4th and inches

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When you make a brilliant decision like that, how can you possibly be 1-7 vs. the Packers?

How many of those players do you think agreed with his decision to punt that ball like the fucking eunuch he is?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
When you make a brilliant decision like that, how can you possibly be 1-7 vs. the Packers?

How many of those players do you think agreed with his decision to punt that ball like the fucking eunuch he is?
Arob was clapping in his ear at that decision.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It's not like the Packers scored a TD on the last 4 or so possessions before that point. But, yes I agree this decision needs its own thread. It was an abysmal and incomprehensible choice to punt.

I'm context it's even worse. You were essentially fired a few games ago. You are playing your rival. You have a miserable record as of recent to them. Their QB literally shouted he "owns" your team last time he played. He doubles down on those comments leading up to the game. You have nothing to play for, but pride. Nothing to lose. Your defense can't make a stop for s***. You have lost momentum. You're offense needs a play desperately. You has the lead, but lost it and are down two possessions. And on 4th and inches you punt it!

What's even worse, Nagy is probabky patting himself on thr back. He thinks he isn't allowing outside noise and pressure get to him and made a decision based off his core "why."

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The guy is a pissy and should be fired tomorrow. They might not win a game. The locker room as to be lost.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He made a great decision the guy miffed the punt and the bears had an easy TD. Only problem is that doesn’t fit the nfl narrative so we got fucked on a penalty. After that he should have went for it, because he should have known he truly had nothing to lose.

Last edited:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this deserves its own thread.
4th and inches in 4th quarter down 38-27 and you punt. This is Matt Nagy and just a perfect example of Nagy should be gone ASAP
Yep. He's an idiot.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Nagy seems to feel that it's a special talent to do something that nobody would expect him to do....kind of like the 'trick plays'.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Honestly there was no logical reason to punt in that situation that I can think of.
The score dictated that you needed a play
The distance dictated that you had a higher probability of making it, QB sneak, power run, hell even a Nagy special
The momentum had shifted and we needed a play to get it back
The time left in the game dictated that you needed to steal a possession
Finally, the most blatant reason, Rogers was picking your defense apart after second half adjustments, and your decision to punt was putting the ball back in his hands...

Last week I watched John Harbaugh decide to go for a two point conversion to either win or lose the game (could have tied and went into OT)against the Steelers. The attempt failed and they lost, but every rational person, said two things:
1. That was a gutsy call, that showed he believed in his players
2. He took matters into his own hands, and his decision was based upon controlling the outcome of the game and not relying on a coin toss and his struggling defense.

John's decision was solid despite the outcome, just the opposite for Nagy

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It's almost like Nagy didn't realize the bears are 4-8, the season and his coaching career are over. Unfortunately they weren't at home to get booed into going for it
This. His decisions are based as if he is in control of a 10-2 team, where it’s alright to play it safe.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Remember when he sold his aggressive nature when he was hired. He showcased it his first season here but has been a she’ll ever since…. Aggressive my arse

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I agree going for it was the right call, but do you actually believe we would have gotten the first down? Anytime we have lined up for short yardage, Mustipher is 2-3 yards in the backfield off the snap. It almost takes a superhuman effort from the backs to avoid his defender and get to the "Second level"

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This is the one thing that pissed me off more than anything last night. What a coward not going for that.