35 YDS Rushing SMH

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Early in the year it seemed as if the oline was going to be better this year but, after playing some better teams. It looks as if the oline is no better than last year. I know that everyone wants to blame Nagy for not running the ball (and I do believe he has a tendency to abandon then run) but, can you blame him? Montgomery carried the ball 10 times, gained 29 yds & avg 2.9 yds a carry (with his own linemen on the ground in the way) . Jones for TB had only 7 mores carries & rushed for 106 yds & avg 6.2 yds a carry (against a better defense). I don’t care who is the play caller, if this oline doesn’t run block better. No play caller will be successful calling plays. And it may get worse with James Daniels out. This lays squarely at the feet of Ryan Pace. He has failed to put a decent offensive line together again (along with QB selection failures).

msadows

Liked Posts:
We played arguably the two best run D's in the league the last two weeks.

Calm the fuck down.

Our run game isn't good, but it isn't as bad as it looked the last two weeks.

Both those front's are legit, and the bucs might have the best one in the league with suh and vita.

One again, Calm the fuck down.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Calm the fuck down.

Both those front's are legit, and the bucs might have the best one in the league with suh and vita.

The problem is once you make it into the playoffs you're going to run into teams that traditionally have good defenses. Becoming one dimensional in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. Teams that run the ball well, do well and the teams that can run well against stout defenses generally go far. 68 going down doesn't help at all.

It's a problem until it's not.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem is once you make it into the playoffs you're going to run into teams that traditionally have good defenses. Becoming one dimensional in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. Teams that run the ball well, do well and the teams that can run well against stout defenses generally go far. 68 going down doesn't help at all.

It's a problem until it's not.

I agree.

This team is nothing special at the moment. Their run game leaves a lot to be desired.

Its also only week 5. There is a lot left in the season, and a lot that could happen. All I know is we won't face a run D like we did this week every week going forward.

Either way, this doesn't look like a team that can challenge for a ship anyways, but like i said....week 5, plenty of surprises to be had. It's 2020, and this whole god damn year has been a clusterfuck.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how to feel about this just yet, but see both sides here.

Games 1-3 OL did look much better & actually serviceable, but vs. crappy teams. (Leno's tape still showed same old probs)

Games 4&5 it looked fearfully the same as all of 2019. Few wins at LOS, hardly ever all front 5 on same play. DMont & Foles getting messed with consistently.

Hard to chalk it up to tough opponents. Playoff games and Superbowls aren't won with shit run output like this. Although, Bears DEF at it's best has held many decent opponents to total shit run totals. ?‍♂️

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Calm the fuck down.

Lol whatever

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

Calm the fuck down.

thank you! It’s tough when there are just so many guys on here straight up bitching with what seems like very little football knowledge and a lot bitch without even putting in an effort To actually watch the game again and concentrate on each play and what every body is doing.

even then, we really don’t know what the responsibilities were, who made line calls, was there an audible, from what play, was it the better option, defense could also audible out of defenses, were there players on certain packages out because of injury on certain play or were they fatigued, no penalty called, was a penalty called? There are so many unknown variables to pros whatching the game live and they have really no clue, what makes us mere mortals watching at live speed think we really know what’s going on?

it’s very easy to be Monday morning quarterbacks!

everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that’s ok, but constantly complaining to just bitch when we won a game and are 4-1 is a bit nitpicky and we are supposed to be bears fans.

I understand that with a bounce here or there we could be 0-5 and we could also be 5-0 but we are 4-1 and we have had very good quarterback play the past two and half games, look at who we have played! Two really good defenses and one team with Tom Brady the goat and the other with Phillip rivers - hall of famer-amd an awesome offensive line!

mom fucking super happy with their play as a whole and we are 4-1!

I believe we have found a Qb barring injury who played very clutch and it’s only his second game with a shitty offensive line, interceptions that really weren’t his fault at all and missed td receptions that were very well thrown. Making a lot ofcorrect reads and throws! Has missed on his deep throws but he’s actually thrown deep and that shows alone and he wasn’t too far off on most of them!

I think he can be the guy for a few years where we won’t have to do anything stupid reaching for a qb. Let him play a year or two and let’s see what he can do and ride it out until we draft one or he surpasses even this level!

