5-3

pablovi

Liked Posts:
As previously stated, that Vikings game will likely decide whether or not the Bears are still a playoff contender the rest of the season. If they go into the Packers game 5-5, they're done.
There is no chance this is a playoff contender, and they’re getting swept by the Vikings and Packers.

Rocksteady

Night Elf
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes, but those small mistakes cost a lot in close games. I felt Bears were the better team today.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
It felt like a game they should have won. But there’s probably 3 W’s this season that felt like losses. They’re still ahead in the luck metric.

and yeah. I’m a monty hater. He showed up today though. I can’t deny that. Maybe I’m too hard on him. I don’t think he’s s anything special. Maybe I should give him a chance to grow though. I think the odds are against his favor and he’s just an average guy. I hope I’m wrong though and he can become something. He’s still kind of slow foooted, but whatever. We’ll see. I know Nagy doesn’t help him. I can still see despite that he looks slow footed.

Canth

Liked Posts:
With the way the Bears ended the half and then started the 2nd half, I had no expectations they would win that game. The fact they even had a shot to win it in overtime is amazing to me.

Obviously, the Wims stupidity followed by the int killed any chance of momentum on offense when they desperately needed it. I also did not understand the soft coverages being called against Drew Brees. That was literally calling a weakness into their strength.

But, I think the thing that frustrated me the most about today's game was the lack of any awareness of time management in the 4th quarter and to a degree overtime. It was mind boggling to me that there were running plays being called when the clock is not your friend. And not only that, but they were poorly executed running plays that had little to no chance of doing really anything.

This game, more than any other this year, has me seriously thinking they need to start over with all the personnel decision makers and the entire coaching staff. Any competent NFL Defensive Coordinator can take these guys and have a good to great defense. I do not believe there is anything special about Chuck Pagano. And as much as I wanted to believe in Matt Nagy, especially with the 5-1 start and the team playing hard for him, something has to change with his time management and play-calling. Assuming he stays stubborn about that and makes no serious changes in his and the offense's coaching execution, then I am starting to think it may actually be time to move on from him.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just don't understand how the coach or QB gets a delay of game
IKR?
My favorite is when they get a delay of game penalty following a time out! I mean how do you do that? Didn't they pick the Play on the sideline?
Also, how can the players not get aligned properly after 8 weeks of football?
Harry Heistadt and Hilfrich must have been so bad last year, that it is still effecting the Team after they have been fired!

mecha

Liked Posts:
undisciplined. there's no reason a professional athlete should do what Wims did. Aikman had a lot of great nuggets throughout the game. when he was "befuddled" I think the word was at the delay of game. I got into an argument over that because Aikman "should just shut up because he didn't say anything when Brady didn't know what down it was"... I said he's a hall of fame quarterback with 3 Super Bowl rings, he can weigh in on quarterback tomfoolery if he so chooses.

last few weeks there appears to be a lot of confusion when players are lining up on both sides of the ball. Foles helmet communication failing aside. I thought the dude played better when he called his own plays? why couldn't he Griese it there?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
There is no chance this is a playoff contender, and they’re getting swept by the Vikings and Packers.

Not true. We will be in the playoffs. Probably 10 wins, but get destroyed by a real team.

Another gift yesterday that the Bears couldn't take advantage of. Saints......outdoors........cold weather.............no Thomas or Sanders and they still couldn't win.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
This is my favorite thread of the day. I'll add my two cents.

Our offensive line is getting better via natural selection. By the end of the year we may have 5 new shiny pieces and we should be full throttle for our playoff stretch.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is my favorite thread of the day. I'll add my two cents.

Our offensive line is getting better via natural selection. By the end of the year we may have 5 new shiny pieces and we should be full throttle for our playoff stretch.
Yeah i was kinda surprised that the line seemed ta look a little bit better at times after the injuries

I thought the scrubs behind our starting scrubs were infinitely worse than the starting scrubs

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Defense when it falls off it'll be just like with Trestman. We got maybe 2 seasons left of this D. Bears will waste it. Get a new GM already.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Not true. We will be in the playoffs. Probably 10 wins, but get destroyed by a real team.

Another gift yesterday that the Bears couldn't take advantage of. Saints......outdoors........cold weather.............no Thomas or Sanders and they still couldn't win.
If they couldn’t beat the Saints without receivers, with a 40 years old QB, with a weak arm. At home in the cold? Who are they going to beat?

You can see how the Dolphins manhandled the Rams, and we got destroyed by the Rams, it wasn’t even close.
The Bears are a losing team, that got very lucky at the beginning of the season, that’s it. Not even a .500 team.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they couldn’t beat the Saints without receivers, with a 40 years old QB, with a weak arm. At home in the cold? Who are they going to beat?

You can see how the Dolphins manhandled the Rams, and we got destroyed by the Rams, it wasn’t even close.
The Bears are a losing team, that got very lucky at the beginning of the season, that’s it. Not even a .500 team.
I think they bounce back this weekend and get the W
6-3 is gonna be the title i fully expect too make for this thread next week