4 Line-ups- Dach/No Dach

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach's conditioning stint can last up to 14 Days.

Dach look 1

Saad/Kubalik-Toews-Jewels/Shaw
Cat-Strome-Kane
Kubalik/Saad-Kampf-Shaw/Jewels
Carp-Dach-Smith

Dach look 2
Perlini-Toews-Cat/Kubalik
Kubalik/Cat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Shaw
Jewels-Dach-Smith

Common sense1
Jewels/Shaw-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini/Dach
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Shaw/Jewels-Dach/Carp-Smith

common sens2
Saad-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Perlini-Kampf-Shaw
Jewels-Carp-Smith

This team needs a top 6 winger with a good body and ethic, for Perlini, Gus, Delia/Lahtenan and necessary prospects/picks to work it.

Collotton needs to keep a physical integrity to every line but Kane's. What I saw with Cat-Strome-Shaw was opponents laughing, trying to smurf them and attacking Shaw alot with brutal hits and laughing some more. Thats why Perlini or an outside presence is needed for Cat-Strome combo. I might even plug Dach there just to see what happens.

Saad and Kubalik might function even better with Toews. please look at that

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach brings an element to the team and fits into a 13 F plan. Given the age of 88-19, seabs and Keith,

YOU KEEP HIM!! And thats why you draft him over the others or the d-men. He brings value, not a liability like Byrum.

Keep Dach for his high skill set in a big body. Perlini/Dach/Carp/Kampf is your 13th man rotation, with Saarela/Nylander close in rockford if necessary.

Trade Gus or Koekoek and Perlini plus necessary prospects and picks for a top 6 or expiring contract at deadline. bring up Bovqist.

And just for my final point, if you inspect this roster you should realize Perlini won't be here next year. PLay him with Cat-Strome please and try to get some value...as well as shorten the time period for him to get noticed. Also why you play Gus with Kane. Give these guys the golden ticket and then get them out of the way.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Common Sense line 1 works. But we all know that ain't happening.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dach brings an element to the team and fits into a 13 F plan. Given the age of 88-19, seabs and Keith,

YOU KEEP HIM!! And thats why you draft him over the others or the d-men. He brings value, not a liability like Byrum.

Keep Dach for his high skill set in a big body. Perlini/Dach/Carp/Kampf is your 13th man rotation, with Saarela/Nylander close in rockford if necessary.

Trade Gus or Koekoek and Perlini plus necessary prospects and picks for a top 6 or expiring contract at deadline. bring up Bovqist.

And just for my final point, if you inspect this roster you should realize Perlini won't be here next year. PLay him with Cat-Strome please and try to get some value...as well as shorten the time period for him to get noticed. Also why you play Gus with Kane. Give these guys the golden ticket and then get them out of the way.
KoKo needs to be put to rest, Gus should of been traded in the summer after his spectacular season. With his glaring defensive issues his stock is falling fast. Dach needs time in the AHL to work on his game, with the way the Hawks are playing to start the season it’s no rush to bring him up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
KoKo needs to be put to rest, Gus should of been traded in the summer after his spectacular season. With his glaring defensive issues his stock is falling fast. Dach needs time in the AHL to work on his game, with the way the Hawks are playing to start the season it’s no rush to bring him up.

Good except that Dach can only play 4 games in the AHL this year, and even those were a gift of the concussion. He has 14 days to recover from injury. If he can't stick with Hawks he has to go back to amateur team for the year in the CHL, per Canadian development rules, and we don't burn a year of rookie contract.

But we have an over-ripe squad and I just think we don't have many guys like him...his development will be faster in NHL than another year in a league where the players are afraid of him. He is so strong he isn't learning reality up there, they give him too much space.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Good except that Dach can only play 4 games in the AHL this year, and even those were a gift of the concussion. He has 14 days to recover from injury. If he can't stick with Hawks he has to go back to amateur team for the year in the CHL, per Canadian development rules, and we don't burn a year of rookie contract.

