21/22 Official Blackhawks Season thread

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Friedman just tweeted he’s hearing rumors of a Strome trade.

Kravtsov wants out of NY.

If Blowman can swing that trade I give him full permission from CCS to fire Colonton and pick out a fresh new head coach.

Then get fired along with his new HC.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is this shit?

I just saw we open the season 3 in 4.

We open the avs at 6,000 feet. Then we fly 2000 miles and open for New Jersey. Then we play the Penguins the next night in their home opener after destroying the Lightning.

Schedule makers again. I mean really? 3 in 4 to start a season, you ever hear of that?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Blowman trying to trade Shaws contract.

Good luck trading that without attaching something of value to it, moron.

Most teams are against the cap and the teams with space will want a first rounder.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Blowman trying to trade Shaws contract.

Good luck trading that without attaching something of value to it, moron.

Most teams are against the cap and the teams with space will want a first rounder.
What's the cap floor?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
And another thing I don’t get;

Borg/Dach/Strome had chemistry. Why the fuck wasn’t that line out there game one?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That’s a low floor.

20 million in wiggle room is insane for any pro sport
Yeah, I read it was previous 85% of the cap, but that's much lower. maybe a covid adjustment thing or soemthing I don't know.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I read it was previous 85% of the cap, but that's much lower. maybe a covid adjustment thing or soemthing I don't know.
If the Hawks were actually going to tank, this would have been the time to do it.

Get rid of everyone, take bad contracts with draft picks, and draft high these next two years with potential game breakers coming out.

Go all in on everything but a head coach

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Hawks were actually going to tank, this would have been the time to do it.

Get rid of everyone, take bad contracts with draft picks, and draft high these next two years with potential game breakers coming out.

Go all in on everything but a head coach
Coulda signed Jones next year for the same $$$ without giving up the assets too and just sign any decent backup/1B goaltender to help Lankinen along this year.
The problem with taking back bad contracts for picks,which I agree should be done for a real rebuild is SB takes bad contracts without getting picks back.
The Habs loved Shaw and had the space but they knew his next concussion could be his last and said so after the trade,a trade that saw the Hawks not only take his entire contract but give the Habs a 2nd and a 3rd too.....it HAD to feel like Christmas. de HAAN was also a pure salary dump but again,we got nothing to take the entire contract off the Cane's hands and we ate 750K to move Maata after ONE season..........what a disastrous summer it was.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's why I think there needs to be hard-and-fast metrics for this year. If we were rebuilding, then deploy and build the roster as such. If we're going for it like the roster indicates, then we gotta start winning.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Crosby, no Malkin, and it's like men against Boys II Men out there.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Fire the coach now. Savard got 4 games and actually won one without being embarrassed like this. MAF is going to leave this dumpster fire and retire.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welcome to 2022 Kane!