670 or 1000

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
670 easily. Mac and Parkins is the best show in town, and McKnight has really taken the asshat edge off Bernstein. It's nice to be able to listen to him again after he got completely insufferable with Goff.
This ^

670 obviously lost some of its allure after B&B became not a thing anymore, but it's still a far superior product overall compared to 1000 because it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I guess this would fall under the "personal opinion" category, but I find sports talk shows or podcasts that take themselves too seriously and don't incorporate any humor whatsoever to be entirely too cringy to 'enjoy'. After all, we're talking about football/sports here. It's a game. It's supposed to be enjoyed imo, gotta have a lighthearted nature about it.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mac and Boers was the best radio I have ever heard on the Score. I thought I liked Mac and Park until Boers filled in. That was a phenomenal listen and I hated Boers with Bernstein.

I go back and forth between both 670 and 1000.
Of course you didn't like B&B, go figure.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mac is fun with Boers for a couple of days, but Boers stopped watching sports around 2008 (read his book, he freely admits is) and it's all just a big "remember when" show. They have good chemistry though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mac is fun with Boers for a couple of days, but Boers stopped watching sports around 2008 (read his book, he freely admits is) and it's all just a big "remember when" show. They have good chemistry though.

I haven't listened in a few months. Is Boers on regularly again with Mac? What's going on with Parkins?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Of course you didn't like B&B, go figure.

Not a fan of liberal talk in general but liberal talk on what’s supposed to be sports radio, fucking shoot me.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of liberal talk in general but liberal talk on what’s supposed to be sports radio, fucking shoot me.
???

I guess if you consider staging Bears meatballs on air and then making soundbites out of them to be considered 'liberal', I could see your frustration. For the other thousands and thousands of us listeners who enjoyed the show for years, we just found it funny. I never even considered political affiliation with any of it, why would you, seems like quite the jump and frankly a bit ridiculous.

It was a satirical sports show that was over the top on purpose. Perhaps you don't understand how satire works. Or maybe you're just a snowflake.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I get that the only person I’m smarter than on here is @Omeletpants, but what the hell is the difference between liberal talk and conservative talk on sports radio

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
???

I guess if you consider staging Bears meatballs on air and then making soundbites out of them to be considered 'liberal', I could see your frustration. For the other thousands and thousands of us listeners who enjoyed the show for years, we just found it funny. I never even considered political affiliation with any of it, why would you, seems like quite the jump and frankly a bit ridiculous.

It was a satirical sports show that was over the top on purpose. Perhaps you don't understand how satire works. Or maybe you're just a snowflake.

You pick some weird shit to get sensitive about. I’m well aware of their bit. I was referencing any time they weren’t talking sports which was too often for my taste. I think Bernstein is a soft little twat. Perhaps, you like to listen to twats.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I live down south. 90% of sports talk radio is about SEC football. Least informed people regarding the NFL. I remember when the Falcons signed Ray Edwards from Minny. They thought they were Superbowl bound.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You seem like a fun person to be around.
???

Conservatives usually don’t understand satire.
I get that the only person I’m smarter than on here is @Omeletpants, but what the hell is the difference between liberal talk and conservative talk on sports radio

Actually you’re probably smarter than 85% of the people on here.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You seem like a fun person to be around.

Conservatives usually don’t understand satire.

Actually you’re probably smarter than 85% of the people on here.

@Novak would love to listen to you talk...

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which do you prefer?

Did it occur to you to create a POLL for this thread?

*EDIT* Nevermind. Derailing into political flame wars anyway. (CCS offseason for ya)

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
670 obviously lost some of its allure after B&B became not a thing anymore, but it's still a far superior product overall compared to 1000 because it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Not sure if B&B was ever a thing. ESPN stole half the market share by merely existing and running syndicated programming. Kind of odd when you consider all the revisionist history of "loyal listeners to the Score"...I guess people listened to idiots like Mike North simply because they had no other option. I found it hilarious that Terry Boers put out a book...that must have been the nicheiest of niche markets in publishing history.

I remember when Mac/Jurko/Harry on ESPN surpassed B&B in the evening commute listenership numbers, 670 started changing up the station. I don't have an affinity for either station...I listen to 670 Mully/Haugh on my drive to work, but the afternoon/evening shows on both stations are unlistenable. I think its strange that, despite the competition, neither station really does much innovation. They both seem content to divide the market...Mac shuffles back and forth, Carmen DeFalco is still employed, Jurkovic still doesn't watch sports, Dan Bernstein manages to get on the air for a couple hours (perhaps to avert a lawsuit)...such stagnation.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if B&B was ever a thing. ESPN stole half the market share by merely existing and running syndicated programming. Kind of odd when you consider all the revisionist history of "loyal listeners to the Score"...I guess people listened to idiots like Mike North simply because they had no other option. I found it hilarious that Terry Boers put out a book...that must have been the nicheiest of niche markets in publishing history.

I remember when Mac/Jurko/Harry on ESPN surpassed B&B in the evening commute listenership numbers, 670 started changing up the station. I don't have an affinity for either station...I listen to 670 Mully/Haugh on my drive to work, but the afternoon/evening shows on both stations are unlistenable. I think its strange that, despite the competition, neither station really does much innovation. They both seem content to divide the market...Mac shuffles back and forth, Carmen DeFalco is still employed, Jurkovic still doesn't watch sports, Dan Bernstein manages to get on the air for a couple hours (perhaps to avert a lawsuit)...such stagnation.
Not sure when this was but based on the Arbitron data B&B was a huge winner for the Score for years. Waddle & Silvy never came close to touching them. B & B was far and away the most popular sports talk show in the market. It was never really close. When Boers left it took a nose dive.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This ^

I guess this would fall under the "personal opinion" category, but I find sports talk shows or podcasts that take themselves too seriously and don't incorporate any humor whatsoever to be entirely too cringy to 'enjoy'. After all, we're talking about football/sports here. It's a game. It's supposed to be enjoyed imo, gotta have a lighthearted nature about it.
That's what got Bernstein and Goff shitcanned.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boers and Bernstein was the best sports radio show this city has had in 20 years. Boers and McNeil prior to B&B.

If Terry didn't get jaw cancer they probably would still be on the air today.