3 things i liked and didn't like v Seahawks

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Discipline....the Bears continue to limit penalties, they are not jumpy off the line....marked difference from the last administration

2. Special Teams play...Consistently making plays and solid coverage

3. Running the football. They did it. And they did some PA passes.

Didn't Like

1. Pass protection 1st team. Inconsistent, especially at the tackle position..not picking up blitz

2. They let a few big plays happen and someone missed their coverage.

3. Ryan Poles balancing his sauce cup on the far end of the stand. No awareness on his part.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Things I liked:

Not committing penalties…. It shows that they’re emphasizing it in practice.

The play action fake, roll left completion to Kmet. Nice play design for an easy, chunk gain. You see Kittle running concepts like this frequently.

Fields maintaining his composure even though the line was a bit leaky early. I’ll be honest, I think a bit of that had to do with some early blitzes the Seahawks ran on which the Bears had no film to analyze.

RB depth, they have it.

Robinson’s potential and obvious athleticism…

The special teams play looks outstanding outside of Newsome getting bumped and Coulter not fielding the on-side kick. The return game looks like a weapon. Both Santos and Gill can kickoff. That helps save Cairo’s leg. Field goal and punt teams are executing. Hicks’ TD off the muff is the type of play that flips games.

The Bear backups definitely ran the ball well.

Backup QB is solid…

Kyler Gordon was being utilized almost like Derwin James. Covering inside and out… Playing in the box and blitzing too… The Bears might have a chess piece or maybe two considering Brisker can be moved around too.

The WR receiver blocking on runs is noticeable.

The overall team hustle and toughness… It shows.

Again, the lack of penalties through two games… Huge! Charles Cross committed more penalties than the whole Bear team.

Things I didn’t like:

Not punching the ball in on the ground starting with 2nd and goal from the 1… Take the layups!

Evans making a first down then cutting back behind the marker and losing it.

The two late miscues on special teams…

Not challenging the Coulter “completion”… It was a catch and a first down. The mechanics on that need to be reviewed by the staff.

Center depth…

Pete Carroll calling three timeouts late in a pre-season game that he had ZERO chance to win. Get a clue Pete!

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Things I liked:
This team seems very disciplined. Good or bad record wise, this is foundational to getting back to being a respectable team.
If Fields can get some time this offense could be good, with another skill player or two could be flirting with really good.
ST - as much as I shit on VJJ, well it looks like we have a few options at KR/PR.
Meathead Matt is getting these guys buy in for sure., definitely showing up in tackling and being physical
We have the best 3rd string (defense) in the NFL

Things I did not like:
Our offensive line, specifically the C is a train wreck. I have no idea what Poles sees in him by tendering him, he is absolutely holding this team back. He is terrible.
Borom looked slow., and Jenkins got owned a few times.
Dazz Newsome sucks. He can't catch consistently. We already have a PR, practice squad sure.
Trevis Gipson once again did nothing. Is Detroit on the preseason schedule ?
The DL was pretty invisible and gashed too much for my liking. Probably going to be a theme this year, get used to it.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For me, the biggest take away was the sheer amount of plays designed to move the pocket. I counted like 10 pa rollouts. Idk if the Bears had 10 designed rollouts all year last year.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Things I liked:
This team seems very disciplined. Good or bad record wise, this is foundational to getting back to being a respectable team.
If Fields can get some time this offense could be good, with another skill player or two could be flirting with really good.
ST - as much as I shit on VJJ, well it looks like we have a few options at KR/PR.
Meathead Matt is getting these guys buy in for sure., definitely showing up in tackling and being physical
We have the best 3rd string (defense) in the NFL

Things I did not like:
Our offensive line, specifically the C is a train wreck. I have no idea what Poles sees in him by tendering him, he is absolutely holding this team back. He is terrible.
Borom looked slow., and Jenkins got owned a few times.
Dazz Newsome sucks. He can't catch consistently. We already have a PR, practice squad sure.
Trevis Gipson once again did nothing. Is Detroit on the preseason schedule ?
The DL was pretty invisible and gashed too much for my liking. Probably going to be a theme this year, get used to it.
If I'm the bears I'd be looking at Malcolm brown and nkemdiche who were recently released for DL

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
My take through 2 preseason games: The Bears look like an adult team. Play calling, hustle on D, special teams play. The team just looks better coached.

Now, they are not perfect and have issues, but the look and feel is noticeably different.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I’m optimistic, like any long time Bear fan.

Fields has a bit of the “it” factor when it comes to improvising, which is going to improve as he gets more comfortable with his receivers and o line.

o lines take time to gel. By mid season there will be improvement.

defense is flying around having fun like the Lovie days…

Canth

Liked Posts:
Fuck Carroll for wasting time with the TOs at end of game. It’s preseason Pete, get the film and get out - it’s a glorified practice scrimmage.

