$30M for Foles Graham Quinn

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's an old team. That'll happen.

IMO the best bet would be - Bears need to catch up on some bad contracts and deferred money. Draft well and acquire picks, then compete in year 3-4 of Fields.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am hoping Quinn has a bounce back year, otherwise could go down as one of the worst FA signings since Jared Allen.
Or Lamaar Houston. This team has overspent for some real shit edge rushers the past 10 years. But i'm hoping for that too. If he and Mack can bounce back, i'd be less worried about the defensive backfield.

Also, theyre paying Dalton 10M and theres a possibility he'll spend most of the season as a backup.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Graham was the Red Zone success they hoped, and it is likely why he is still on the roster.

No cap savings in cutting Foles, and I'm not sure that they had any interest in trades, so yeah we are stuck.

Quinn, is terrible considering his salary is just devastating this year. All we can hope is that he has a bounce back. But I agree with most, just suck it up this year, hope for the best and don't compound the mistake by kicking the can down the road.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Lamaar Houston. This team has overspent for some real shit edge rushers the past 10 years. But i'm hoping for that too. If he and Mack can bounce back, i'd be less worried about the defensive backfield.

Also, theyre paying Dalton 10M and theres a possibility he'll spend most of the season as a backup.
Fucking Houston. Poster boy for Mac tools.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve said this before and get a lot of people disagreeing, but I stand by my statement that if Quinn doesn’t significantly improve this season, he is the worst FA signing in bears history based upon guaranteed $ and production.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
There's hope for Quinn. He probably still won't be worth what he's being paid but he can be jettisoned next offseason without too much damage to the cap. Foles was sorta necessary to push Trubisky and Graham was pretty good for us where we needed it: in the red zone. If he's still on the roster when the season starts he should only be used in the red zone.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
what a waste of money imagine what we could do with $30M for players that will actually have an impact.

Yup. Thankfully, Quinn and Graham can be dropped next year. Foles is a really good back up for the long term.

I would also add Trevathan in there as well. Although, he has done a lot for the Bears over the years and so is deserving of some back pay.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Graham hasn't been that bad of a signing and if Quinn gets healthy and used correctly, its not that bad IF he has a 10sack season. But Foles was just an awful trade
Would be nice to see our 2nd year guy Trevis Gipson stay healthy and show us something this year. He was hurt most of last year but i remember him starting to show a little something in the final few games, not much but enough for me to notice him out there. Round 5 pick but that's where Pace has been really good so lets hope he hit with Gipson, and then although i really wanted us to bring B.Mingo back i'm good with the J.Attaochu signing and like the Snowden kid we picked up in UDFA.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Foles may become tradable in the pre-season when someone inevitably gets injured.
Graham, if he's still around - because he's an easy cap casualty - should basically be red zone only. He's awful on the rest of the field.
Quinn, hopefully it was the foot. Hopefully it gets better. Last season was horrible.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup. Thankfully, Quinn and Graham can be dropped next year. Foles is a really good back up for the long term.

I would also add Trevathan in there as well. Although, he has done a lot for the Bears over the years and so is deserving of some back pay.
I’d rather get rid of Foles and re-sign Dalton next year. But that’s just my opinion.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There's hope for Quinn. He probably still won't be worth what he's being paid but he can be jettisoned next offseason without too much damage to the cap. Foles was sorta necessary to push Trubisky and Graham was pretty good for us where we needed it: in the red zone. If he's still on the roster when the season starts he should only be used in the red zone.
It was aggravating when Nagy would have him in the game between the 20s and have him on the sidelines in the RedZone. It was literally the worse management of personnel groupings I have ever seen in a season.

Monty on the sideline in short yardage/goal line and Kmet not getting enough reps between the 20's.

I hope to God Nagy comes to the realization that just because a certain play was designed for a personnel package, does not mean that the situation could not call for different players.

This alone is in my opinion the biggest failing when it comes to Nagy's coaching, he failed to tie the situation/defensive weakness to the best players....

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Graham hasn't been that bad of a signing and if Quinn gets healthy and used correctly, its not that bad IF he has a 10sack season. But Foles was just an awful trade
Graham was an atrocious signing the day we signed him and everyone knew it lol. 50 catches 8 tds woohoo whatever lol he is like worst blocking TE in football and has half the athleticism he used to. can get a legit top 10 TE in league for what we paid him. Quinn was just bad injury luck but still looking like a massive overpay for a guy who had 1 good year in DAL but prior to that had not been an elite pass rusher since 2014! lmao i mean seriously. and yeah Foles we all knew was terrible value. i didn't mind getting him but not for that price. just massive overpays repeatedly. hope lessons were learned.