49ers Runningback Raheem Mostert requests trade

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
When teams become successful guys want to get paid. 49ers also are going to have to fork up big for their tight end George Kittle and won't surprise me if he holds out as I don't see him playing the last year of his rook deal at 2.7 million per.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Any RB can run in that Shanny system.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade Patterson for him... If the 49'rs take his contract and we pay a bit more for Mostart which is $2.5 per... So 3 per for Mostart and they take on Patterson's $5m per.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Shanny gave him a chance and made him what he is and now he's saying pay up bitch.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade Patterson for him... If the 49'rs take his contract and we pay a bit more for Mostart which is $2.5 per... So 3 per for Mostart and they take on Patterson's $5m per.

I don’t think I would be upset with that trade tbh. And I like Patterson... lol

msadows

Liked Posts:
Any RB can run in that Shanny system.

Might be ego from mostert's part, but I'm sure his agent knows EXACTLY this. Can't blame a guy for trying to get rich while his stock is highest. I'm sure we'd all do the same.

However, no ty to trading him, or even signing him as a FA. Like you said, shanny makes bad players look good, and good players look great. His dad did the same. Unless he brings shanny and that oline with him, it would just be more of the same.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like you said, shanny makes bad players look good, and good players look great. His dad did the same. Unless he brings shanny and that oline with him, it would just be more of the same.

Too bad Bears coaches and GMs can never do this.

They'll take a potentially great player like Forte, and make him good.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So hard to think any RB would do well behind the crap Oline we saw last year.

If we see a resurgence in Oline play, I would rather see what Monty and Cohen could do.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
So hard to think any RB would do well behind the crap Oline we saw last year.

If we see a resurgence in Oline play, I would rather see what Monty and Cohen could do.

Monty needs to find a seam and burst through it before it closes...BUT HE IS SLOW and doesn't have the size to compensate to break arm tackles on a consistent basis.

Would not surprise me if the Bears are looking for a new back next season.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude came on great for 9ers last season and definitely needs to get paid better than a special teamer

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monty needs to find a seam and burst through it before it closes...BUT HE IS SLOW and doesn't have the size to compensate to break arm tackles on a consistent basis.

220lbs isn’t a small size.

He led the nation in broken tackles in college

Also, the 2019 Bears had less negative runs than the 2018 Bears... even with a worse Oline.

According to NFL advanced stats, Monty tied for 3rd in the league with 28 broken tackles on the year. Only Nick Chubb, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, and Phillip Lindsay did better. Four of those guys are Pro Bowlers. Not bad company for Montgomery to keep.

Monty is not the problem with our Run Game.

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
220lbs isn’t a small size.

He led the nation in broken tackles in college

Also, the 2019 Bears had less negative runs than the 2018 Bears... even with a worse Oline.

According to NFL advanced stats, Monty tied for 3rd in the league with 28 broken tackles on the year. Only Nick Chubb, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, and Phillip Lindsay did better. Four of those guys are Pro Bowlers. Not bad company for Montgomery to keep.

Monty is not the problem with our Run Game.
He is not the problem but he is also not anything specail. He may be the slowest RB I ever seen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He is not the problem but he is also not anything specail. He may be the slowest RB I ever seen.

More meatball comments.

4.63 is by no means fast for a RB but its not in the territory of "slowest RB i've ever seen".

Khareem Hunt had similar speed to monty and dominated in this EXACT same system for a few years.

Get monty an oline and he will be more than fine.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Monty does look slow but to say he can’t break arm tackles consistently is completely false.

That kid earned every yard behind a terrible Oline while consistently breaking “arm tackles”.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Then you cut Morstert, like we did last time, and it ends up being being a Patterson salary dump!!!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's going to be 28 years old and he's on his 7th team.

Because last year was the first time they heard of him people thought he was younger and hadn't bounced around as much.

Anyway, I don't think this request is around him or his agent seeing this great market for RBs, but rather they just aren't happy with his current contract.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is a side bar issue, but I think with RBs NFL teams need to manage that relationship differently. They need to say they will look to load manage the RB, so they will be filling the RB room and spreading this around. Granted everyone will get reps, but that will also save the #1 RB and not run him into the ground. It will be more similar to college systems where they are load sharing as opposed to featuring a specific player.

For the team then need to target players who are okay with the time share and see value in that.

IMHO those bell-cow RBs are a thing of the past.