Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read the article and some of those descriptions are questionable.

"While he is fast and tall, he lacks the strength needed to win against physical cornerbacks and can get bullied at the point of attack when he can’t get by on height and speed alone."

Watson not strong enough? 6'4" WR with long arms does 18 reps at his Pro day. That would have been #2 at the Combine. He also left press in the dust at SB practice. WTF?

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm all in on Watson if he's there but Erik Ezukanma is intriguing to me. It's a name I haven't heard before. This from his scouting report:

"... had 13 catches for 322 yards and a touchdown in his first two games. After some inconsistent quarterback play in Lubbock, Ezukanma’s production lowered for the rest of the year. Because of this, he has flown under the radar in the pre-draft process. However, Ezukanma has shown flashes that are worth looking at in terms of a projection in this draft. "

Plus at 6'2" and 210 he seems to have the tools the Bears are looking for. Late round flyer maybe.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm all in on Watson if he's there but Erik Ezukanma is intriguing to me. It's a name I haven't heard before. This from his scouting report:

"... had 13 catches for 322 yards and a touchdown in his first two games. After some inconsistent quarterback play in Lubbock, Ezukanma’s production lowered for the rest of the year. Because of this, he has flown under the radar in the pre-draft process. However, Ezukanma has shown flashes that are worth looking at in terms of a projection in this draft. "

Plus at 6'2" and 210 he seems to have the tools the Bears are looking for. Late round flyer maybe.
I just learned about him yesterday. There are a lot of WRs who are intriguing in this draft. I would add Danny Gray as another ultra-fast tall WR who could be had in day 3, but he would be a project.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chrisitian Watson, please.
Excessive clicks piss me off...

this list is shit because no Danny Gray, whom I have officially adopted for the Bears....which means he'll wind up on Tennessee or something...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yah, WR has become a deep position. Just hope this staff picks well. Less concerned about where though you expect day 2 with 3 picks before 80.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:

Haven’t looked at the article, but I’d prefer Ezukanma over guys like Tyquan Thornton, Danny Gray, Bo Melton. I just really appreciate his mix of contact balance / size / speed / physicality.

Still, I’d probably wait until the sixth to take a second receiver.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Chrisitian Watson, please.
Yeah Watson is probably my 1st choice at WR in the whole draft.
Thornton is a poor mans Jameson Williams,
Ezukanma's is a poor man's DK. Metcalf
No Wan'Dale too short arms with too small body
Calvin Austin no remember A. miller too clearly my problem he's probably totally different person.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Haven’t looked at the article, but I’d prefer Ezukanma over guys like Tyquan Thornton, Danny Gray, Bo Melton. I just really appreciate his mix of contact balance / size / speed / physicality.

Still, I’d probably wait until the sixth to take a second receiver.
Fair. Not sure I'd take him over Melton or Gray though. If they get to the 6th round without taking their 2nd receiver, and every other viable option is gone, I could see them drafting him. Wait and see I guess.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah Watson is probably my 1st choice at WR in the whole draft.
Thornton is a poor mans Jameson Williams,
Ezukanma's is a poor man's DK. Metcalf
No Wan'Dale too short arms with too small body
Calvin Austin no remember A. miller too clearly my problem he's probably totally different person.
Wow. There's a lot of poor takes to break down here

DickButkus97

Liked Posts:
What no love at all for Jalen Nailor? Good program MSU and lots of production in yards and tuddies . Guy is fast and ok has had injuries but he comes at lower cost than Pickens and Williams for example.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly wouldn't mind if they don't take a WR til the 3rd, or even none at all on day 2.
1649924814916.png

I know, I know....Bear with me ?...Since it's such a deep draft for WRs, there's likely to be higher value talent going later than graded in other positions. Bears have MANY holes to fill at some point, whether it's now or next offseason with a full draft card and tons of cap space. This is exactly the time to take mid-late Rd (even UDFA) fliers for little to no risk! Grab OL, CB, S if the value is there. Shit, they have so many camp spots to fill, why not pull a little Kicker contest again, but for WRs?? See who sticks and shows promise to be coached up. Bears aren't expected to be contenders or SB bound this season anyhow. Just my 2cents FWIW.

Also, b/c it's a deep WR draft, some talent/upside will be there later on after the WR needy teams reach for their draft crushes. Let's hope Poles is also good at finding those gems who fall due to shit QB play, injury, and even (gasp)...smaller schools! That said, I DO hope they get at least one high-end WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Just saying if not, it's okay and makes sense in a different path to retooling. No need for dick-ripping. (not that it's ever stopped CCS from imploding). ?

Let's all hope & pray this coaching staff can actually develop talent for once in our meager lives as neglected Bears fans. ???

bufordht

Liked Posts:
"An easy argument can be made that the Chicago Bears do not have a speedy threat in their wide receiver group as the roster stands right now."

I didn't read much past this.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A lot of teams are reportedly targeting George Pickens late in the 2nd.

If the Bears pass on Pickens with their second round picks, how many dicks are getting ripped off here?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
x
I honestly wouldn't mind if they don't take a WR til the 3rd, or even none at all on day 2.
View attachment 18954

I know, I know....Bear with me ?...Since it's such a deep draft for WRs, there's likely to be higher value talent going later than graded in other positions. Bears have MANY holes to fill at some point, whether it's now or next offseason with a full draft card and tons of cap space. This is exactly the time to take mid-late Rd (even UDFA) fliers for little to no risk! Grab OL, CB, S if the value is there. Shit, they have so many camp spots to fill, why not pull a little Kicker contest again, but for WRs?? See who sticks and shows promise to be coached up. Bears aren't expected to be contenders or SB bound this season anyhow. Just my 2cents FWIW.

Also, b/c it's a deep WR draft, some talent/upside will be there later on after the WR needy teams reach for their draft crushes. Let's hope Poles is also good at finding those gems who fall due to shit QB play, injury, and even (gasp)...smaller schools! That said, I DO hope they get at least one high-end WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Just saying if not, it's okay and makes sense in a different path to retooling. No need for dick-ripping. (not that it's ever stopped CCS from imploding). ?

Let's all hope & pray this coaching staff can actually develop talent for once in our meager lives as neglected Bears fans. ???
You can talk about developing talent at any position. I think you can stretch that WR into round 3 but not further if you want a good hope of him becoming your #1. I know there's always guys that slip through the cracks but those are as much luck as skill picks. That may be different for a team with fewer needs and more picks doubling up on positions but the bear have a ton of needs and fewer picks.