4 best moves Ryan Pace made this offseason.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The 4 best moves

1. Drafting Johnson
2. Drafting Mooney
3. Signing Gipson
4. Trading for Foles

Honorable mention to Ifedi, although he is not as good in the Foles offense.
Those are pretty big moves by Pace (Johnson has the potential to be the best corner in the NFL and Mooney has great hands and runs great routes). The issue is he should have done more to help the offensive line but he was kind of stuck with previous extensions that were given. Given that, I think now is the time to make a trade to improve the offensive line. Who is to say how long it will be before the Bears are 5-1 again? Pace needs to upgrade the guard or tackle position and I think he will make a move (pretty high probability).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Those are pretty big moves by Pace (Johnson has the potential to be the best corner in the NFL and Mooney has great hands and runs great routes). The issue is he should have done more to help the offensive line but he was kind of stuck with previous extensions that were given. Given that, I think now is the time to make a trade to improve the offensive line. Who is to say how long it will be before the Bears are 5-1 again? Pace needs to upgrade the guard or tackle position and I think he will make a move (pretty high probability).

Ugh, i hate giving up draft picks, but i can't complain if it was for o-line help.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ugh, i hate giving up draft picks, but i can't complain if it was for o-line help.
There should be players available for late rd picks (5th or 6th rd picks). Bears will have several late rd picks next year with the comp picks so they can afford to give away a couple of picks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What...you can’t bash Mitch anymore, so Graham is the new focus of all your frustration?

No, I wasn’t a big Mitch basher.

Graham is really inefficient and outside of his TD numbers hasn’t been very good.

It appears that this is too hard a concept for you to wrap your head around. Just go back to thinking the offense is awesome because Jimmy Graham caught a bunch of 2 yard TD passes.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
At 5 yards per target, there is no reason to target Graham at all.

I’m confused with this logic.

Jimmy graham is averaging 9.9 yards per catch. Is it his fault what Nagy is calling or the routes he is running? Are you suggesting it is his fault that the routes he runs are shorter or underneath?

What stat is this when he’s averaging 9.9 ypc

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m confused with this logic.

Jimmy graham is averaging 9.9 yards per catch. Is it his fault what Nagy is calling or the routes he is running? Are you suggesting it is his fault that the routes he runs are shorter or underneath?

What stat is this when he’s averaging 9.9 ypc

He is averaging 9.2 yards per catch
5.6 yards per target

Which means when the ball is thrown to Jimmy Graham the Bears average 5.6 yards. When he actually catches it, which is only 60% of the time, the Bears average 9.2 yards.

Both of those aren’t good.

The fact that he is only catching 61% of the passes thrown to him when he is running short routes also isn’t good.

I am suggesting that it is both play calling and Graham’s lack of physical ability that is keeping him in pretty much a check down role.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If your TE is only running short routes, hooks, outs and drags, then why not play the guy who is a better blocker?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If your TE is only running short routes, hooks, outs and drags, then why not play the guy who is a better blocker?

Because that is the current state of the bears offense under Nagy, and this putrid o line.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because that is the current state of the bears offense under Nagy, and this putrid o line.

So, if the TE is not a dynamic part of the passing game and the OL is struggling.

Why not play the TE who can help the OL more?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So, if the TE is not a dynamic part of the passing game and the OL is struggling.

Why not play the TE who can help the OL more?

Nagy. Derp.

Also, surely there’s value in having another body out running routes. I’d prefer a TE that could do both but apparently Kmet doesn’t have navy’s trust or he just isn’t getting it like Nagy claimed he was idk.

Either way, complaining of his usage when he’s averaging 9.9 seems stupid to me. On an offense devoid of skill players to expect him to have big splash plays down the field, with this o line .... are you expecting Kelce numbers? It’s idiotic.

He’s out producing some decent guys and imo him being top 15 or top 10 was unexpected.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy. Derp.

Also, surely there’s value in having another body out running routes. I’d prefer a TE that could do both but apparently Kmet doesn’t have navy’s trust or he just isn’t getting it like Nagy claimed he was idk.

Either way, complaining of his usage when he’s averaging 9.9 seems stupid to me. On an offense devoid of skill players to expect him to have big splash plays down the field, with this o line .... are you expecting Kelce numbers? It’s idiotic.

