under the cap. Luckily for Pace he is employed by the McCaskey's.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overrated fucks. I was in a South African game reserve couple of years ago. Cooked up some antelope on the grill after dark. While cooking, I heard a pride of lions passing through the area in the distance. That was cool as shit. After eating, I tossed the scraps in a trash can close to my safari tent. When I settled in for the night, I heard the fuckers (badgers) running around the campsite, making this intimidating, guttoral sound. They would come around every 10 minutes, and then I heard my trash can getting knocked over. After finally working up the courage to even open the door of the tent, I peeked outside and saw a couple of em just 15 feet away. I only took a couple of steps toward them, and they scampered. They clearly had low self-esteem, and lacked dignity. ( Therefore, they remind me of @HeHateMe and @Grimson. I even named one hehateme, because he looked more poor than the other one.) They are big as shit, and intimidating, but people shy. For comparison, I've been charged by American badgers from a distance for simply watching them running around looking/digging for food.

No, that isnt a lie. I just like doing dumb shit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I asked about everything, you avoided the question because you’re a coward. That’s why everyone is mocking you.
Btw I said 250 yards and lead them to three or four scoring drives
I avoided the loaded questions because you guys take my answers and fabricate takes. For example..."ThE oNLy tHiNg ThAt mATTerS is YaRds."

I've never said that. It's completely made up. Just like the notion that I don't watch the games and just look at the boxscore. I'm in the live IGTs watching the games with everyone else for christssakes.

I'm not playing your stupid games. That's why I ignore most of your posts directed at me. They are just bullshit games as usual.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I avoided the loaded questions because you guys take my answers and fabricate takes. For example..."ThE oNLy tHiNg ThAt mATTerS is YaRds."

I've never said that. It's completely made up. Just like the notion that I don't watch the games and just look at the boxscore. I'm in the live IGTs watching the games with everyone else for christsakes.

I'm not playing your stupid games. That's why I ignore most of your posts directed at me. They are just bullshit games as usual.
You ignore it because you weren’t capable of coming up with anything proficient and was afraid of looking like an ass but still ended up looking like with despite your insane low expectations for a decade long former pro bowl vet. You said he would be more proficient than Fields in the offense, you were incorrect

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You ignore it because you weren’t capable of coming up with anything proficient and was afraid of looking like an ass but still ended up looking like with despite your insane low expectations for a decade long former pro bowl vet. You said he would be more proficient than Fields in the offense, you were incorrect
I've said multiple times this isn't about Fields vs Dalton. It's about the disparity in the evaluations between the two. I've said multiple times Dalton is a back-up/game manager, hence the low (and correct) 200 yard estimate.

All you do is create strawmen and knock them down. More silly games from you as usual. Congratulations on winning arguments with yourself. ? ? ?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've said multiple times this isn't about Fields vs Dalton. It's about the disparity in the evaluations between the two. I've said multiple times Dalton is a back-up/game manager, hence the low (and correct) 200 yard estimate.

All you do is create strawmen and knock them down. More silly games from you as usual. Congratulations on winning arguments with yourself. ? ? ?
Not much of a straw man guy but it’s obvious you are. You have no problem attacking Fields at all times, saying Dalton will be better only to do a 180 when he plays like shit again. Mostly everyone on this forum has said this team and coaching staff sucks so we can’t evaluate Fields because it’s an awful team and a ridiculous hill to climb, only a few clowns keep trying to tear him down but I guess you don’t do that either? You really are useless talking to because you don’t bring anything to the table but bad takes and pretending to be victimized. I look forward to your next bad take and lie about going dark

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You really are useless talking to because you don’t bring anything to the table but bad takes and pretending to be victimized.
...yet you always seek me out. Maybe don't talk to me? Won't bother me in the least.

You and @Chicagosports89 are comical. You always claim idiocy & bad takes, but if I leave for 24 to 48 hours you guys will start @ing me in threads I've not commented in....like multiple times.

You guys are going to end up in shambles like Bearly. Lol..the guy never recovered from arguing with me incessantly.

But hey, both of you can keep fabricating my takes and winning arguments with yourself. All I'm doing is laughing at you clowns.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
...yet you always seek me out. Maybe don't talk to me? Won't bother me in the least.

You and @Chicagosports89 are comical. You always claim idiocy & bad takes, but if I leave for 24 to 48 hours you guys will start @ing me in threads I've not commented in....like multiple times.

You guys are going to end up in shambles like Bearly. Lol..the guy never recovered from arguing with me incessantly.

But hey, both of you can keep fabricating my takes and winning arguments with yourself. All I'm doing is laughing at you clowns.
@Bearly is this true?

I'm glad you've convinced yourself you are winning arguments in all your discussions because you are being pretty widely mocked by everyone on ccs at this point. Having some strong self confidence is probably necessary if you are going to continue to mope around here

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whew. Thank god the reference point is the Bears. If it was a team with any reason for realistic optimism, I'd be concerned.

If you think the Bears have a realistic chance to be good in 3 years or so, you are fucking deranged.
Aaron Rodgers says hi!