21/22 Official Blackhawks Season thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It seems like ever since 2018 Stan was always trying to do one last run, much to the team's detriment.
And look what he's fucking left us with as a rebuild cornerstone. No first or second round pick.1636583901248.png

And I know I was saying how important the trade deadline was going to be in rebuilding. but fucks sake we don't have anything to really give to get them back. Unless you want to give up some of the young stuff you're going to need in order to build around. This is a huge huge hold to dig out of .

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And look what he's fucking left us with as a rebuild cornerstone. No first or second round pick.View attachment 15434

And I know I was saying how important the trade deadline was going to be in rebuilding. but fucks sake we don't have anything to really give to get them back. Unless you want to give up some of the young stuff you're going to need in order to build around. This is a huge huge hold to dig out of .
And that’s why perfect time to kick bowman the lesser was when we were gifted the number 3 pick.

look how fast yzerman turned around Detroit. Can’t go in the past but it sure looks like many years of shit to clean this mess up

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And that’s why perfect time to kick bowman the lesser was when we were gifted the number 3 pick.

look how fast yzerman turned around Detroit. Can’t go in the past but it sure looks like many years of shit to clean this mess up
I'm not against trading a first round pick for a top guy like Jones, but when it's basically all we have in the draft for a team trying to rebuild it shoots yourself in the foot. If you do it to supplement a strong draft, and lots of strong picks, then it works, it's like we would have gotten Jones in the first round then had a bunch of picks to surround him with guys to try to fill out the roster with needs. When you essentially deplete your entire draft to 3 3rds and a 6th... you better hope you have a plan to rebuild it or just give the rest of it away. Only thing I can pray for is somehow whatever they ship at the deadline they use the 3rds and whoever we send to to move up

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The problem with Strome is he’s useless if he’s not playing with stars. If King can’t see the little he brings to the table is wasted playing with the scrub call up of the day then idk what he can do.

Put Strome with Kane and Cat. Dach is being wasted there. 61% ozs and they give up possession because Dach can’t win a faceoff defeats the purpose of sheltering him. Losing possession from the dot then having Kane in the D zone isn’t smart.

Dach is at 32% FO wins. That’s a fucking joke. Strome wins faceoffs. Why isn’t he on a sheltered line keeping possession in the o zone then shuttling the three off the ice when they lose possession for all these AHL scrubs this organization thinks so much of?

If you don’t think Dach would benefit playing on a third line right now with other grinders who play that similar trap possession game and pinning forwards deep where he can facilitate offense then Dach was a mistake considering how well Byram and the kid in Detroit are playing on defense.

And to be honest, I wasn’t that impressed with Dach before his draft and wanted Byram. Like it or not, it was a reach at three. He’s looking like Adam Creighton more then Ryan Getzlaf right now and the jury is still out if he can play with star players 5v5 and isn’t better suited playing with grinders and playing a strong board cycle game, which is what he’s excellent at at such a young age.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
And one more thing about Strome, you can say what you want about the guy and rightly so, but he at least picked Toews brain on faceoffs. They are like a carbon copy in approach

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm not against trading a first round pick for a top guy like Jones, but when it's basically all we have in the draft for a team trying to rebuild it shoots yourself in the foot. If you do it to supplement a strong draft, and lots of strong picks, then it works, it's like we would have gotten Jones in the first round then had a bunch of picks to surround him with guys to try to fill out the roster with needs. When you essentially deplete your entire draft to 3 3rds and a 6th... you better hope you have a plan to rebuild it or just give the rest of it away. Only thing I can pray for is somehow whatever they ship at the deadline they use the 3rds and whoever we send to to move up
They have to get the ball rolling and get a gm in here. It shouldn’t wait until the offseason.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The problem with Strome is he’s useless if he’s not playing with stars. If King can’t see the little he brings to the table is wasted playing with the scrub call up of the day then idk what he can do.

Put Strome with Kane and Cat. Dach is being wasted there. 61% ozs and they give up possession because Dach can’t win a faceoff defeats the purpose of sheltering him. Losing possession from the dot then having Kane in the D zone isn’t smart.

Dach is at 32% FO wins. That’s a fucking joke. Strome wins faceoffs. Why isn’t he on a sheltered line keeping possession in the o zone then shuttling the three off the ice when they lose possession for all these AHL scrubs this organization thinks so much of?

If you don’t think Dach would benefit playing on a third line right now with other grinders who play that similar trap possession game and pinning forwards deep where he can facilitate offense then Dach was a mistake considering how well Byram and the kid in Detroit are playing on defense.

