3 with Preds

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hino had a dangerous element of surprise the first time we ever saw him out of Notre Dame. I don't know how to describe that trait...he can flow to the unexpected move within the game and create chances.

Q never gave him enough top 6 burn despite chances created because they didn't produce actual goals in his 2 games of chances...to the surprise of nobody he never got a look again.
Q gave VH 106 starts when he was here......he had 25pts in 50gms the year before SB traded him. Q also wanted and intended to play him when he was acquired but Fla has better,Q asked Zitto to trade the player to a team that would find a spot for him and here we are.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice comeback, but only getting the point vs. NAS tempered my enthusiasm.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I like Suter with Kubi. He's always looking for the guy with the best shot on the team.

And what can you say about Hagel? The guy is a gem.

And who ever put Hino's game where it is right now needs a medal. He's playing the best hockey of his career and has been a monster on the forecheck. I really wonder if a Hagel/Dach/Hino line would work with two of the fastest guys on the team, all three forecheck, and two are decent along the boards.

And fuck Murphy. Three goals were on him and Subban played a hell of a game today and didn't deserve it.

Yup, Murph was brutal!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Gotta figure Sub gets the net friday

He definitely should, but who knows.

This was a great comeback -- extremely rare this year; too lazy to look it up, but how many comebacks have the Hawks had this year when they're down more than 2 goals? I can't remember any when they're down by three -- in the 3rd period -- like they were last night, but I could be mistaken.

But yeah, the win was huge and keeps them alive until at least tomorrow, but it fell flat for me. The fact they couldn't finish the game with a 4 minute PP was unforgivable.

Can someone tell Murphy how to properly fasten his helmet? For fucks sakes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hino and Hagel had monster games. Was also glad to see that the comeback was more of a youth movement than the usual suspects--like the kids were the hungry drivers.

Glad we got the 600lb gorilla off of our backs.

And yes, @Granada , Subban should get the start...but we have no clue what JC is going to do. He should have gotten the 1st game in this 3-fer against Nashville.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q gave VH 106 starts when he was here......he had 25pts in 50gms the year before SB traded him. Q also wanted and intended to play him when he was acquired but Fla has better,Q asked Zitto to trade the player to a team that would find a spot for him and here we are.

I mentioned the top 6, where he is having success now, and he was only given a couple games before being sent down to the third and fourth lines of teams with poor depth, guys who couldn't utilize his skill game and great passes as much.

I thought the few times Q played him in the top 6 he created a bunch of scoring chances. But Q never counted chaos created around the net, he seemed to only count the red light and if you didn't make it go off, that was it. That was your chance to play with Kane or Toews, never again.

I'm sure my advocating for Hino many years ago is recorded here somewhere.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Nice comeback, but only getting the point vs. NAS tempered my enthusiasm.

Have to take 2 of 3 no ifs ands or buttholes.

Hawks have 9 games left to the season. Potentially 18 points there, lot of points left. It's a 3 team race to the finish.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have to take 2 of 3 no ifs ands or buttholes.

Hawks have 9 games left to the season. Potentially 18 points there, lot of points left. It's a 3 team race to the finish.
Gotta win this one outright to tie the series, imo.

A break even isn't what they needed, but it means its not over.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think giving up 4 goals earns you a guarantee.

Suppan was his usual good and bad, fortunate and unfortunate.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Certainly an exciting end, definitely a momentum builder for the kids. Giving trashville that point did t help our cause but, never say never.
Subban played very well, it was nice to see and I hope he gets the start Friday as he deserves it.
It’s early but the Hawks really need to find a capable dependable defencemen for next season. Murphy is not the guy, Keith is no longer the guy and the kids are not ready. Stan has to find a way to fix the major problem that has been ailing this team for 4 years now. Maybe Seth Jones is an option, but either way that should be top priority this summer.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Wings helping the Hawks out, up 6-3 vs Stars

Next game is HUGE

greg23

Liked Posts:
Winning outright wed was what we needed....but

Considering down 3 with 10 mins left and to walk out with an OT win, the hawks stole 3 points vs Nashville (0-2 vs 2-1) and 2 points vs dallas (0 vs 2)

Dallas losing tonight vs det helps as well

At a minimum we need any kind of win tomm and in regulation is ideal.

Looks like we'll need to beat each outright as the tiebreakers don't seem favorable to the hawks.

3 straight vs Carolina is gonna be brutal but need to put ourselves in position to make those games matter.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been busy of late, but should be able to watch the whole game tonight.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
We all applaud the Hawks for there come from behind victory last game, but tonight has to be a W with Trashville getting zero points.

Go Hawks Go!!!

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Truly bummed. The Hawks have played like "warrior poets" and it hasn't worked out.

That said, I had an epiphany moment as I did in 2008, and answered the call for a pop up ad on my phone during the game... $200 down payment on a 5-6 game plan for next year...the last time I had that epiphany, I bought tickets for 2009-2017, and that was a pretty good run....

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Well that about does it. In the last 1:30 you saw the difference between 2 and 27. Lots to be figured out before start of next year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They gave it a shot but it's pretty obvious that they are not there yet. The Hawks have 8 games left and most are against playoff teams. Good time to bring up a few more kids and let them get their feet wet. I'd sit Kane, Keith, Murphy, De Hann, Carpenter and Zadorov for the rest of the season. Kane, Keith and Murphy not because of bad play but because of age and the fact they have logged long, long minutes....they've earned the break. The other guys because they are probably not in the team's long range plans, so why take minutes from young players who might be in their plans. Seeing what they have or don't have coming is the only thing of interest to me at this point.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Wonderful year! Glad I bought the Dish Center Ice package about 5 games in. I admit to jumping on the dump Stan and Jeremy wagon before the season started. (U still feel that way?). Looking forward to what moves our experts on this forum say we need to do to lock in a playoff spot for next year. Go Hawks!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonderful year! Glad I bought the Dish Center Ice package about 5 games in. I admit to jumping on the dump Stan and Jeremy wagon before the season started. (U still feel that way?). Looking forward to what moves our experts on this forum say we need to do to lock in a playoff spot for next year. Go Hawks!

It will be a rebuild year. I don't expect playoffs at all.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The defence has to be the number 1 priority come summer, if Stan does not fix what has been the ailing problem for years, this will be a very frustrating rebuild.