But we have an over-ripe squad and I just think we don't have many guys like him...his development will be faster in NHL than another year in a league where the players are afraid of him. He is so strong he isn't learning reality up there, they give him too much space.
Your absolutely right about his time in the AHL, I totally forgot about that and the development rules.
To add we don’t have many guys like him, it’s more like we don’t have any guys like him. The closest comparison may be Shaw, but not nearly as big and strong as Dach.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does his stint in Rockford count as time used up for the normal 9 games he'd get to play with the Hawks before burning up a year?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does his stint in Rockford count as time used up for the normal 9 games he'd get to play with the Hawks before burning up a year?
I don't know Tater I was asking myself the same question. My sense was it does not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. But 5 games in Rockford (he already played 1 and its actually a 2-week injury recovery clause, in which they have 4 more games.)

He was a -1 on the fourth line in his debut and he had Hagel so no excuses for him. Its that 4th line in Rockford showing that made me consider that might be the plan for him.

It makes sense because then he has Smith and/or Carp on a wing to help in certain face-off areas. For me its the best place for him to "stick" and claim a spot, and then as the season goes on you can get creative with him and I'd even love to see him just once with Cat-Strome. The kid line could use a giant kid.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the reality is you play the waiting game as long as you can.
Any sort of injury to a top 13 guy puts him in there.

Right now I have him as the 11th or 12th most valuable forward to the big club today. Ahead of Nylander and Saarela, even with Carp and Perlini...is about where I see him, though he stands the greatest chance to improve while weathering a season.

being in las vegas now, and intrigued by 1st round picks with size...I probably hold Carp and Perlini higher than most here and view that as a compliment. I also think Saarela will have a chance before the season is through, but right now they are sorting out Dach and Nylander and if they might help the club.

I wonder if Nylander gets one more look to see how he responds.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
And the reality is you play the waiting game as long as you can.
Any sort of injury to a top 13 guy puts him in there.

Right now I have him as the 11th or 12th most valuable forward to the big club today. Ahead of Nylander and Saarela, even with Carp and Perlini...is about where I see him, though he stands the greatest chance to improve while weathering a season.

being in las vegas now, and intrigued by 1st round picks with size...I probably hold Carp and Perlini higher than most here and view that as a compliment. I also think Saarela will have a chance before the season is through, but right now they are sorting out Dach and Nylander and if they might help the club.

I wonder if Nylander gets one more look to see how he responds.
Nylander has the skill set but lacks the heart and desire, there are so many hockey players just like him. He was given the chance of a lifetime to play alongside 2 future hall of famers and did not cut it besides that one goal he scored in the opener versus Philly. He may get one more chance, but I am sure he will hit waivers very soon.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Q gone I should stop faking it for Toews.

The Fun Line (and maybe the right one)

1. Cat-Strome-Kane (be serious, this is rock star line, Strome has flashed as much as Kubalik and Bovqist early this year)

2. Saad-Toews-Kubalik (If it works for Kampf what can Toews do with it? )

3.Dach/Perlini-Kampf-Shaw (Wildcard line)

4. Jewels-Carp/Dach-Smith (Flip the ice baby)

There...I fucking did it!! Thats what you call an autistic derived solution!!! A+ Fuck you Colloton, see it buddy or get a spectrum friend.

I guarantee 3 of those lines fucking work, and thats a damn good start. I'd put my money on Kampf-Shaw combo to create some problems and hold their own too. Might try Dach with them also on the left wing.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nylander has the skill set but lacks the heart and desire, there are so many hockey players just like him. He was given the chance of a lifetime to play alongside 2 future hall of famers and did not cut it besides that one goal he scored in the opener versus Philly. He may get one more chance, but I am sure he will hit waivers very soon.

I call him "The Sloth"

There is something very deliberate and slow thinking about him. I don't know if its heart or he just isn't that athletic or quick minded. He has shown some things and excels in certain situations as much as he fails in others. I'd hope they give him a year to get it together. He seems close to a jump, but the game needs to slow down for him, he needs to be faster and give his body more.

