4 best moves Ryan Pace made this offseason.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace haters not allowed.

Top 5 all time best CCS thread right here boyz.

Ryan Pace deserves a lot of credit for the 5-1 Chicago Bears
After this offseason, Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace faced a lot of scrutiny for the moves he made. His trade for Nick Foles faced a lot of backlash after the signings of Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, and Teddy Bridgewater. Him paying 33-year-old Jimmy Graham faced a lot of criticism as well as Graham was labeled as “washed.” There are plenty of moves, or lack of moves thereof, that Pace was blasted for all over social media.

After the 2019 season, clearly, the Chicago Bears needed to make a change on the offensive side of the ball. The Bears offense was virtually nonexistent ranking bottom five in both total yards and points. This was due to many problems such as quarterback, offensive line, wide receivers, running backs, tight ends, injuries, coaching issues, and more. Pace had only the offseason to basically save his job and the Bears team.

Pace went all in this offseason to save this team. He went big in free agency and took his shots in the draft to help this team win now. He made some questionable choices, but it has paid off thus far as the Bears are now 5-1 with their two recent games being impressive wins.

It still remains to be seen whether or not Pace nailed this offseason as there are still 10 games remaining on the schedule, but up to this point, Pace did a great job and is a huge reason — if not the biggest reason — this team is at the top of the NFC North.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
images

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Saying Pace went 'all in', ignores the fact that the OLine is not up to average and yet few significant additions were made.
Look at the pictures of the Oline being totally out manned.
Yet, we added Quinn to the already robust Defense.
Hardly 'all in' on the oline.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I would have put Ifedi on the list over Graham. I think the jury is still out over Graham...can he do it the whole season as teams game plan for him? I think you are going to see a transition to Kmet.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Saying Pace went 'all in', ignores the fact that the OLine is not up to average and yet few significant additions were made.

I think the answer to that is Pace's best choice was NOT to do anything major to the O-line and divert resources elsewhere. Whether that was a wise choice remains to be seen as we see how the offense looks moving forward.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offensive line is a train wreck.

After the 2019 season, clearly, the Chicago Bears needed to make a change on the offensive side of the ball. The Bears offense was virtually nonexistent ranking bottom five in both total yards and points. This was due to many problems such as quarterback, offensive line, wide receivers, running backs, tight ends, injuries, coaching issues, and more. Pace had only the offseason to basically save his job and the Bears team.

And yet, nothing has changed lol... since he has been hired:

(scoring)
2015 OFF rank 23r
2016 OFF rank 29th
2017 OFF rank 28th
2018 OFF rank 8th
2019 OFF rank 29th
2020 OFF rank TBD but looking like more of 2019

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Limited cap and draft picks. It was impossible to fix everything in one offseason.

Getting someone opposite Mack to actually not waste a monster ya CB player (and contract) was essential. The past 2 games it seems to be coming together in that respect.

This offense goes through the TE, so bringing in a savvy vet to mentor a solid draft pick was smart too. And on the QB...they were wanting to give Mitch one more chance, not outright replace him. And as we’re seeing, the guys we could have replaced him with aren’t really all that great either...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you seen the QB position?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I got the impression that after last season's offensive implosion, Pace isn't going to invest big resources towards Nagy's system unless Nagy shows him something this season.

Continue to invest in defense, patch up the offense, and it has worked pretty well this season despite a ton of skepticism going in.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
To a degree yes. If someone drops and is far and away the best player available, yes you take him. But at some point, you HAVE TO get a LT.

I think ILB is more of a priority...and nose guard. And depending on Trevis Gipson, maybe an edge rusher. Center is a high priority since the Bears' current backup is the NFL equivalent of James Rudiger but on the offensive side of the ball.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think ILB is more of a priority...and nose guard. And depending on Trevis Gipson, maybe an edge rusher. Center is a high priority since the Bears' current backup is the NFL equivalent of James Rudiger but on the offensive side of the ball.
Bears have a very good NT locked up for several more seasons, he is just sitting out for covid. After this fluke season it does not become a need.

Reactions: DC

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got the impression that after last season's offensive implosion, Pace isn't going to invest big resources towards Nagy's system unless Nagy shows him something this season.

Continue to invest in defense, patch up the offense, and it has worked pretty well this season despite a ton of skepticism going in.

The ineptitude of the bears offense goes well beyond last year. His two first round picks he selected (offense) are/were busts. His 2nd round picks (offense) he hit on Whitehair/Daniels and appears to have missed on Shaheen and Miller. His third round (offense) Grasu.. really!? he hit on Monty.. 4th round we hit on Cohen, 5th, 6th and 7th are more of the same. He has drafted defense fairly well, I'll give him that but we haven't drafted a tackle in 5 years! FIVE FUCKING YEARS LOL.. Jesus I don't understand how y'all give this guy a free pass.

I've said it before and I am saying it again. You miss on first round picks it sets franchises back YEARS because they're expected to be impact/day 1 starters.

Last edited:

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham is near career lows in just about every category. He was paid top dollar on the free agent market. He has caught 4 td and that is sufficient to think his signing was something great?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Nick Foles was a fine move and an upgrade over Pace's mega bust in Trubisky.

2. Jimmy Graham kind of sucks. He has caught a bunch of TD passes, but most of them are 2 yards, and the rest of his numbers are just plain bad.

3. Ifedi has been fine, but that was his big move on an OL that STILL SUCKS.

4. His 1 year defensive moves have been nice with Gipson, Urban, Mario Edwards, all playing well for him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His work on offense has been piss poor, yet he continues to dump resources into the defense.

Darnell Mooney may be his best offensive pick considering position and round he drafted him.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham is near career lows in just about every category. He was paid top dollar on the free agent market. He has caught 4 td and that is sufficient to think his signing was something great?

wtf you talking about, career lows? his career low was last year in GB with 38 catches, 447yrds and 3 TD's, its been 6 games and he has 22 catches for 203yards and 4 TD's. Project that out for the season and he's 50-60 catches for 500-yards and 10-12 TD's.
Maybe its you, but noone should really have thought signing graham was going to yield crazy numbers...he's a vet who can mentor a young TE room and is a big time red zone threat, that is all. As for paid top dollar? no he wasn't paid top dollar, was he overpaid? sure but he's essentially here on a 1yr deal.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
wtf you talking about, career lows? his career low was last year in GB with 38 catches, 447yrds and 3 TD's, its been 6 games and he has 22 catches for 203yards and 4 TD's. Project that out for the season and he's 50-60 catches for 500-yards and 10-12 TD's.
Maybe its you, but noone should really have thought signing graham was going to yield crazy numbers...he's a vet who can mentor a young TE room and is a big time red zone threat, that is all. As for paid top dollar? no he wasn't paid top dollar, was he overpaid? sure but he's essentially here on a 1yr deal.

His production is inefficient and while his accumulation stats will be fine, still not for 9 million, but the rest of his numbers are a big reason the offense is bad.

61% catch rate
9.2 YPC
5.6 YPTarget
3 YAC/Reception

Those numbers are all bad or inefficient.