5 Observations from 1st Practice with Pads

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Training camp for a new offense with a new head coach...you know...that time of the year when you're supposed to be making your mistakes. People are batshit crazy if they actually think this wasn't going to look rough around the edges right now. They haven't even begun tackling yet. That is next practice. Put on your big boy panties boyos. Its going to be a rough ride.

Not to mention everyone seems to expect Trubisky to have the same success that Goff and Wentz did in year two. That's probably not going to happen, those dudes had years of starts in college and were way ahead of Trubisky in terms of experience. People just need to pump the brakes a bit and realize we are not going to be breaking any offensive records.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No it's not. Quit being over dramatic already.

Dramatic with Trubs? Probably so.

But to draw conclusions from:

Acho beating Massie--- big nothing
Prince shutting down 2 shitty WR's--more of the same
White getting stripped--no surprise here
Kwiatkowski--more of the same

you are correct, this is being over-dramatic on Trub's struggles but the other developments are worthless.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe we shouldn't have anything to read until the season starts.

Would it make people happy to read:

Trubisky unable to pick up the offense, season wasted.
Kyle Long not in pads tday because he ignored the Dr.s last season and played video games instead of rehabbing.
Massie let Acho beat him in a drill. Cut his ass now.
Kyle Fuller Peanut punches ball out of Whites grip. What a bust!
Another great white hype receiver will be snatched off of waivers. Fucking Pace!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Last year, I thought Fox's game planning wasn't so much handcuffing Trubisky as much as it was masking his inexperience. We'll see this year...

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Last year, I thought Fox's game planning wasn't so much handcuffing Trubisky as much as it was masking his inexperience. We'll see this year...

The bears were in the bottom half or less on plays out of the shotgun. Something trubisky would’ve been more comfortable with, and a formation that Howard has great success running out of.

Why not run out of the shotgun when:
A. It benefits the QB
B. It benefits the RB
C. Literally everyone else is doing it

napo55

Liked Posts:

Well, the only way to get experience is to go out there and do it, make mistakes, and learn from them.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only people that need to put on "big boy panties" are ones that spent the offseason building unrealistic expectations.

That is a fact.

AussieBear

The only people that need to put on "big boy panties" are ones that spent the offseason building unrealistic expectations.

so losing duh sb is unrealistic... i was saving me sb win expectations fer yr 2 of the new new rebuild.....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The bears were in the bottom half or less on plays out of the shotgun. Something trubisky would’ve been more comfortable with, and a formation that Howard has great success running out of.

Why not run out of the shotgun when:
A. It benefits the QB
B. It benefits the RB
C. Literally everyone else is doing it

To Loggains credit, he did say he was interested in developing Trubs from all-around rather than just running what he was comfortable with. For a guy that knew he was probably going to be fired at season's end if they struggled, that's commendable. Kurt Warner also commentated that they did not simplify everything for Trubs. Might be a longer road to development for Trubs than what O'Brien did for Watson, which was he basically implemented his college playbook into 75% of Houston's offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to what I have seen, Trubisky was much sharper the second day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
To Loggains credit, he did say he was interested in developing Trubs from all-around rather than just running what he was comfortable with. For a guy that knew he was probably going to be fired at season's end if they struggled, that's commendable. Kurt Warner also commentated that they did not simplify everything for Trubs. Might be a longer road to development for Trubs than what O'Brien did for Watson, which was he basically implemented his college playbook into 75% of Houston's offense.

I could definitely be wrong on this but from my understanding a lot of the college concepts are being adopted by NFL teams. Teams are running WAY more shotgun than before, and the RPO concept is being played far more in the NFL than ever before. Old school mentality would say that an NFL QB has to take snaps from under center, and blah blah blah. Not only are RPO's and the shotgun positions that are run more in college, but they are now also being run more by successful NFL teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_HYcbWMNw
This video breaks down a bit about RPO's and lists the top 5 teams that ran them.

