3 against sunshine state

greg23

Liked Posts:
Sorry...but add goalie to the list of needs (in addition to a defense and centers)

Both Subban and Lankinen look like decent backups and low end/shouldn't be starters.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Sorry...but add goalie to the list of needs (in addition to a defense and centers)

Both Subban and Lankinen look like decent backups and low end/shouldn't be starters.

Yep name of the game at the pro level is consistency. while Lank's started off hawt he has been one of the weak links these past 2 months.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Kevin has shown signs that he could be a number 1#, lets be real here the decor is a travesty, a train-wreck from hell, Hasek in his prime couldn’t help the cause.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
1) Kane has to waive his NMC.
2) Not even Vladislav Tretiak in his prime can save the team from itself.
3) Toews has to waive his NMC.
Let’s take a second to look at this, yes NMC would be needed, but the truth is, if the team were actually on a intense rebuild and you could get a few first rounders and a couple good kids for Toews and Kane you have to consider it. This teams has to many glaring needs. Bowman is in a tough spot, Hawks need draft picks, first round top ten picks. The only way we get those is by trading Kane and Toews. Do I want that to happen, no, but the Hawks are definitely in a tough place right now.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Kevin has shown signs that he could be a number 1#, lets be real here the decor is a travesty, a train-wreck from hell, Hasek in his prime couldn’t help the cause.
9 of his 16 wins vs det/cbj

12 of his 16 wins vs det/cbj/dal

Is he really any good?

Bust

Liked Posts:

Is he really any good?

Boom

The last Columbus series, omfg batman, there was a shot from the blue line that whiffed right past Lank's glove hand for the first goal. That was the day I says to myself, "Self, this guy is not the guy"

Watch the 0:25 second clip. The second goal soon after was no better Like wtf!!!

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Is he really any good?
Once again it’s difficult to assess. I have watched games where he has played extremely well and was dealt a loss in relation to the poor play of the team. I have also watched games where he has been hung out to dry by poor defensive mistakes and there has been games the Hawks should of won but lost due to poor goaltending.
I think with a good veteran backup to lessen the load and teach him along the way he can be a serviceable goalie, but time will tell. He at the very least deserves more of an opportunity to give us a bigger sample size. Next season will most likely go back to a 82 game schedule and the normal division Setup, that should tell us if he is here for the long haul.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let’s take a second to look at this, yes NMC would be needed, but the truth is, if the team were actually on a intense rebuild and you could get a few first rounders and a couple good kids for Toews and Kane you have to consider it. This teams has to many glaring needs. Bowman is in a tough spot, Hawks need draft picks, first round top ten picks. The only way we get those is by trading Kane and Toews. Do I want that to happen, no, but the Hawks are definitely in a tough place right now.
Which is exactly why I've been saying all season that while the weak division they are in was allowing them to have playoff aspirations....it was not a good thing for a team that's rebuilding. They are in need of draft picks....high ones. They won't get a top ten pick now unless they dump some veteran talent....I've been a huge Kaner fan from the first time I saw him. But it's time. You gotta move him before his game starts dropping off. I know, it sucks but these middle of the pack finishes are killers to a rebuild.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Which is exactly why I've been saying all season that while the weak division they are in was allowing them to have playoff aspirations....it was not a good thing for a team that's rebuilding. They are in need of draft picks....high ones. They won't get a top ten pick now unless they dump some veteran talent....I've been a huge Kaner fan from the first time I saw him. But it's time. You gotta move him before his game starts dropping off. I know, it sucks but these middle of the pack finishes are killers to a rebuild.
Right on diehard, but you know, I had this team pegged at 4-5 wins with a top 3 pick, I was told by other posters what kind of Hawks fan am I, why do you want the team to fail, you know nothing about the sport and the list goes on. A top 3-5 pick is needed for the rebuild not a quick series against Tampa to get humiliated and embarrassed, now the teams gets nothing. I applaud the effort but this season has been wasted on 2 fronts, and we know Bowman can’t draft for shit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Helluva rookie year.
Good teams have two good goalies these days.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
This is a dream though 19 and 88 are not waving NTC to go to a shit team. Shit teams are the only ones with top 5 picks.
Also rebuilding teams are not gonna give up a couple of first rounders for a player who is gonna be there for only 2 years.
This team is on year 5 of the rebuild year 5. our biggest trade chip from this year we got a Dman that we would gladly trade for a bag of pucks.and we are not even close to rock bottom, but I will be chearing for them to win as many games as possible. I also do not fault anyone who hopes that they tank to speed this thing along. As far as Lank and Sub they will both be here next year so it is what it is. I still believe in Lank just my thoughts.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This is a dream though 19 and 88 are not waving NTC to go to a shit team. Shit teams are the only ones with top 5 picks.
Also rebuilding teams are not gonna give up a couple of first rounders for a player who is gonna be there for only 2 years.
This team is on year 5 of the rebuild year 5. our biggest trade chip from this year we got a Dman that we would gladly trade for a bag of pucks.and we are not even close to rock bottom, but I will be chearing for them to win as many games as possible. I also do not fault anyone who hopes that they tank to speed this thing along. As far as Lank and Sub they will both be here next year so it is what it is. I still believe in Lank just my thoughts.
Kind of have to agree with this.

Nobody in their right minds is trading anything of value for Kane or Toews when they have NMC attached to their contracts. 10.5 means your taking back shit contracts along with maybe one blue chip prospect in Kane's behalf and your just dumping Toews at this point for nothing.

They have more value to the Hawks then another team. And plz, repeat after me;

Contenders don't have cap space for either one.

What the Hawks should do?
Re-rebuild the rebuild. Use this season as an evaluation and get rid of young players while they have high value.

