21/22 Official Blackhawks Season thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gus doesn't belong in the lineup.
I dont think we like defenders that can defend anymore.

I get the sense Allan is better than all of them right now.

This team needs help from Beudin or Mitchell I guess.

Play Strome with the cat/Kane until he can bring back a defender.

Trade Johnson/Fleury/Gus/DeHaan while/if we can.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think we like defenders that can defend anymore.

I get the sense Allan is better than all of them right now.

This team needs help from Beudin or Mitchell I guess.

Play Strome with the cat/Kane until he can bring back a defender.

Trade Johnson/Fleury/Gus/DeHaan while/if we can.

Let the new coach evaluate. I think he gets it

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any HC who's gifted with one of the best passers of his generation and one of the league's best snipers but refuses to pair the two out of stubbornness was maddening to me! One or both have either been involved in or directly responsible for 4 of the 6 regulation goals scored during the 3 game win streak ........JT assisted on the other two.
I wondered how Kane and Cat weren't together for entertainment value alone or just shits n giggles if you're losing every game but I guess the stubbornness was that deep. Now lets get some real entertainment and a boatload of shits and giggles by showing the league a JT/Cat/Kane line since Dach's winnin' 31% of his draws. Just for a few games....scare em!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...I agree Bob,

El Gato-Taser-Kaner
Borgbot/Reichel/Nylander-Dach-Kubalik
BigJ/-Strome-Hagelstorm/Kurashev
Carp-Hardman-Khaira

Otherwise slot Strome in the lottery not Dach.

Or play with Dach on the wing of Toews.

Dach-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Johnson-Borgbot-Hagel/Kurashev

Toews likes that powerforward. Otherwise break the mold and go...

Cat-Toews-Kubalik
Reichel-Strome-Kane
Johnson-Dach-Hagel

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not against streaming services. I'm against services that I already pay for extorting me to pay for another service to get the content that I should already be getting. If it was all one sure. But you can't just subscribe to ESPN+ because then you miss everything else.

I've been a Netflix member for over 21 years. They do their own shit that sucks but if they created Netflix plus and started putting some content there it would be completely bullshit.
The crux of your complaint is what I think is the issue with streaming nowadays: It's all piecemeal and you can't just go one play for one-stop media. Hulu does their set, Netflix does their set, HBO does their set, Discovery does their set, plus there's also live broadcast TV thrown in as well. in the end you're probably going to pay as much as you did for Cable, but then again you're closer to a al carte.

The problem though is the contracts: ABC/ESPN/TNT/NHLN have the national broadcasts--you need a plan that covers all of them. For local (which I'm not), you might also need CSN Chicago.

The underhanded move is Center Ice. They basically dropped it down to $60 and forgot to tell everyone that (a) ESPN+ exclusive games will not be shown there, and (b) ESPN+ will have the SAME content as Center ice, so for the cost of Center Ice you could have paid for 8.5 months of ESPN+, and gotten all of their extra programming as well.

The non-technical hockey fans got screwed by that.

P.S. Been a Netflix subscriber for about the same amount of time. They do have some good stuff.