He’s out producing some decent guys and imo him being top 15 or top 10 was unexpected.

He is one of the most inefficient TEs in football.

If you are going to put up 60% catch rate, 9.2 YPC and 5.6 yards per target... I expect you to not block like shit, because you are not dynamic in the passing game.

The OL is bad, so play the TE who can actually help them.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He is one of the most inefficient TEs in football.

If you are going to put up 60% catch rate, 9.2 YPC and 5.6 yards per target... I expect you to not block like shit, because you are not dynamic in the passing game.

The OL is bad, so play the TE who can actually help them.

The bears are tied for 2nd to last in the NFL in yards per attempt.

17th in total pass yards.

25th in completion percentage.

What is your expectation for this player in an offense that absolutely ranks near the bottom in these stats?

Stats I see say that he has been targeted 36 times and he has 22 receptions, resulting in 61%

The elites are Kelce at 71, Waller at 72, kitte at 78.

Ertz is 24/45 for 53% on an offense with the same place as the bears (bottom of the nfl).

Hunter Henry is a 22/34 for 64% 268 yards.
Mark Andrews is 20/33 for 60% 243 yards.
Hayden hurst is 19/32 for 59% and 227 yards.
Dalton Schultz is 23/36 for 64% and 260 yards.

Is jimmy graham an all star? Hell no. However, he is putting up decent numbers that stand up next to players on offenses that are amassing far more yards and far more points though.

If you expect him to stand up to the elites then That’s on you.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
5-1
5-0 vs nfc

pace is gonna win another executive of the year award if he keeps this up

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

“Under Nagy”.

Can you blame him? He knows what’s on that line man. Give the guy some respect as a coach. You know he doesn’t wanna kill his QBs and you know he doesn’t want to put his WRs in position to get killed by a ball hanging up there.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The OL is bad. That isn’t reaching.

The OL is very clearly bad and you've definitely run with it in multiple threads and even made multiple threads about it but planning on a 4th round OL being anything more then a 4th round WR would become is reaching. In the 4th round you're definitely going BPA and Ridley dropped so i could see him as the BPA on many teams' board in the 4th round.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The OL is very clearly bad and you've definitely run with it in multiple threads and even made multiple threads about it but planning on a 4th round OL being anything more then a 4th round WR would become is reaching. In the 4th round you're definitely going BPA and Ridley dropped so i could see him as the BPA on many teams' board in the 4th round.

If you do not invest than you have no chance of hitting on a pick.

The issue is lack of investment.

Rashaad Coward shouldn't be on this team. He should have been replaced by a draft pick with more talent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The bears are tied for 2nd to last in the NFL in yards per attempt.

Is Graham doing anything to help that cause? No, I get that some of it is on the offense, but some of it is on the individual players not being more dynamic.

My point is, if your TE is not doing anything dynamic in the passing game why not play the better blocker?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you do not invest than you have no chance of hitting on a pick.

The issue is lack of investment.

Rashaad Coward shouldn't be on this team. He should have been replaced by a draft pick with more talent.

And every single person on this board understands and have been understanding that the o-line is an issue but Pace has said over and over and over again that he's a BPA guy in the draft and you can't get on a GM that's drafting BPA on his board whether it ends up the wrong decision or not cause he's trying to get us the BPA.

You also have to understand that there's a cap in the NFL (I know you know this) and going into this season he added a new G to start at the one hole we had on this team. Leno and Massie are already being paid to be average to good tackles even though Leno isn't once again producing like we had hoped but Pace thought bringing in new offensive coaches, especially J.Castillo would help that and had a starting unit already set coming into this season. Leno is crap and needs to go but as far as i know the guy is still under contract for next year, but don't know what it would cost us to cut him and if it's worth it or not. It's easy to sit on a message board and say they should cut C.Leno but not as easy for the guy who has a cap to work with.

Now you and the usual suspects can pick everything i said apart with some unrealistic things that Pace "should" do to make this o-line better. The only two things Pace should do is if the right trade is out there that doesn't use up our 1st, 2nd or really even 3rd round picks in this next draft then do it or get by any way they can for this season and use next years draft to fix it with QB being the only other option with the top 2 picks other than OL.