400 GOALS FOR KANER!!!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hope when he is done, it's on his own terms and it happens quickly and he just walked away. It will sicken me to ever watch him in another teams sweater.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I hope when he is done, it's on his own terms and it happens quickly and he just walked away. It will sicken me to ever watch him in another teams sweater.
I can’t imagine that scenario, Pat Kane will retire a Hawk and not wear another teams jersey. When his contract is up, Stan will sign him so he never leaves this franchise.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
With respect to the bolded, he proved that very early in his career. I forgot who the 'hawks were playing and who did it, but Kane was checked ass-over-teakettle into the bench as a rookie. He immediately got up with a smile on his face and was right back on the ice as if nothing happened.

At that moment I knew he'd be fine with respect to his size. :)
Ass over teakettle, Lord I don’t think I ever heard that expression but man did I laugh when I read it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I can’t imagine that scenario, Pat Kane will retire a Hawk and not wear another teams jersey. When his contract is up, Stan will sign him so he never leaves this franchise.
I am hopeful the same for the rest of the core still here. Although, I saw what happen to Crow. Even the photoshop of him in the Devils sweater was painful. It's different for goalies for sure, but i'm glad he got out while he did.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you see Kane(Cat too for that matter)do an interview in their under armor,it's plain to see both are put together like 'brick shithouses' (not all small players are built this way) and Kane's always been as good as Keith in allowing an oncoming checker to take the brunt of most hits and I loved seein' Kane go to the two handed chop the other night after the 2nd bad hit he received.
El Gato got dumped HARD after Kane's goal the other night too so his gettin' one late to pile on didn't surprise me a bit.
Exactly. Kane and El Gato may be small, but they're not weak. Not to mention, El Gato willing to chuck 'em when someone ran Keith a couple years back.

Conversely, the Sedins and Mike "Greg Luganis" Smith got knocked over by a stiff breeze and stayed down.

There's a difference between being small and playing small.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Exactly. Kane and El Gato may be small, but they're not weak. Not to mention, El Gato willing to chuck 'em when someone ran Keith a couple years back.

Conversely, the Sedins and Mike "Greg Luganis" Smith got knocked over by a stiff breeze and stayed down.

There's a difference between being small and playing small.
I mentioned his size in relation to the media pundits. Kane dominating the OHL was one thing going up against the best in the world was another. Kane never did play small but a player who is 6’3 220 could definitely punish you over time if you were Kaners size. When he was drafted like all number 1 picks you will certainly have your skeptics out there. He know doubt proved them all wrong and still is, that is what is so special about him as a hockey player.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I am hopeful the same for the rest of the core still here. Although, I saw what happen to Crow. Even the photoshop of him in the Devils sweater was painful. It's different for goalies for sure, but i'm glad he got out while he did.
CC in a Devils uniform did not look right in so many ways, but I have to think as many have posted on this subject, this was one of the reasons he decided to hang them up, certainly not the primary reason but it did make an Impact on walking away with 7.2 million dollar contract sitting on the table.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mentioned his size in relation to the media pundits. Kane dominating the OHL was one thing going up against the best in the world was another. Kane never did play small but a player who is 6’3 220 could definitely punish you over time if you were Kaners size. When he was drafted like all number 1 picks you will certainly have your skeptics out there. He know doubt proved them all wrong and still is, that is what is so special about him as a hockey player.
No disagreement here...

There's something to be said for "it's not how hard you hit, but how many times you get up."

Plus, I think Fiddy is still around on other boards...the guy who thought we should have gotten Turris over Kane. :D

Granada

Liked Posts:
No disagreement here...

There's something to be said for "it's not how hard you hit, but how many times you get up."

Plus, I think Fiddy is still around on other boards...the guy who thought we should have gotten Turris over Kane. :D

Really? Wow I thought that dude disappeared into the ether long ago.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really? Wow I thought that dude disappeared into the ether long ago.
Thanks for the image. I don't ant to pile onto him needlessly, but I can picture him disappearing into a cloud of typos.

I know...pot meet kettle.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the image. I don't ant to pile onto him needlessly, but I can picture him disappearing into a cloud of typos.

I know...pot meet kettle.

I wonder whatever happened to Puck Prophet

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I didn't mind IKP that much, but I remember you two having some doozies!
He never knew when to stop. The topic would come to a grinding halt and he would keep pressing on to either hate the kid or certainly ignore him on the following topic.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Loved Dales response when he kept on getting pressed about his size
Puck dosnt weigh that much ! Classic

88 the leader has come so far at least 2 more Olympics as captain of team USA!
We are all very lucky

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Looking at franchise points list, and Kane has a real chance to pass up Savard on the list this season! Looks like he's 38 points away!

Last edited: