3 against sunshine state

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
can someone please tell me what 16 was doing on the 4th goal. Sorry I cant take 5-8 bonehead plays from a Dman every night.
This has been going on for awhile now yet some people on this board think he's worth keeping because of he will occasionally hit someone. The guy is big, slow, despite his size a poor fighter and plays a brain dead game of hockey. I see zero reason why he should be resigned.

Granada

Liked Posts:
can someone please tell me what 16 was doing on the 4th goal. Sorry I cant take 5-8 bonehead plays from a Dman every night.

I'd say the better question is, who the hell was Murphy passing to? He's the one that turned the puck over. Zadorov exacerbated the situation by failing to cover Duclair, but it was Murphy's screw-up initially (shitty outlet pass), which led to Florida's quick transition.

The entire defensive core is playing like horse shit.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
This has been going on for awhile now yet some people on this board think he's worth keeping because of he will occasionally hit someone. The guy is big, slow, despite his size a poor fighter and plays a brain dead game of hockey. I see zero reason why he should be resigned.
There's more nuance to it than that (which we've already gone over). And "occasionally" is an understatement. People love to say he should be replaced, yet fail to come up with one example of whom exactly to replace him with.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I live in FL and although I live on the west coast, the Panthers are considered in my local TV market. I had to watch the local broadcast and the FL announcer immediately asked, "Where was the defenseman?"
I watch a lot of Panther's hockey and I like those guys......what do you think of em?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was more hypothetical than anything.
Gotcha.

IF Toews, Kane, or Keith do indeed waive, then it's a case of, "They want out", so we get what we can for them and do right by them. This isn't a case of giving them the bum's rush out, but for them it's simple: If they want to stay, they refuse to waive. If they want to go, they'll waive.

I'm not sure what Toews or Keith would command. Toews will indeed be a question mark after this season given he's got 2 more seasons at 10.5M, and he hasn't played this season. Keith, albeit being decently good this year is not the beast he used to be at 37 years old. Kane should still command a lot...even if not 10.5M worth.

If they want to stay, though, I'm perfectly fine letting them. Keith is our last recapture and if his minutes are managed he's good. Kane is still Kane. Toews is still the only guy we have that's good at the dot.

The only thing that concerns me though is the deference to them. That's gotta stop. At this point we should be trying to pass the torch--and even though Kane has been great this year the 'hawks would have done a lot better if guys would stop deferring to them and be a bit selfish. He is a set-up guy as well as a finisher.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Kane waives and the Hawks retain 2-3M,the return should be stellar. Kane is till one of the game's best(tied for 5th in scoring in a down year) and would be a REMARKABLE value for 7M. This move could also guarantee one of the worst records in the league but the team probably needs that record even if the FO doesn't realize it.

Keith is now at the point where there's only two left on his deal and might fetch a little something if salary's retained too.

The Hawks retained half of Janmark's 2.5M for the rest of this year only and got a 2nd and a 3rd from Vegas for God's sake! Hawks added a 5th......I'm gonna need a 5th after this year.....LOL!

If JT returns healthy and capable,keep him,he also only has two left and somebody has to teach Dach how to play fuckin' center!

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
I'd say the better question is, who the hell was Murphy passing to? He's the one that turned the puck over. Zadorov exacerbated the situation by failing to cover Duclair, but it was Murphy's screw-up initially (shitty outlet pass), which led to Florida's quick transition.

The entire defensive core is playing like horse shit.
I hear what u r saying Gran, but thats a stretch pass that missed, happens 15 times a game with this group.
MY question for our X and Os people is could that be taught that 16 is to come over and 5 is to get the trailer?
I think I have seen this before, Im more on the side that coaches should be figuring this out,
That being said im good with moving 16 but if they do they have a physical hole that needs to be addressed and it wont be addressed by Stillman. Again just my 2 cents

Granada

Liked Posts:
I hear what u r saying Gran, but thats a stretch pass that missed, happens 15 times a game with this group.
MY question for our X and Os people is could that be taught that 16 is to come over and 5 is to get the trailer?
I think I have seen this before, Im more on the side that coaches should be figuring this out,
That being said im good with moving 16 but if they do they have a physical hole that needs to be addressed and it wont be addressed by Stillman. Again just my 2 cents
That's fair enough. I honestly think that Zadorov was thinking about going for a change on the play -- that's why he was so far out of position. It was a logical time to do so as well, as Murphy had all the time in the world before trying to force a pass that wasn't there. I can't recall how long he was on the ice for that shift though, so I could be wrong.