Bustvist is a bust, trade him for a first rounder and try again.

Mitchell? Bust. Trade him for a second rounder and scraps but I highly doubt he returns even that much.

Keep

Cat
Kane
Kalynuk
Dach

That's it, and build around them. Everyone else has a price.

I wouldnt be shocked if they're interested in the 6'6 goalie if they fall out of the lottery. Cossa is becoming a big deal

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as Lank and Sub they will both be here next year so it is what it is. I still believe in Lank just my thoughts.

I think they might expose Subban for the expansion. It's possible they lose him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Kind of have to agree with this.

Nobody in their right minds is trading anything of value for Kane or Toews when they have NMC attached to their contracts. 10.5 means your taking back shit contracts along with maybe one blue chip prospect in Kane's behalf and your just dumping Toews at this point for nothing.

They have more value to the Hawks then another team. And plz, repeat after me;

Contenders don't have cap space for either one.

What the Hawks should do?
Re-rebuild the rebuild. Use this season as an evaluation and get rid of young players while they have high value.

Bustvist is a bust, trade him for a first rounder and try again.

Mitchell? Bust. Trade him for a second rounder and scraps but I highly doubt he returns even that much.

Keep

Cat
Kane
Kalynuk
Dach

That's it, and build around them. Everyone else has a price.

I wouldnt be shocked if they're interested in the 6'6 goalie if they fall out of the lottery. Cossa is becoming a big deal
lol too early to quit on picks that fast but yea there shouldn't be any untouchables either. Jack Hughes, Kaapo Kakko and the like aren't exactly making waves given their draft status. Defensemen also take longer to develop in the nhl. All of the Hawks D prospects pretty much are just 1 season apart, heh. Then you got 2 goaltenders behind them who have little experience starting at the nhl level themselves.

Key to the Hawks going forward is some of these young guys like Dach need to pull away from the pack and become a <The Guy> playa to build around.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Wut? NO.

Toews turned 33 today, out indefinitely with whatever injury, carries a 10.5MM cap hit, and teams are going to give us 1st round picks and prospects to acquire that contract?

Bruh, we would be the ones offering additional consideration to any team willing to absorb that contract.

As for Kane, he is still elite but there's only negligible value to his contract, he's also turning 33 this year and carries that massive cap hit as well.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wut? NO.

Toews turned 33 today, out indefinitely with whatever injury, carries a 10.5MM cap hit, and teams are going to give us 1st round picks and prospects to acquire that contract?

Bruh, we would be the ones offering additional consideration to any team willing to absorb that contract.

As for Kane, he is still elite but there's only negligible value to his contract, he's also turning 33 this year and carries that massive cap hit as well.
With Toews, I'd have to agree....with all the intangibles involved with him it's doubtful anyone would be interested. But Kane is a different story....the way his contract stands right now, you're probably right. Still, they rework contracts and if someone thinks that Kane can give them 5 years of great hockey, they can convert & bonus him upfront and stretch out the cap hits. He's been fortunate to have very few injuries in his career. No concussions that I'm aware of. For a team on the cusp, it could be a Cup winning addition....providing Kaner waives the clause.

Although......it would be quite painful to watch him play for another team. :(

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wut? NO.

Racer x if Kane were put on the market teams would be rushing to the phone, even at 33 he is a top 10 talent in the league with only a few years left on his contract, imagine him in Colorado or Vegas, they sure as hell have the space to acquire him. 10.5 for a player such as Kane is a steal for a team who wants to win the cup now.
Toews on the other hand is complicated, but if he comes back next season and shines, you would be totally flabbergasted at what teams would offer for his talent and leadership combined with his winning pedigree.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At 10.5 cap hit Kane is sitting at 60 points same as Marner who is an asshair over 10.9 and 4 ahead of Breadman at 11.64. McDavid earning that extra 2M with 84. Mathews 1 behind Kane at 11.64. Tavares with shit running down his leg at 44 for 11M. Then you have a guy like Kopitar who is at 46 points, also 33, and still making 10M. I think Kane will show out like Ove at the least who is still at 42 pts right now sitting on a 9.5 cap hit. That should be the low bar for him in two years.
The thing is, Kane is doing it basically by himself, he's got the cat sure, but this is a really bad team. Toronto is clinched and at the top. You're looking at Marner, Tavares, Mathews all there. Edmonton and McDavid right behind them and he's got Draisaitl. Everyone in the top 10 in points right now is on a top 1 or 2 team in the division. Except Kane and Marchand. And Bos is 4th with 62 points. Which actually would put them second in the north. All this to say, he's still making his contract worth it, in a year where everything is out of control crazy and uncertain what the lineup is going to be night to night, and he should continue to do that for several more years as long as they can get enough talent around him to give him space, and guys strong enough to protect him from the young guns running at him.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
lol too early to quit on picks that fast but yea there shouldn't be any untouchables either. Jack Hughes, Kaapo Kakko and the like aren't exactly making waves given their draft status. Defensemen also take longer to develop in the nhl. All of the Hawks D prospects pretty much are just 1 season apart, heh. Then you got 2 goaltenders behind them who have little experience starting at the nhl level themselves.

Key to the Hawks going forward is some of these young guys like Dach need to pull away from the pack and become a <The Guy> playa to build around.

Idk man, Hughes is a possession monster on a shit team with average linemates and Kakkos game the last couple weeks has been noticably better.

I'd still take both and Byram over Dach

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Hawk in your fantasy trades the one that would be interesting would be the Avs but that would have to start with Byram and a good amount more and he has not played in a month because of concussion. 88 wants to stay here he is more then earning his money and im with Mass he has alot years left.