3rd and 6th for Darnold and keep him

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Da WIndy City had an interesting article (probably as accurate as any other during this guessing game) that the Wilson trade is dead, but Chicago could still be interested in Darnold long term trading a 3rd and 6th. Proposing to let Dalton start while Darnold is groomed into the Chicago offense. Chicago would pick up his 18 Million 5th year option. There is a money risk in this option but less risk in draft picks than some others. I'd rather try Darnold than fight NE for Garoppolo. Not likely a low drafted QB in 21 will be ready to start and win in 2022. There are some that believe Darnold could.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Da WIndy City had an interesting article (probably as accurate as any other during this guessing game) that the Wilson trade is dead, but Chicago could still be interested in Darnold long term trading a 3rd and 6th. Proposing to let Dalton start while Darnold is groomed into the Chicago offense. Chicago would pick up his 18 Million 5th year option. There is a money risk in this option but less risk in draft picks than some others. I'd rather try Darnold than fight NE for Garoppolo. Not likely a low drafted QB in 21 will be ready to start and win in 2022. There are some that believe Darnold could.

Why not just role with Foles under that scenario as opposed to adding Dalton?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darnold cheap is fine. Trade Foles and just offer a 4th for Darnold.

I dont think there is really a bidding war, if you wait they probably end up releasing him after the draft.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
So you have two bums on the bench to bring in another younger bum to take their place next season?

Name one thing that Nagy has done that makes anyone think he can turn Darnold around? Nagy doesn't exactly play to players' strengths.

Also, you want them to pay Dalton and Foles AND Darnold? So nearly $40 million in one position?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Just trying to have a positive discussion. All the negativity gets old when this is supposed to be a bunch of Bears fans. I'd expect Foles to be traded soon. Dalton and Darnold could be ok. Carolina is a threat to trade for Darnold. One nice thing about Darnold he is used to playing in the cold and wind.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
So you have two bums on the bench to bring in another younger bum to take their place next season?

Name one thing that Nagy has done that makes anyone think he can turn Darnold around? Nagy doesn't exactly play to players' strengths.

Also, you want them to pay Dalton and Foles AND Darnold? So nearly $40 million in one position?
DeFilippo will spend most of the time with Darnold.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Are a bunch of you afraid for the Bears succeed? Do you hate Pace and Nagy so much, losing is the best option for you. I want the Bears to win. I'd love it if we got Darnold and he turned into what some scouts thing he could be. He has more talent than any Bears QB in my lifetime. Can this coaching staff get it out of him? I'm not sure, but I'd root for that to happen not against it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy is a cancer to this offense. Any QB he touches will inevitably be worse off.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are a bunch of you afraid for the Bears succeed? Do you hate Pace and Nagy so much, losing is the best option for you. I want the Bears to win. I'd love it if we got Darnold and he turned into what some scouts thing he could be. He has more talent than any Bears QB in my lifetime. Can this coaching staff get it out of him? I'm not sure, but I'd root for that to happen not against it.

Duh. No one wants to see the Bears struggle but what makes you think Nagy is the guy that can save this offense or Darnold?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Duh. No one wants to see the Bears struggle but what makes you think Nagy is the guy that can save this offense or Darnold?
This staff is the only one we have. I'm rooting for the Bears to get a long term answer at QB. Maybe Darnold can be that. No guarantees but we are not trading 3 #1 picks for him either. If it worked it would be one of the better trades for the Bears in a long time.
Do I think Nagy is great. No. Do I think he can be an effective HC. Yes. He needs to leave the offense alone. Let OC/QBC handle the offense. If we end up having to change coaches there will be 2-3 more wasted years. I'm hoping this staff works and Darnold can be a Pro Bowl QB. Normally I'm a very realist person but when it comes to the Cubs and Bears I really try and be an optimist.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Darnold probably costs a second. And he sucks. And he’s only got one year under contract. Hard pass. If your going to trade give me Minshew. He’s at least played at a sort of high level. And has two years of contract at a cheap price

woukd rather just draft the best QB available personally

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Draft your own. There's a reason retreads become available.
Which of the 6-15 QBs in this draft have as much talent as Darnold and experience that won't take 2-3 years to be ready to play. Maybe Mond.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This staff is the only one we have. I'm rooting for the Bears to get a long term answer at QB. Maybe Darnold can be that. No guarantees but we are not trading 3 #1 picks for him either. If it worked it would be one of the better trades for the Bears in a long time.
Do I think Nagy is great. No. Do I think he can be an effective HC. Yes. He needs to leave the offense alone. Let OC/QBC handle the offense. If we end up having to change coaches there will be 2-3 more wasted years. I'm hoping this staff works and Darnold can be a Pro Bowl QB. Normally I'm a very realist person but when it comes to the Cubs and Bears I really try and be an optimist.

You just answered your own question. Nagy will never leave the offense alone. Just stop.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I really like Mills but don't expect him to be able to play for a couple of years if at all.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
You just answered your own question. Nagy will never leave the offense alone. Just stop.
Hopefully he will learn or he can flip burgers. As a HC with solid DC and OC he might have a future in this league but as an offensive mind he is headed to being a High School coach.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Cap hits for 2021 are:
Darnold- 9.8M
Foles- 6.66M
Dalton- 5.33M. That's just over 20Mil

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Ha, good luck with that. This team is on a tank trajectory, intentional or not. But Pace will fuck that up too, with a semi-tank 6-10 9th overall pick in 2022 result.