5 Executives Weigh in 1st QB NFL.com

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-wholl-be-first-qb-selected-in-2017-nfl-draft

Most NFL personnel departments are putting the final touches on their draft board in preparation for next week's draft (April 27-29 in Philadelphia). Before things get too hectic, I reached out to five executives to get their prediction on which quarterback will be the first one selected this year. Here are their responses:

Executive 1: Clemson's Deshaun Watson
"Watson should be the first QB to go next week. He's the most accomplished guy in the group and he's made of the right stuff."

Executive 2: Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes
"Good question. I think the answer could shock some people. (Mitchell) Trubisky is the popular choice but I really think it could be Mahomes. I know a couple teams that love him."

Executive 3: Watson
"Watson is my best guess. He has the best resume and he's competitive and resilient. I think everyone understands the offense will have to be built around his strong points. He isn't the most accurate guy, but he has the moxie, heart and intangibles you just can't coach."

Executive 4: Watson
"Watson is the most experienced and he has more good tape than the other quarterbacks. None of these guys are franchise-type, no-brainer picks, but he's the closest to what you'd want at the position."

Executive 5: North Carolina's Mitchell Trubisky
"I think it will end up being Trubisky. He's the safest player in the group."

Summary: Three votes for Watson and one apiece for Mahomes and Trubisky.

Conclusion: These results were very surprising. I thought there would be at least 3 votes for Trubisky, but that wasn't the case. I have Watson as my top quarterback but I'd still list Trubisky as the slight favorite to be the first quarterback off the board. The Mahomes hype is real. I've heard his name come up with a bunch of teams over the last few weeks and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being the second signal-caller selected. It's impossible to predict where these guys will end up going, and that's going to make for a very intriguing first round next Thursday night.

Follow Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter @MoveTheSticks.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I still think Mahomes' stock will fall off a little in the next week. I'd still be shocked if he goes in the top ten or goes before Watson or Trubisky and no way he's the first QB off the board. He's got some great tools to work with though no doubt.

It's incredible how far Kizer has fallen in a year.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I still think Mahomes' stock will fall off a little in the next week. I'd still be shocked if he goes in the top ten or goes before Watson or Trubisky and no way he's the first QB off the board. He's got some great tools to work with though no doubt.

Kizer was 3rd on my list to start the offseason with mahomes 4th now. I have Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes all interchangable.

Mahomes for me moved up so much because off his extreme work ethic and how much he's improving with his mechanics already as noted by the scouts at the combine and his pro day. Once drafted he'll meet with coaches and get specifics on what to work on until training camp, he still needs a year with some garbage time game action before he starts though IMO.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pretty much Watson been my first choice from the beginning but would be happy with trubisky also. Mahomes another cutler

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Pretty much Watson been my first choice from the beginning but would be happy with trubisky also. Mahomes another cutler

I'll take a pre Chicago Cutler, with a much better attitude and body language and whos accepting to change.

If Jay and Shanahan both stay in Denver who knows what happens.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Mahomes to Bears at #3

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-wholl-be-first-qb-selected-in-2017-nfl-draft

Most NFL personnel departments are putting the final touches on their draft board in preparation for next week's draft (April 27-29 in Philadelphia). Before things get too hectic, I reached out to five executives to get their prediction on which quarterback will be the first one selected this year. Here are their responses:

Executive 1: Clemson's Deshaun Watson
"Watson should be the first QB to go next week. He's the most accomplished guy in the group and he's made of the right stuff."

Executive 2: Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes
"Good question. I think the answer could shock some people. (Mitchell) Trubisky is the popular choice but I really think it could be Mahomes. I know a couple teams that love him."

Executive 3: Watson
"Watson is my best guess. He has the best resume and he's competitive and resilient. I think everyone understands the offense will have to be built around his strong points. He isn't the most accurate guy, but he has the moxie, heart and intangibles you just can't coach."

Executive 4: Watson
"Watson is the most experienced and he has more good tape than the other quarterbacks. None of these guys are franchise-type, no-brainer picks, but he's the closest to what you'd want at the position."

Executive 5: North Carolina's Mitchell Trubisky
"I think it will end up being Trubisky. He's the safest player in the group."

Summary: Three votes for Watson and one apiece for Mahomes and Trubisky.

Conclusion: These results were very surprising. I thought there would be at least 3 votes for Trubisky, but that wasn't the case. I have Watson as my top quarterback but I'd still list Trubisky as the slight favorite to be the first quarterback off the board. The Mahomes hype is real. I've heard his name come up with a bunch of teams over the last few weeks and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being the second signal-caller selected. It's impossible to predict where these guys will end up going, and that's going to make for a very intriguing first round next Thursday night.

Follow Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter @MoveTheSticks.

That's just 5 executives out of i don't know how many but a bunch of them so not shocked that Watson got the most votes out of 5 execs. I agree most with what exec #3 said about Watson.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
People are sleeping on Peterman. I think he's going to be solid. Perhaps really good.

Peterman has the worse completion percentage of the top QB when under pressure @42.5%. He has good mechanics but if asked to throw with less than ideal time, he can't do it well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Peterman has the worse completion percentage of the top QB when under pressure @42.5%. He has good mechanics but if asked to throw with less than ideal time, he can't do it well.

Same said of the 2016 #1 pick in the draft

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He also has the least amount of surrounding talent. If he was on the most talented team in the NCAA, Clemson, then i predict his numbers would get a huge boost. Hell, he might even learn the special "it" factor.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

But can he unleash da dragon?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think there is a big drop off from Mitchell Trubisky to Nathan Peterman.

There is. He has the worst physical tools of any of the top Qbs.

There is less of a drop off from Marshon Lattimore to Fabian Moreau

You are going to get a better CB in round 3 than you are a QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I want the most repeatedly accurate QB in the draft. I think that is Trubisky. The most accurate QB is usually always the better pro.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd pick Watson right now if I had to choose. The rest I'm not too hot on in the 1st round. If the rest go to a great coaching staff (Saints/Cards/Chargers) and train for 2 years they all (Trubisky/Kizer/Mahomes) could be great QB's the other 2 (Peterman/Kaaya) could be good as well... Problem is, Bears do not have a great coaching staff in place on offense. Watson could do some work in The Hobbits offense right off the bat, take Glennon's job after a few games into the season and would have the team rally around him.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are sleeping on Peterman. I think he's going to be solid. Perhaps really good.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's because he is a 3rd to 4th round talent. Peterman couldn't beat out Dobbs when he was at Tennessee so he transfered to Pitt. So now he is suppose to be some top level QB? Same thing for Webb who transfered from TT because he lost his spot to Mahomes. Don't over think it and try to find some non diamond in the rough. Please Pace shoot for the top talent QBs not the left overs. Only in Bears land.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
"He isn't the most accurate guy, but he has the moxie""

"he has more good tape than the other quarterbacks"

"He's the safest player"

My take away is it seems, if this is a representative sampling, that no one loves these guys.

Could we see no QB taken before 20 next Thursday?