3 in Raleigh

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Up next is a three game set in Raleigh with the red hot Canes who are making a push for both the division and the President’s trophy. The next Preds win or Hawks loss officially eliminates them, at which point one would have to guess Colin Delia gets another couple of games and some vets get some off games, in which case these games could be UGLY. However, with fans actually back in the building next week to close it out against Dallas and the opportunity to either screw them or Nashville out of a playoff spot one way or another will likely get full attention. Go Hawks!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At this point you just hope that you can play some sort of spoiler role.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sadly, win or lose doesn't really matter at this point -- the schedule is just way too daunting and this team is what it is. I'm just hoping to see a strong string of games by the young guys, particularly Dach, Gaudette, Lankinen, and Kalynuk. If you can't close out the season on a high note team-wise, at least close out the season on an individual note in your development.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sadly, win or lose doesn't really matter at this point -- the schedule is just way too daunting and this team is what it is. I'm just hoping to see a strong string of games by the young guys, particularly Dach, Gaudette, Lankinen, and Kalynuk. If you can't close out the season on a high note team-wise, at least close out the season on an individual note in your development.

Yep. That's about the best we can hope for. Gonna be a very different team next year either way.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Not sure it will be that different.
I agree, it will be much of the same, except for Toews if he comes back. It’s Bowman we are talking about, he will be dumpster diving and looking for that rare gem again.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still say give the older guys who provided a lot of the life this team had....the rest of the season off. They earned the time off.....Keith and Kaner. Plus the other crap that hopefully will be gone because they suck....nobody needs to see anymore of their inept play. Might as well lose out....get as high a pick as possible. And I don't want to hear the Bowman shit....we just watched a GM who everyone in the world thought was a complete moron have the best draft in the NFL. If a bonehead like Pace can do it...Bowman can as well.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Keep losing for draft position. Sit Kane to keep him healthy for the upcoming trade to Buffalo for Dahlin.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Losing at this point isn't an option.....it's a guarantee!
The early enthusiasm was ground to bits as soon as we stopped playing the Wings and BJ's every night and being a sub .500 team with the GREAT Patrick Kane,the outstanding D-Cat and the reliable goal scoring Kubalik is still a massive fail......rebuild letter or no rebuild letter.
Maybe playing Kane with two different,ineffecive rooks every night will get him to waive but if anybody thinks he'd go to a team with a worse record that the one he'd be leaving better flush out their headgear!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kaner will not sit he is a stat guy and wants to add to point total. Think they will give #2 the option im sure he will refuse.

Right, and neither will Keith.

This isn't directed at you (but rather, at those suggesting they sit everyone) -- it doesn't really work that way (at least in the NHL), unless of course 1) you actually made the playoffs or 2) said player (Kane, Keith) is at least somewhat injured, even a minor injury. If those two things aren't happening, the coach isn't just going to sit these guys for essentially shits and giggles in the hopes to lose out. That's asinine and sends quite the shitty message to your team.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, and neither will Keith.

This isn't directed at you (but rather, at those suggesting they sit everyone) -- it doesn't really work that way (at least in the NHL), unless of course 1) you actually made the playoffs or 2) said player (Kane, Keith) is at least somewhat injured, even a minor injury. If those two things aren't happening, the coach isn't just going to sit these guys for essentially shits and giggles in the hopes to lose out. That's asinine and sends quite the shitty message to your team.
Maybe just stop double shifting Kaner.......putting him out there with a guy like Kampf is as useless as tits on a bull anyway!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I still say give the older guys who provided a lot of the life this team had....the rest of the season off. They earned the time off.....Keith and Kaner. Plus the other crap that hopefully will be gone because they suck....nobody needs to see anymore of their inept play. Might as well lose out....get as high a pick as possible. And I don't want to hear the Bowman shit....we just watched a GM who everyone in the world thought was a complete moron have the best draft in the NFL. If a bonehead like Pace can do it...Bowman can as well.
Actually I have more faith in Pace, that is not saying much. But we can’t compare a GM who was extremely desperate to the point his job was on the line to a GM who has a penthouse suite next to the owner, that is how cushy Stan has it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe just stop double shifting Kaner.......putting him out there with a guy like Kampf is as useless as tits on a bull anyway!
Yep. He should be giving the kids more chances in tougher situations now that it doesn't matter, without really taking away proper minutes from Keith and Kane.

Give a little more time balance, let the kids have a chance to make mistakes and correct them on the ice.

...and I won't ride Kampf too hard. He's the only center we got above 50% on the season. :p

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Kampf is at a career high in MPG.

If he could bring anything other then faceoff wins I wouldn't have a problem with him as a fourth line guy, but rewarding him with Kane isn't a good look and if playing with Kane doesn't get you token points you are a lost cause.

Zeus looked adequate when he was playing with Kane and he was washed up, da fuck it wrong with Kampf?

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Kampf is at a career high in MPG.

If he could bring anything other then faceoff wins I wouldn't have a problem with him as a fourth line guy, but rewarding him with Kane isn't a good look and if playing with Kane doesn't get you token points you are a lost cause.

Zeus looked adequate when he was playing with Kane and he was washed up, da fuck it wrong with Kampf?
4 goals in the last 30 games for Kane is crazy. It seems like he barely even gets shot attemps or high scoring chances recently (but i haven't been watching as close)

I think it's a combination of bad lines and I wouldn't be supprised if his motivation and effort has gone down with how the season has went. He's for sure getting enough overall ice time and PP time to put a few more in the net!
EDIT - 8.5% shooting ... Yikes!

Meanwhile Dabrincat playing the best hockey of his career