21/22 Official Blackhawks Season thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the problem with the sports groups whether it's B1G, NHL, SEC, NBA, NFL.... they don't care. They are selling to the highest bidder. It's not their problem. And they don't get the blow back for it so they don't care. They could have easily stipulated in negotiations when the rights deals are signed how and where these games need to be broadcast. But they don't because that would hit their wallets. If the NHL would have enforced to ESPN that they can't have streaming only games, ESPN would have said fine but we're knocking 500M off our offer then... they go, welp ok you can do what you want.
To add to this, I seriously think streaming is the wave of the future, and stuff like discrete cable channels and the like might be going away.

In some ways it does suck because it seems like to get everything you wanted in an older cable package you'll have to buy into a buttload of streaming subscription services.

But on the flipside I think I'm paying less for the Hulu+ bundle (Technically my wife pays that bill) that gives me ESPN+ than I did with NHL.tv (and I think that was the same price as GCL), plus I get way more content than just NHL games.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
To add to this, I seriously think streaming is the wave of the future, and stuff like discrete cable channels and the like might be going away.

In some ways it does suck because it seems like to get everything you wanted in an older cable package you'll have to buy into a buttload of streaming subscription services.

But on the flipside I think I'm paying less for the Hulu+ bundle (Technically my wife pays that bill) that gives me ESPN+ than I did with NHL.tv (and I think that was the same price as GCL), plus I get way more content than just NHL games.
I'm not against streaming services. I'm against services that I already pay for extorting me to pay for another service to get the content that I should already be getting. If it was all one sure. But you can't just subscribe to ESPN+ because then you miss everything else.

I've been a Netflix member for over 21 years. They do their own shit that sucks but if they created Netflix plus and started putting some content there it would be completely bullshit.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
My god the announcers on ESPN + is a snore fest..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lena Hextal. Now she seems to know the game and does pretty well keeping up but call me sexist. while I love a sexy female voice....a woman doing play by play on a hockey game is not a good look. ESPN blows.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Lena Hextal. Now she seems to know the game and does pretty well keeping up but call me sexist. while I love a sexy female voice....a woman doing play by play on a hockey game is not a good look. ESPN blows.
There is no energy, it's like she is just board or in a library or something. It's terrible

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
These two people have no business doing play-by-play...a lot of dead air, and just bland and boring.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is what you get with streaming services. They aren't funded but you are expected to pay a premium for them. They can't afford the talent on the margins, resolution suffers, graphics, everything. Pure profit

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No way they win this right? I mean three in a row under king after letting JC go? It's just too on the nose right?

And Bowman gone too for that matter but that's a little less on the money I guess

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The biggest problem with my stream is the audio is slightly ahead of the video.. so I keep hearing offside whistles before the puck is even to the blue line.. it's really annoying. Same thing with the announcers calling goal before the puck is in the back of the net.. ESPN sucks.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Watching the feed but listening to the radio broadcast and Chelios daughter isn’t anything special either. Weidman has had a few uncomfortable silence moments.

Hawks win.

Fuck you Blowman and Colonton

#teambreakingbad

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's absolutely disgusting to see this team win three in a row given the enormous hole that they're in just by such a simple change. They even won this one without one of their emerging Stars. I know they're at home and that's a big deal but it's kind of crushing to see them give fans hope like this knowing how bad the organization screwed them to begin this season

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Arizona is in some real trouble. That team has a few former Hawks and is going to have trouble escaping the wrong record books.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm concerned about the Hagelstorm absence.

Johnson-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Borgbot-Dach-Kurashev
Gaudette-Carp-Hardman

Jones-Murphy
McCabe/DeHaan-Stillman
Gus-Kalynuk