4 best moves Ryan Pace made this offseason.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And every single person on this board understands and have been understanding that the o-line is an issue but Pace has said over and over and over again that he's a BPA guy in the draft and you can't get on a GM that's drafting BPA on his board whether it ends up the wrong decision or not cause he's trying to get us the BPA.

You also have to understand that there's a cap in the NFL (I know you know this) and going into this season he added a new G to start at the one hole we had on this team. Leno and Massie are already being paid to be average to good tackles even though Leno isn't once again producing like we had hoped but Pace thought bringing in new offensive coaches, especially J.Castillo would help that and had a starting unit already set coming into this season. Leno is crap and needs to go but as far as i know the guy is still under contract for next year, but don't know what it would cost us to cut him and if it's worth it or not. It's easy to sit on a message board and say they should cut C.Leno but not as easy for the guy who has a cap to work with.

Now you and the usual suspects can pick everything i said apart with some unrealistic things that Pace "should" do to make this o-line better. The only two things Pace should do is if the right trade is out there that doesn't use up our 1st, 2nd or really even 3rd round picks in this next draft then do it or get by any way they can for this season and use next years draft to fix it with QB being the only other option with the top 2 picks other than OL.

He provided himself with 0 options.

He assumed Leno would improve and Castillo would help and those assumptions did not happen.

It is about giving yourself options. You cannot just sit there and go ho hum our LT makes too much money and do nothing to protect yourself against his suckage.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have to invest in the OL.

We have drafted 6 WRs in Pace's tenure and 1 OT, that is a problem with investment.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He provided himself with 0 options.

He assumed Leno would improve and Castillo would help and those assumptions did not happen.

It is about giving yourself options. You cannot just sit there and go ho hum our LT makes too much money and do nothing to protect yourself against his suckage.

He did give himself the options he and the team could afford to with G.Ifedi, A.Bars, R.Coward and J.Spriggs. Those are all options but in your unrealistic world you also think that once again Pace should be able to see the future which is impossible.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If you do not invest than you have no chance of hitting on a pick.

The issue is lack of investment.

Rashaad Coward shouldn't be on this team. He should have been replaced by a draft pick with more talent.
Weren’t you the biggest Coward fanboy even at the start of last season?

How the mighty have fallen...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He did give himself the options he and the team could afford to with G.Ifedi, A.Bars, R.Coward and J.Spriggs. Those are all options but in your unrealistic world you also think that once again Pace should be able to see the future which is impossible.

Those are shit options.

He spent 60 million dollars in guaranteed money this offseason, so save me on the "could afford" bs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weren’t you the biggest Coward fanboy even at the start of last season?

How the mighty have fallen...

Yes, I thought he might be able to play.

He sucked last season and sucked again against Carolina. When players get a chance to play and they suck you need to move on.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If you do not invest than you have no chance of hitting on a pick.

The issue is lack of investment.

Rashaad Coward shouldn't be on this team. He should have been replaced by a draft pick with more talent.

Then why did all off season no one seemed to care?

It was said that bars was the future. Lmao.

We looked at the draft and we said there was no one worthy of being taken on round 2 to play G or tackle.

What should’ve been done? Sure I’d love a developmental guy in later rounds but there’s no guarantee that amounts to anything more than what Leno or massie have shown.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then why did all off season no one seemed to care?

It was said that bars was the future. Lmao.

We looked at the draft and we said there was no one worthy of being taken on round 2 to play G or tackle.

What should’ve been done? Sure I’d love a developmental guy in later rounds but there’s no guarantee that amounts to anything more than what Leno or massie have shown.

I have been bitching about the OL for 8 months.

What should have been done?

1. Sign a legit OLmen to step in at RG/RT

And/Or

2. Invest draft picks to give yourself options

A late round guy might not be anything, but if you do not add them, then you have no options to turn to or to develop. Late round OLmen are insurance policies.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Quenton Spain just tweeted that he is moving on from Buffalo.

That would be a nice late stage addition for the Bears at LG.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Awwwwww poor little guy doesn't even understand what coach talk is? Are you dumb?

LOL

Lol you asked what coaches say about his knowledge of the playbook then claim what they say isnt true. You cant be this dumb.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol you asked what coaches say about his knowledge of the playbook then claim what they say isnt true. You cant be this dumb.

Awwwww sad life remy is back. Hi remy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Pace can do a little dance that he got the Graham signing right. Everyone (everyone!!!) trashed him for that. But aside from that I dont know how much credit he can really take at this point.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
“Under Nagy”.

Can you blame him? He knows what’s on that line man. Give the guy some respect as a coach. You know he doesn’t wanna kill his QBs and you know he doesn’t want to put his WRs in position to get killed by a ball hanging up there.

Have you watched the last TTNL with draft dr phil? He DESTROYS nagy when breaking down the game against carolina. I guess you disagree with me and phil though hey thats fine. It's okay to have a different opinion.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Have you watched the last TTNL with draft dr phil? He DESTROYS nagy when breaking down the game against carolina. I guess you disagree with me and phil though hey thats fine. It's okay to have a different opinion.
When did the wannabe gangster draft novice Phil become gospel around here????