5Dimes betting site shut down

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just found out via an email from them supposedly claiming to be re-entering the scene legally in the near future.
Good thing nothing substantial beyond some cheapo futures. Kiss anything you might've had with them goodbye

Now reading some crazy things about the owner being kidnapped, ransomed for $1mil Bitcoin and killed. The dates of the shut down are also shady as hell. Accepting MLB & NBA season bet losses, but shutting down right before the biggest open bets are finalized to be paid!?

Best Theory We've Seen Regarding 5Dimes Abrupt Shutdown Notice

If you had/have $$ in an account with them, this is all you get: 5Dimes Refund Administration - Site Under Construction

2020-10-01_17h53_08.png

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Saw this.. looks like they are going legal?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw this.. looks like they are going legal?

That's the claim. IMHO it doesn't look good. IF going legal, it would surely need to be a new US company that is using 5Dimes' customer list and remaining scraps, b/c it sure smells foul, given the timing and the way they closed up. I suppose it's their right, and ability to do so, but pretty shitty IMO.

AlexHanes

Content writer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Baltimore Orioles
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Atlanta Falcons
  1. Anaheim Ducks
Damn, that's too bad I really used that one... currently I tried BetAmerica you might like it?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update: I responded to one of the emails I got about the 5Dimes resolution, clicked the link, put in the code from the email, and got a refund check for $137 today. The legal team handling the refunds was legit. I cleared out most of my balance after last season, but nice to get this back now too.

Now about that Ticketmaster suit that resulted in 14 free ticket credits to shows that NEVER had availability to use them...?