49ers, not Bears, trade to #3 to get top QB in draft...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe George told Ryan and Matt to fuck off in regards to trading draft capital. They have one year to prove they can make it work. Nagy got Foles and has already replaced him. Let the chips fall where they may.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This could mean the first three players off the board will all be quarterbacks, and all the other quarterback-starved teams will have to settle for what's left.

It really didn’t change much. The 1st 2 picks were gonna be QBs before the trade. This just moved Fields or Wilson up a few slots.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
#FleecedSquared
Not sure. If SF ends up with a high quality franchise QB it's definitely not a fleece. They have a helluva team on both sides of the ball already. Put an elite QB on that team and they will be right back in the SB.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Has @Midway Nick asked the mods to change his name back to Hometown Jimmy yet?

Might as well get it out of the way with now...

Hoping for Midway Zach, Justin, Trey, Russ, or Deshaun.

Otherwise my interest levels in the 2021 season will be as low as ever.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
these mofos trading up to shop at the future HOF store and the Bears are content with finding their QB at Aldi......this team is so lame....he missed on kevin white.....he missed on Miller...miller is not even Dez White at this point. He dropped an early 2nd rounder on a possible Jason Witten type TE....now i'm reading they're scouting some QB for like the 6th round .....come on man, does anyone think they're going to pull a Brady out of their ass at this point? They've held onto Bray, is Bray developing and possibly going to be a starter? If not, he's just a backup to a shitty backup. I just don't understand the thinking, get young QB's in your pipeline who have a potential to start. They're grooming and keeping backups to backups on the roster. If you're not in the championship window you should be developing, but these jamokes have bullshat George into thinking they're in the championship window, which they aren't.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
these mofos trading up to shop at the future HOF store and the Bears are content with finding their QB at Aldi......this team is so lame....he missed on kevin white.....he missed on Miller...miller is not even Dez White at this point. He dropped an early 2nd rounder on a possible Jason Witten type TE....now i'm reading they're scouting some QB for like the 6th round .....come on man, does anyone think they're going to pull a Brady out of their ass at this point? They've held onto Bray, is Bray developing and possibly going to be a starter? If not, he's just a backup to a shitty backup. I just don't understand the thinking, get young QB's in your pipeline who have a potential to start. They're grooming and keeping backups to backups on the roster. If you're not in the championship window you should be developing, but these jamokes have bullshat George into thinking they're in the championship window, which they aren't.
Bwahahahahaha.....not 1 quarterback drafted in the first round in 2021 will be a hall of famer.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Redskins in 2012, moved up to #2 for three 1st round picks.
Yep for RG3. What kills me is the Redskins didn't even take care of him. Let him get destroyed instead of nurturing him. Shanahan let him play on a bum knee that shattered. What a waste of a good QB prospect.

BluesBroJake

Liked Posts:
I'm glad the Bears didn't move up, and I hope they don't. This will leave better talent at 20 but they still need to choose well.

The draft is such a crap shoot, too many variables to accurately predict, with consistency, how a player will turn out. There are pro bowlers and busts at every level of the draft, every year.

Coaching to me, makes all the difference. If you are going be a successful NFL team you have to be able to evaluate, develop, and utilize talent to fit system and the players capability. The people who can do this more consistently will beat the people who cant.

This thread shifted to Mac Jones vs Trey Lance for a bit and I see both sides of that argument. But, is Mac Jones better in 3 years if he gets drafted by Chicago or New England? I think NE, there are also a butt load of variables that can change the outcomes in the this scenario, but in a vacuum, Belichick gets more out Jones than Naggy hands down. I would also argue that Trey Lance is a bit better if he played under Saban as well, but we can't keep getting off track.

I'm just hoping the Bears can get a couple starters out of this draft and not give up any future assets.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can see it on film. Zach Wilson has absurd arm. He reminds me a lot of Brett Favre.

Somebody broke down this play. It‘s thrown at a very low trajectory (looks shy of 45 degrees) and not at full effort, yet travels 65+ yards in the air from the near hash to the opposite far hash...

EminentImpossibleEasternnewt-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I can say is DePhilipo is a good QB coach and Lazir as an OC understands to make the most of what strengths the team has.

I really like Lazor’s play calling even though he was limited with no Cohen, Mooney, and Daniels the 3 games. I think both coaches got the most from Trubisky. It is what it is.

I want to see how these two develop a young QB.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All I can say is DePhilipo is a good QB coach and Lazir as an OC understands to make the most of what strengths the team has.

I really like Lazor’s play calling even though he was limited with no Cohen, Mooney, and Daniels the 3 games. I think both coaches got the most from Trubisky. It is what it is.

I want to see how these two develop a young QB.

You're forgetting one major piece...

Kzzzng5.png

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're forgetting one major piece...

Kzzzng5.png
Nagy is not supposed to be the play caller. I think he will let Lazor call plays, If the Bears fail, he will pass the culpability to Lazor. Hay it’s not fair but Nagy does need a job in 2022 and beyond.

Beinamy doesn’t have an Head coaching job of Nagy’s ass. Also Reid can be a bone head in not going for a more run oriented game plan when he lost his starting tackles. Coaches have big egos.