I'm not saying Zadorov wasn't at fault on the play, but I think Murphy was equally culpable, if not more so.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watch a lot of Panther's hockey and I like those guys......what do you think of em?
I really don't watch much hockey other that the Hawks. It's really stupid of me since they're on TV every game they play and I've always been a fan of Q. As the playoffs are on, I'll certainly watch them. It might even be fun to go to a game or two although it is a 90 minute drive. Of course, why should that stop me? When I lived in the far western Chicago burbs it would sometime take me that long to go to the UC in traffic.

One neat perk at the BB&T Center is that the S. Florida Lexus Dealer Assn has a Lexus parking lot in right in front of the main entrance of the stadium. As long as you have an "L" on the front of the car, you park free.... and real close. All you gotta do is get there maybe 1/2 hour before game time to make sure there's a spot but having gone to several Hawk/Panther games, I've never had a problem.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
HSBOB, now that you brought it up, the Hawks out of it and are down 3-0 halfway throught the NC game so I'm switching to FL/Dal game. Why not?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really don't watch much hockey other that the Hawks. It's really stupid of me since they're on TV every game they play and I've always been a fan of Q. As the playoffs are on, I'll certainly watch them. It might even be fun to go to a game or two although it is a 90 minute drive. Of course, why should that stop me? When I lived in the far western Chicago burbs it would sometime take me that long to go to the UC in traffic.

One neat perk at the BB&T Center is that the S. Florida Lexus Dealer Assn has a Lexus parking lot in right in front of the main entrance of the stadium. As long as you have an "L" on the front of the car, you park free.... and real close. All you gotta do is get there maybe 1/2 hour before game time to make sure there's a spot but having gone to several Hawk/Panther games, I've never had a problem.
I'm two hours west of the UC(with game day traffic) but I could be next door and I'd watch em on TV at this point.
I'm about 5 miles west of St Chuck,where were you back then?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
HSBOB, now that you brought it up, the Hawks out of it and are down 3-0 halfway throught the NC game so I'm switching to FL/Dal game. Why not?
Florida coughed up a 2 goal lead BUT the ending was 'Cat-tastic'! Barkov tallied his 18th in the last 23 games for the OT GWG and Spencer Knight became the youngest tender in league history to go 4-0-0,he turned 20 two weeks ago!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's fair enough. I honestly think that Zadorov was thinking about going for a change on the play -- that's why he was so far out of position. It was a logical time to do so as well, as Murphy had all the time in the world before trying to force a pass that wasn't there. I can't recall how long he was on the ice for that shift though, so I could be wrong.

I'm not saying Zadorov wasn't at fault on the play, but I think Murphy was equally culpable, if not more so.
I haven't been the big Russian's biggest fan but is there ANY doubt that he's instructed to chase opposing wingers out to the blueline? I have to assume so since all the other D-men do the same. I'll also assume this is foreign to most D-men,having been taught to protect their net and the guy tending it.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I haven't been the big Russian's biggest fan but is there ANY doubt that he's instructed to chase opposing wingers out to the blueline? I have to assume so since all the other D-men do the same. I'll also assume this is foreign to most D-men,having been taught to protect their net and the guy tending it.

Who knows, really. It's like one D-man has the responsibility of the puck carrier and the other is responsible to stay home and cover the net. If that is the case, then a wing or center should come down to support. Or our d-men are indeed just that bad and are constantly being drawn away by the puck carrier, but like you say, it's hard to think that with how often this occurs.