While Kane-Toews might be a lottery combo for a third, I just don't see the fit with Nylander because you like somebody that can do some dirty work. I'm just hesitant to pair them together because it seems like its 5-5 circus when we do, and they do well with Jewels or maybe Kubalik...but I like Kampf-Kubalik together too.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I call him "The Sloth"

There is something very deliberate and slow thinking about him. I don't know if its heart or he just isn't that athletic or quick minded. He has shown some things and excels in certain situations as much as he fails in others. I'd hope they give him a year to get it together. He seems close to a jump, but the game needs to slow down for him, he needs to be faster and give his body more.

While Kane-Toews might be a lottery combo for a third, I just don't see the fit with Nylander because you like somebody that can do some dirty work. I'm just hesitant to pair them together because it seems like its 5-5 circus when we do, and they do well with Jewels or maybe Kubalik...but I like Kampf-Kubalik together too.
I wasn’t sold on Kampf as a third line Center, but he has looked good since game one, in actuality his line has been the best out of the four to start the season.
You wrote in another post a line of Kampf-Dach-Shaw, that certainly looks like a very entertaining line.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nope, kind of a conditioning loophole given his age etc.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I wasn’t sold on Kampf as a third line Center, but he has looked good since game one, in actuality his line has been the best out of the four to start the season.
You wrote in another post a line of Kampf-Dach-Shaw, that certainly looks like a very entertaining line.

They had Kruger before, good fourth line center, when he left the first time, we had Kampf, Kero, Ejdsell that seemed to fill his spot, apparently not, so they got Kruger back. I always thought it was a mistake having him play third line center, but the team would keep bring up that he was sacrificing for the team by not showing his offensive qualities.

Ejdsell did not get a good enough chance here so he bailed, Kero is out of hockey, that brought back Kampf to take the Kruger spot and they bought two betterans to play the fourth line. Ended up Kampf got the third line center.

Its the common tone I see. Sure Sikora, Highmore, Johnson did not show enough, but there were games last year Hayden, Martinson and whoever they put between them made a hard line to play against. This year might have been Kurashev, Nillson, Wedin, Saarela in line to play that fourth line , but they chose the betteran route. I get part if it was taking Smith back to lose AA and they were at the point of being desperate, just dont know how much they are actually changing the game on the fourth line.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
from NBC SPORTS

Dach is not eligible to play in the AHL full-time this season due to Canadian Hockey League rules, Dach's conditioning stint in Rockford can last up to 14 days, according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, before the Blackhawks are forced to either recall him or send him back to the Saskatoon Blades in the Western Hockey League.
Rockford has four more games over that span.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Dach recalled yesterday after the third rockford game. guess we see what happens on sunday.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach recalled yesterday after the third rockford game. guess we see what happens on sunday.

Will they throw him into the fire against the Caps

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm ready to see that rangy SOB in a Hawks uniform. Will be great for him to see where he stands against the big boys.

Not like Hughes and KK are tearing it up right now, and Byram went to Jrs already

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had Kruger before, good fourth line center, when he left the first time, we had Kampf, Kero, Ejdsell that seemed to fill his spot, apparently not, so they got Kruger back. I always thought it was a mistake having him play third line center, but the team would keep bring up that he was sacrificing for the team by not showing his offensive qualities.

Ejdsell did not get a good enough chance here so he bailed, Kero is out of hockey, that brought back Kampf to take the Kruger spot and they bought two betterans to play the fourth line. Ended up Kampf got the third line center.

Its the common tone I see. Sure Sikora, Highmore, Johnson did not show enough, but there were games last year Hayden, Martinson and whoever they put between them made a hard line to play against. This year might have been Kurashev, Nillson, Wedin, Saarela in line to play that fourth line , but they chose the betteran route. I get part if it was taking Smith back to lose AA and they were at the point of being desperate, just dont know how much they are actually changing the game on the fourth line.

I think Wedin is the only player you mentioned that belongs on the 4th unit with what they are trying to do with it. Carp/Smith are here to win some face-offs and add defensive integrity, turn the ice as many times as they can for the offense and get out of the way.

Wedin-Carp-Smith could be an option if they need Jewels in the top 6.