And to be honest, I wasn’t that impressed with Dach before his draft and wanted Byram. Like it or not, it was a reach at three. He’s looking like Adam Creighton more then Ryan Getzlaf right now and the jury is still out if he can play with star players 5v5 and isn’t better suited playing with grinders and playing a strong board cycle game, which is what he’s excellent at at such a young age.
Disagree at this point. I wanted Strome with Cat early in the year, but I think you keep Dach there, because at this point, his ceiling is much higher than Strome's and he needs to see substantial time in the top six. Dach is playing decent too -- he's not tearing it up on the scoresheet necessarily, but he's getting his chances, going to the net, and is learning to use his body to protect the puck. Yes, faceoffs are important, but they are not the end-all be-all. It's time to see what Dach can do in the top six now, so he needs an extended look there; you can't just keep babying him by keeping him on the third line.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Honestly, the perfect point to have kicked both Stan and Q to the curb would have been after the 2018 fiasco.

And yes, we'll be cleaning this one up for awhile, so at this point it's best to start putting the pieces in place while we can.

I'll give you this much, Strome does look MUCH better at the dot than he has previously--much better than Dach has. I think Dach may have a higher ceiling, but unless he can get much better at the dot he's wasted there, and we might have to see how he does on wing.

I do think that Strome needs to up his play outside of the dot, though. Dach right now should be better with Cane & the Cat in every situation except for winning draws.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hagel out two weeks. Game not on TV tonight. Tyler Johnson coming off covid protocol... Guess it's US/Mexico then Bulls tonight

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A center winning 35% of his draws on a line with Kane and Cat should be unthinkable. That line needs possession to be effective and losing 65% of draws will NOT lead to possession. I dunno who to put there,TJ can't keep up,Strome doesn't play D,Dach can't win a draw,Carp's a 4th liner and Borgstrom doesn't even draw in. That leaves Toews......BOY OH BOY,WOULD WE SEE NUMBERS IF THAT HAPPENED!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hagel out two weeks. Game not on TV tonight. Tyler Johnson coming off covid protocol... Guess it's US/Mexico then Bulls tonight
It's hard to believe the NHL went this route,I buy 'center ice' every year to follow this team or that team or just catch the games I want to but I won't buy an app too. I canceled 'center ice' already after missing two Panther's games to the ESPN+/HULU exclusive shit but missing a Hawk home game is something different all together........Bill and Arthur must be smiling!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's hard to believe the NHL went this route,I buy 'center ice' every year to follow this team or that team or just catch the games I want to but I won't buy an app too. I canceled 'center ice' already after missing two Panther's games to the ESPN+/HULU exclusive shit but missing a Hawk home game is something different all together........Bill and Arthur must be smiling!
This is the problem with the sports groups whether it's B1G, NHL, SEC, NBA, NFL.... they don't care. They are selling to the highest bidder. It's not their problem. And they don't get the blow back for it so they don't care. They could have easily stipulated in negotiations when the rights deals are signed how and where these games need to be broadcast. But they don't because that would hit their wallets. If the NHL would have enforced to ESPN that they can't have streaming only games, ESPN would have said fine but we're knocking 500M off our offer then... they go, welp ok you can do what you want.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can Bettmen be blamed for this shitty BSPN contract that allowed streaming only?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can Bettmen be blamed for this shitty BSPN contract that allowed streaming only?
Yes, technically. But NBCSports folding really opened it up, and he just went to the highest bidder which I assume the only one at this time was ESPN.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Such bull shit. Oh well, guess I have to listen to it on the radio like the "good" ol' days. Or is it not on the radio too?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Disagree at this point. I wanted Strome with Cat early in the year, but I think you keep Dach there, because at this point, his ceiling is much higher than Strome's and he needs to see substantial time in the top six. Dach is playing decent too -- he's not tearing it up on the scoresheet necessarily, but he's getting his chances, going to the net, and is learning to use his body to protect the puck. Yes, faceoffs are important, but they are not the end-all be-all. It's time to see what Dach can do in the top six now, so he needs an extended look there; you can't just keep babying him by keeping him on the third line.
I agree with you on this, if the team was in a position to challenge for the cup, there is no doubt Dach playing with Kane and Cat would be a bad decision. The Hawks need to know what they have moving forward, the organization and scouts knew Dach wasn’t a premiere face-off guy however he made up for it with other intangibles. it time to let him sink or swim. This season is a tryout, the minute a new GM comes in, there will be some drastic changes, know one on this team is safe from being dealt including Dach if he can’t produce or play like a top 6 the Hawks drafted him to be.