We need much better offensive line play and if we get it somehow or someway we and a run stuffing d lineman and better play from Quinn when he settles in!

I really like what I’ve seen from Foles and let’s be honest, he’s beaten the GOat twice and played better in both and they were prime time and a Super Bowl!

he’s earned this and let’s see where it goes! Chicago fans are tough to please!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don't care. Big Dick Nick. Bears W. Bearrsssssss

But yes, this is concerning.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness, I completely agree with you. I can't really blame Nagy for abandoning the run when it's almost always going to end up in 2nd and 9s and 3rd and 7s. The offensive line just absolutely sucks at asserting themselves, truthfully in either rushing or passing situations. It feels like they don't want to get physical. Usually, your big uglys want to go hit a guy.

Watch how the pocket just almost always immediately collapses after the snap on pass protection.

Trubisky covered for it with his fleet-of-foot, and Foles is now covering for it with his quick decisions.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
thank you! It’s tough when there are just so many guys on here straight up bitching with what seems like very little football knowledge and a lot bitch without even putting in an effort To actually watch the game again and concentrate on each play and what every body is doing.

even then, we really don’t know what the responsibilities were, who made line calls, was there an audible, from what play, was it the better option, defense could also audible out of defenses, were there players on certain packages out because of injury on certain play or were they fatigued, no penalty called, was a penalty called? There are so many unknown variables to pros whatching the game live and they have really no clue, what makes us mere mortals watching at live speed think we really know what’s going on?

it’s very easy to be Monday morning quarterbacks!

everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that’s ok, but constantly complaining to just bitch when we won a game and are 4-1 is a bit nitpicky and we are supposed to be bears fans.

I understand that with a bounce here or there we could be 0-5 and we could also be 5-0 but we are 4-1 and we have had very good quarterback play the past two and half games, look at who we have played! Two really good defenses and one team with Tom Brady the goat and the other with Phillip rivers - hall of famer-amd an awesome offensive line!

mom fucking super happy with their play as a whole and we are 4-1!

I believe we have found a Qb barring injury who played very clutch and it’s only his second game with a shitty offensive line, interceptions that really weren’t his fault at all and missed td receptions that were very well thrown. Making a lot ofcorrect reads and throws! Has missed on his deep throws but he’s actually thrown deep and that shows alone and he wasn’t too far off on most of them!

I think he can be the guy for a few years where we won’t have to do anything stupid reaching for a qb. Let him play a year or two and let’s see what he can do and ride it out until we draft one or he surpasses even this level!

We need much better offensive line play and if we get it somehow or someway we and a run stuffing d lineman and better play from Quinn when he settles in!

I really like what I’ve seen from Foles and let’s be honest, he’s beaten the GOat twice and played better in both and they were prime time and a Super Bowl!

he’s earned this and let’s see where it goes! Chicago fans are tough to please!

What a bunch of thrown together rambling bullshit!

I’m talking about the oline & the running game period!

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Tampa is the biggest pass funnel defense in the NFL. Trying to run against them is stupid, especially when we aren't particularly good at it.

That's a trademark of all Todd Bowles teams. They use 2 big 2 gap nose tackles in Suh and Vea and they have 2 excellent LB's in David and Smith that play the run well. They get into run gaps and make you beat them through the air.

They held a good Chargers run game to 28 yards. Melvin Gordon to 24 yards. Kamara to 16 yards. Last year CMC had 31 yards and 37 yards against them and he was the best RB in the NFL.

But we are suppose to pound Montgomery at them?

Tampa plays aggressive at the line. They split, slant and block lanes. LB's are aggressive in gaps. That leaves empty space for receivers between the hash marks, which is why we completed a lot of slants and posts between the seams. We ran quite a few quick passes to the outside. Some worked some didn't but thats essentially a run play. And we killed them on wheel routes.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Tampa is the biggest pass funnel defense in the NFL. Trying to run against them is stupid, especially when we aren't particularly good at it.

That's a trademark of all Todd Bowles teams. They use 2 big 2 gap nose tackles in Suh and Vea and they have 2 excellent LB's in David and Smith that play the run well. They get into run gaps and make you beat them through the air.