I could be wrong, but after the Bears did that first kneel down and Carroll called the time-out, they had the camera on Eberflus. I thought Eberflus also looked a bit annoyed, had the same "really?" expression that I'm sure we all had.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Really concerned about the OL, I hate to see Fields with a second consecutive season of heavy pressure.
Adding Reiff should get them some flexibility. OL has to stay healthy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Things I liked:

Not committing penalties…. It shows that they’re emphasizing it in practice.

The play action fake, roll left completion to Kmet. Nice play design for an easy, chunk gain. You see Kittle running concepts like this frequently.

Fields maintaining his composure even though the line was a bit leaky early. I’ll be honest, I think a bit of that had to do with some early blitzes the Seahawks ran on which the Bears had no film to analyze.

RB depth, they have it.

Robinson’s potential and obvious athleticism…

The special teams play looks outstanding outside of Newsome getting bumped and Coulter not fielding the on-side kick. The return game looks like a weapon. Both Santos and Gill can kickoff. That helps save Cairo’s leg. Field goal and punt teams are executing. Hicks’ TD off the muff is the type of play that flips games.

The Bear backups definitely ran the ball well.

Backup QB is solid…

Kyler Gordon was being utilized almost like Derwin James. Covering inside and out… Playing in the box and blitzing too… The Bears might have a chess piece or maybe two considering Brisker can be moved around too.

The WR receiver blocking on runs is noticeable.

The overall team hustle and toughness… It shows.

Again, the lack of penalties through two games… Huge! Charles Cross committed more penalties than the whole Bear team.

Things I didn’t like:

Not punching the ball in on the ground starting with 2nd and goal from the 1… Take the layups!

Evans making a first down then cutting back behind the marker and losing it.

The two late miscues on special teams…

Not challenging the Coulter “completion”… It was a catch and a first down. The mechanics on that need to be reviewed by the staff.

Center depth…

Pete Carroll calling three timeouts late in a pre-season game that he had ZERO chance to win. Get a clue Pete!
Agreed except center depth is fine now that Eiselen has shown he belongs. Extended reps and he actually got better as the game went on. I was happy to see him seem confident on line calls. That part was unexpected but then again, I'm sure the Ds he saw were pretty vanilla.

I don't think the OL had a bad game but unfortunately, against the 1st team D, allowed some early pressure on the right side. Jenkins missed at the line but caught up and blocked out from a sack. That still forced Fields to scramble and Borom could also have also done better. They settled down and reps will help. Considering how many reps Jenkins has had this pre, I have no issue with him playing RG after that game. Clearly did better than Scofield or Mustipher and it should get even better. Speaking of Mustipher, his center reps were OK yesterday but he was replaced very early by Eiselen.

1660916843348.png

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really concerned about the OL, I hate to see Fields with a second consecutive season of heavy pressure.
Adding Reiff should get them some flexibility. OL has to stay healthy.
Fields needs a little time to throw. He has not gotten that consistently in preseason. RBs missed some blitz pickup and tackles got beat a few times.

The one play where Fields throw an out pass to the running back was a bad sign for me. The defense faked a blitz and He had some time to step up in the pocket. He choose to get rid of the ball right away. I don't necessarily blame Fields for that considering how bad the oline had been at picking up the blitz.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields needs a little time to throw. He has not gotten that consistently in preseason. RBs missed some blitz pickup and tackles got beat a few times.

The one play where Fields throw an out pass to the running back was a bad sign for me. The defense faked a blitz and He had some time to step up in the pocket. He choose to get rid of the ball right away. I don't necessarily blame Fields for that considering how bad the oline had been at picking up the blitz.
I haven't like the timing on the outs plus he seems to have a long wind up and telegraphs too much on those. Probably fix itself with reps etc. Like his progressions. Rush awareness was better this game but still needs to improve.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't like the timing on the outs plus he seems to have a long wind up and telegraphs too much on those. Probably fix itself with reps etc. Like his progressions. Rush awareness was better this game but still needs to improve.
There are things he needs to work on. I am confident he will as the season goes on. There certainly were some pluses from yesterday on his progression.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are things he needs to work on. I am confident he will as the season goes on. There certainly were some pluses from yesterday on his progression.
Completely agree. I'm plenty satisfied with the direction this is going.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Things I like.... My upcoming trip to Vegas.

Things I don't like... The Bears being ranked at the bottom for almost every position group and being a bottom 5 team.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Watch next games Bears get penalized a lot. Funny how these narratives go on CCS. I'd rather see the o-line play a lot better, even if they have to cheat in order to do it.
This literally makes no sense and is self contradictorraly problematic because yoi are saying that you want the OL to play better by cheating but cheating would result in more penalties and acturally be considered playing worse not better and when you start off your post laughing about an narrative about penalties well that's stupid because the lack of penalties and amount of penalties is literally a statistic not a narrative at all but if you're laughing about it as a narrative you're then going on to asking for MORE penalties for the OL so by the end of your post you sound like a total udder ignoramus whomst is ignoring data and promoting poor play and discipline by wishing for players to cheat. Makes zero sense.