The eagles lead the league followed by the chiefs and packers. After the superbowl champs you have 2 pretty damn successful offenses. It seems counter intuitive to me to say lets make Trubisky take snaps from under center because 'thats how the NFL works.' I don't think that last years offense set Trubisky back, but it certainly didn't do him or the team any favors. Last year's offense is not a system that was designed for Trubisky, and any QB in the league would have been set back with such a disparaging number of run to pass play calls. Not only is the shotgun formation something Trubisky is more comfortable with, but the shotgun and RPO plays seem to be pretty damn successful in the NFL general. Why the fuck would you not run the offense that won the superbowl last year with Nick Foles as QB. Not to mention the success of this play calling in the NFL, but it is also what your QB is built to do.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I never felt like Loggains hurt Mitch at all. I did think the play calling sequencing with so few early passes that was obviously dictated by Fox didn't help.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I could definitely be wrong on this but from my understanding a lot of the college concepts are being adopted by NFL teams. Teams are running WAY more shotgun than before, and the RPO concept is being played far more in the NFL than ever before. Old school mentality would say that an NFL QB has to take snaps from under center, and blah blah blah. Not only are RPO's and the shotgun positions that are run more in college, but they are now also being run more by successful NFL teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_HYcbWMNw
This video breaks down a bit about RPO's and lists the top 5 teams that ran them.

The eagles lead the league followed by the chiefs and packers. After the superbowl champs you have 2 pretty damn successful offenses. It seems counter intuitive to me to say lets make Trubisky take snaps from under center because 'thats how the NFL works.' I don't think that last years offense set Trubisky back, but it certainly didn't do him or the team any favors. Last year's offense is not a system that was designed for Trubisky, and any QB in the league would have been set back with such a disparaging number of run to pass play calls. Not only is the shotgun formation something Trubisky is more comfortable with, but the shotgun and RPO plays seem to be pretty damn successful in the NFL general. Why the fuck would you not run the offense that won the superbowl last year with Nick Foles as QB. Not to mention the success of this play calling in the NFL, but it is also what your QB is built to do.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

He needs to be able to do everything and since he wasn't under center before last year, needed those reps in a bad way. RPO seems somewhat bullet proof but history has shown Ds catch up so it's always good to be able to switch up when needed. I'm very happy with the new O but also don't want to be limited. It's not THAT limiting by design but the more you have in your bag of tricks, the better off you are.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We really making judgements after 2 practices in a new scheme during a rain storm. Well that does not sound silly at all.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really making judgements after 2 practices in a new scheme during a rain storm. Well that does not sound silly at all.

The optimists are looking for something positive. The haters are looking for something negative. There are some just looking without a lot of judgement as it is still so early. In speaks as much to some people’s outlook. Right now the glass can easily be half full as half empty. No serious injuries is all I really care about through camp and pre-season. I’ll judge the team’s performance from what I see when the season starts. Right now it is just an intriguing process.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
The optimists are looking for something positive. The haters are looking for something negative. There are some just looking without a lot of judgement as it is still so early. In speaks as much to some people’s outlook. Right now the glass can easily be half full as half empty. No serious injuries is all I really care about through camp and pre-season. I’ll judge the team’s performance from what I see when the season starts. Right now it is just an intriguing process.

giphy.gif

That's the shit I'm on. FUCK IT!!!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The optimists are looking for something positive. The haters are looking for something negative.

There is no such thing as a hater on this board, we're all Bears fans and all want the Bears to win. The scale, imo, goes from heavy homerism (dabears70, sugarwalls, etc) on one side to cynical pessimism (shoopster, billwade, etc) on the other.

In the middle is the straight shooting objective realism (bearmick, etc) that every forum needs.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
There is no such thing as a hater on this board, we're all Bears fans and all want the Bears to win. The scale, imo, goes from heavy homerism (dabears70, sugarwalls, etc) on one side to cynical pessimism (shoopster, billwade, etc) on the other.

In the middle is the straight shooting objective realism (bearmick, etc) that every forum needs.

:trollbisky: