7[238] Bears draft CB Stephen Denmark

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Definitely a hitter too. That big, moving that fast...Beast out on kickoff team then who knows.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Disaster of a pick. This man is too big, too fast. He can hardly fit on a football field. What was Pace thinking?
If this guy was so good, why did he even have to go to college? Everyone knows that real players go straight from high school.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pagano project.

This exactly. And this is a good time to bring up some discussions about Pagano we had this off-season. Specifically I am referring to Pagano's preference for and experimentation with "big nickel."

The only thing better than 3 safeties for this is a hybrid nickel/safety like this with great size and length. This player would have been among Pagano's interest for that third roamer position in certain situations. He is perfect for Pagano and if his weaknesses are mental...the Bears and Pagano specifically want to try to fix them and let his body shine.

Along with Ridley, and Montgomery,

this is a small, weird, but still physical and motivated little draft class that fits the team well and probably have high character. They ended up getting a couple of second round picks probably, and took a couple hail marries with Singletaries back-up who they would have seen on film watching whole games...and this Denmark project to train at big nickel situations while enhancing Special teams.

I like the kick returner pick. I love Ridley, and I still haven't seen Montgomery play.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Very intriguing player. Probably practice squad material until he develops and gains experience. Also looks like he could be a damn good special teams player with that kind of raw size and speed. I like his physicality.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If this guy can put in the work and dedication, he could stick to the 53 as a STer while learning the nuances of defense for a couple years. Use him sparingly as a blitzer in dime packages

baredown

Liked Posts:
I don't think so. He is the ideal person to cover the Hybrid TE like Kelce or Ertz. Height and speed.

THIS! While Denmark may be a long, long way from being an every down or nickel/dime DB, he might not be that far away from being able to man up on those dominant hybrid TEs in 3rd down situations. A lot of NFL offenses have become pretty dependent on dumping underneath to their hybrid TE(s) in 3rd-and-medium situations because of the matchup problems for the defense. Anyone who can man up with those hybrid TEs, and help make the critical 3rd down conversions more difficult, has a shot at a roster spot. Not saying Denmark will end up doing that, but it is a very plausible path to the 53 for him...

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hell, put him on the edge or launch him through gaps.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pagano has been salivating ever since we signed HaHa and now he has Denmark to groom. Afterall, this has always been Pagano's forte and the UDFAs we have signed support him having a BIG influence on looking at those 90 and taking his idea of Best from them for his purposes. I am totally Jacked that they have given Pagano so many DBs to look at And Hiestand so many Oline to work with

Last edited:

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
He is a freak, if this is how he plays 1 year as a CB count me impressed. He has a lot to learn but you can't teach his size, speed, hard hitting

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If this guy was so good, why did he even have to go to college? Everyone knows that real players go straight from high school.
I think that Adrian Peterson could have made the jump straight to the pros from high school.