They held a good Chargers run game to 28 yards. Melvin Gordon to 24 yards. Kamara to 16 yards. Last year CMC had 31 yards and 37 yards against them and he was the best RB in the NFL.

But we are suppose to pound Montgomery at them?

Tampa plays aggressive at the line. They split, slant and block lanes. LB's are aggressive in gaps. That leaves empty space for receivers between the hash marks, which is why we completed a lot of slants and posts between the seams. We ran quite a few quick passes to the outside. Some worked some didn't but thats essentially a run play. And we killed them on wheel routes.

Very good post! Bearclaw55 wants to rescind our win bc the oline didn’t play to his standards and we only ran for 35 yards so we obviously shouldn’t have won the game.

Nagy made the right decision to not force the run this game, as evidenced by the big W next to the bears win column.

I guess you can’t please everyone.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Early in the year it seemed as if the oline was going to be better this year but, after playing some better teams. It looks as if the oline is no better than last year. I know that everyone wants to blame Nagy for not running the ball (and I do believe he has a tendency to abandon then run) but, can you blame him? Montgomery carried the ball 10 times, gained 29 yds & avg 2.9 yds a carry (with his own linemen on the ground in the way) . Jones for TB had only 7 mores carries & rushed for 106 yds & avg 6.2 yds a carry (against a better defense). I don’t care who is the play caller, if this oline doesn’t run block better. No play caller will be successful calling plays. And it may get worse with James Daniels out. This lays squarely at the feet of Ryan Pace. He has failed to put a decent offensive line together again (along with QB selection failures).

Oh now I understand, you’re the op, I never mentioned you or quoted you when I wrote my post.

I didnt wrote anything that had to do with you at all, it was just in general. Now I understand the second line.

I do disagree with One point now that I’ve reread it though. The bears defense may be better as a whole or not than Tampa but Tampa is a much superior defense against the run.

What’s strange is that Tampa averaged 6.1 yards per carry and we stunk trying to run the ball or stop the run and yet the Bears won. It kinda puts your theory to bed about running the ball doesn’t it?

thanks for making the point for me!

jk, I understand what you’re saying but you have to admit your example was a bit foolish.

I also never said the Oline was any good only that the past two defenses are Very stout so hopefully the bears can be somewhere in the middle of the first couple games and last two.

My post says how the bears have won despite the oline play. It’s better than last year but still nowhere near what it should be! I concur! Oline is crucial to having a good offense

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very good post! Bearclaw55 wants to rescind our win bc the oline didn’t play to his standards and we only ran for 35 yards so we obviously shouldn’t have won the game.

Nagy made the right decision to not force the run this game, as evidenced by the big W next to the bears win column.

I guess you can’t please everyone.

Huh?... did I say Nagy should have forced the run game? Please reread my post. I stated I see why Nagy didn’t keep running the ball.

please read and understand first.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh now I understand, you’re the op, I never mentioned you or quoted you when I wrote my post.

I didnt wrote anything that had to do with you at all, it was just in general. Now I understand the second line.

I do disagree with One point now that I’ve reread it though. The bears defense may be better as a whole or not than Tampa but Tampa is a much superior defense against the run.

What’s strange is that Tampa averaged 6.1 yards per carry and we stunk trying to run the ball or stop the run and yet the Bears won. It kinda puts your theory to bed about running the ball doesn’t it?

thanks for making the point for me!

jk, I understand what you’re saying but you have to admit your example was a bit foolish.

I also never said the Oline was any good only that the past two defenses are Very stout so hopefully the bears can be somewhere in the middle of the first couple games and last two.

My post says how the bears have won despite the oline play. It’s better than last year but still nowhere near what it should be! I concur! Oline is crucial to having a good offense

Ok, after reading your follow up post. You can ignore my last post.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I did and it was sarcasm as I was wondering why you called me out and it’s bc you thought I was attacking you and I didn’t, I never mentioned you it was about other people.

but your attempt at an example was wrong, A. The bears defense may be better but much worse at run defense. So, no big deal that he ran for 6.1 per clip and 106 total.

we ran for like 35 yards and still won!

so your example backfires! Get it! Lol ha ha

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Unless we have a hidden talent @g on ps this stat line won’t be getting any better any time soon