Granada

Liked Posts:

In response to the bolded: sure, it's not really uncommon for d-men to switch with it's necessary. Zadorov either miscalculated how far Murphy was from Duclair and didn't realize Murphy wouldn't be able to get there, or (which is probably more accurate) Zadorov's trajectory made it impossible for him to get back to Duclair, so he tried to attack the initial puck carrier, since he had no other options.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who knows, really. It's like one D-man has the responsibility of the puck carrier and the other is responsible to stay home and cover the net. If that is the case, then a wing or center should come down to support. Or our d-men are indeed just that bad and are constantly being drawn away by the puck carrier, but like you say, it's hard to think that with how often this occurs.
I watched a game with my brother and a vaxed up buddy and former STH over a month ago,neither had watched much if any the last few years. There was a play about 10 minutes in that caused both of em to ask me when Hawk D-men started chasing opponents out to the blueline......opponents who didn't even have the F'n puck. I told them that my best guess was the new system that was all the rage with the staff since D-men just don't do that on their own.
Zadorov can get caught flat-footed a bit too much for my liking but who can say why,what I do know is this........his physicality will be missed if he's moved and it sure as HELL won't be replaced.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
JT system is man-man its gotten a little softer this year. Im not a fan of it any breakdown and there are big holes in coverage.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm two hours west of the UC(with game day traffic) but I could be next door and I'd watch em on TV at this point.
I'm about 5 miles west of St Chuck,where were you back then?
I lived out by you, in Wayne. There was (or still is) no real good way to get to the UC from that neck of the woods. Being a STH, it was a pain to make that drive but the real pisser was that I gave up the tickets and moved down here four years before the golden era of three Stanley Cups..

Now I'm in Naples, FL and 1-1/2 hour drive east down Alligator Alley to the BB&T Ctr. It's about 2-1/2 hour drive to the Amalie Arena in Tampa for Lightning games so the Panthers are geographically better for me. Besides, as I mentioned earlier, that's my TV market.

I watched the second half of the FL game last night after giving up on the Hawks. Good ending for FL although they allowed Dal a point. Although I still, and always will bleed Hawk red and black, at least I have a couple of options down here.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Kane waives and the Hawks retain 2-3M,the return should be stellar. Kane is till one of the game's best(tied for 5th in scoring in a down year) and would be a REMARKABLE value for 7M. This move could also guarantee one of the worst records in the league but the team probably needs that record even if the FO doesn't realize it.
I agree on this.
Keith is now at the point where there's only two left on his deal and might fetch a little something if salary's retained too.
With this we have to be careful because of recapture.
The Hawks retained half of Janmark's 2.5M for the rest of this year only and got a 2nd and a 3rd from Vegas for God's sake! Hawks added a 5th......I'm gonna need a 5th after this year.....LOL!
What kind of a 5th...are we talking Top-shelf or Mad Dog 20/20? :D
If JT returns healthy and capable,keep him,he also only has two left and somebody has to teach Dach how to play fuckin' center!
JT is in the same boat as Keith/Kane in my book, which is if they want out, the team should accommodate them. If they want to stay, let them stay. They have enough left that they're not worthless, and with the right retention they could fetch the team future prospects. As a fan, as thankful as I am for all they've given, if they want out I wish them well.

On one hand yes, it would be nice if JT could mentor some of our younger centermen. On the other hand, do you really think Bowman the Beancounter and his lackeys would deploy him (and the kids like Dach) as such? Chances are if he's back next season, they ride him as hard as they rode Kane this season, and by the end of it he's sucking win and disappearing on us.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I lived out by you, in Wayne. There was (or still is) no real good way to get to the UC from that neck of the woods. Being a STH, it was a pain to make that drive but the real pisser was that I gave up the tickets and moved down here four years before the golden era of three Stanley Cups..

Now I'm in Naples, FL and 1-1/2 hour drive east down Alligator Alley to the BB&T Ctr. It's about 2-1/2 hour drive to the Amalie Arena in Tampa for Lightning games so the Panthers are geographically better for me. Besides, as I mentioned earlier, that's my TV market.

I watched the second half of the FL game last night after giving up on the Hawks. Good ending for FL although they allowed Dal a point. Although I still, and always will bleed Hawk red and black, at least I have a couple of options down here.
I Get down to 88 as quickly as I can (15-20mins)and then I just 'bump-draft' my way to the UC!LOL!