49ers deciding between Mac Jones and Trey Lance at #3

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, an interesting nugget from Peter King today...

It won’t surprise me, if the Broncos do not draft a quarterback, to see Denver make a mid-round deal for Teddy Bridgewater with Carolina.

Could 1 of the top 5 QB’s fall out of the top 10?

King also believes the 49ers may be lowering the price tag on Jimmy Garoppolo in a possible trade...

It won’t surprise me if the Niners make Jimmy Garoppolo more available than he’s been. In other words, instead of trying to get a first-round pick for him, maybe considering taking a two for him. I wonder if the Patriots would deal the 46th pick in the draft, or their second-rounder in 2022, for their old friend.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think the Saints might trade a 2 or 3 for Jimmy G. Unless SF drafts Lance. Lance needs a year of seasoning and 49ers are finished paying Jimmy’s contract.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears and Patriots will covet Fields or Lance if they approach the 10th pick value.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So ready for this draft to be over....

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I’d be shocked if someone traded for Garapolos contract. They should cut him and let him pick where to go.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So Atlanta is then sitting at 4 with at least a couple of teams that would be willing to trade, and the Bears are likely the least desirable.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think the Saints might trade a 2 or 3 for Jimmy G. Unless SF drafts Lance. Lance needs a year of seasoning and 49ers are finished paying Jimmy’s contract.
You are forgetting that the Saints have 2 great quarterbacks already on their roster.......

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe Chris Simms was onto something when he had Fields as #6 on his board? I mean I know CCS is loaded with QB experts but...... maybe? ?‍♂️

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, an interesting nugget from Peter King today...

It won’t surprise me, if the Broncos do not draft a quarterback, to see Denver make a mid-round deal for Teddy Bridgewater with Carolina.

Could 1 of the top 5 QB’s fall out of the top 10?

King also believes the 49ers may be lowering the price tag on Jimmy Garoppolo in a possible trade...

It won’t surprise me if the Niners make Jimmy Garoppolo more available than he’s been. In other words, instead of trying to get a first-round pick for him, maybe considering taking a two for him. I wonder if the Patriots would deal the 46th pick in the draft, or their second-rounder in 2022, for their old friend.

Fangio has seen first hand the risk of drafting a QB high in the draft so this actually makes sense to me. I know everyone thinks it’s a QB league but Fangio is old school. I’m sure he believes he can win with a top defense and average QB play.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think as Bears fans, if we want a chance at Justin Fields, we gotta hope the Niners actually take Trey Lance. I mean, I know it's all grain of salt at this point, even the 49ers rumors, but if they are truly deciding between Lance and Jones; there is a rumor out there that the Falcons are interested in either Lance or else they'll go with Pitts. So, if you operate on the assumption that these rumors are true, then you want QBs to go top 3 only, and not top 4. Teams (Den, NE, WAS) may become more desperate for the 5th QB than they would if there are 2 options on the board.

That being said, the closer to the draft it gets the more the rumors tend to NOT be true. But then again, Ben Allbright (who is decently connected) said last night that SF is definitely NOT going Fields at 3. Of course, maybe the Jets are going Fields at 2, and SF will get Wilson and both teams are duping everyone.

Either way, if Fields is the target, they probably can't get up to 4 or 5. May be able to get to #6 as the Dolphins could again take a ton of picks and move back up for a Devonta Smith if necessary. But the target range is probably still closer to 8-9 (Carolina, Denver) as Detroit isn't going to allow the Bears to use their pick to get a franchise QB at 7, but they could allow the Patriots or Broncos to do so. The Bears need everything to break perfectly to get Fields and for other teams not to like him as much as they do. Still seems farfetched, but "you're saying there's a chance!"

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Fangio has seen first hand the risk of drafting a QB high in the draft so this actually makes sense to me. I know everyone thinks it’s a QB league but Fangio is old school. I’m sure he believes he can win with a top defense and average QB play.
That's why he is a bad head coach.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This trade by Lynch is looking worse and worse.

Just should have stayed put at 12 and let the draft fall to him.

Now he absolutely has to pick his poison at #3 that he paid a kings ransom for.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No way Fields gets past 4.
Atlanta has shown a ton of interest towards Pitts. It appears they are going to stick with Ryan.

A trade up? That may happen. But what team is going to offer a kings ransom to a team that you absolutely know is not going to select a QB?

I think picks 4-6 see position players go off the board. Then shit goes off the charts because Denver and Carolina may want QBs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Atlanta has shown a ton of interest towards Pitts. It appears they are going to stick with Ryan.

A trade up? That may happen. But what team is going to offer a kings ransom to a team that you absolutely know is not going to select a QB?

I think picks 4-6 see position players go off the board. Then shit goes off the charts because Denver and Carolina may want QBs.

Yeah I know it's WAAAAAYYYY premature but Pitts looks like a potential generational talent. If they're not picking a QB it's gonna take a fortune to move them off that pick.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah I know it's WAAAAAYYYY premature but Pitts looks like a potential generational talent. If they're not picking a QB it's gonna take a fortune to move them off that pick.
To be generational, wouldn't he have to be undoubtedly better than kelce, kittle and gronk?