7 Wins In A Row

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Plus, they're catching a break with Palmer out. That said, Lions are an historically bad team.

Yet, we have lost our last 2 match-ups and currently reside 4 games behind them in the NFCN. And I didn't think i could feel any worse. Thanks PIB, thanks a lot. :angryfinger:

The Lions have had some pretty good teams in their history, especially in the 90s, they went to the playoffs 6 of 9 years and they even made the NFC championship game once. Strangely, despite some dominate teams/eras, they obviously had a knack for losing close playoff games.

then they spiraled out of control with some historically bad performances, they reached a point of critical mass then sucked for 10 years. Can we please not mock that? We are teetering on the brink ourselves and we don't need bad karma building up that could end up being what pushes us over the edge.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The odds of the Bears winning 7 games in a row, is 2 to the 7th power or 1/128, which is well less than 1%. And that would be if we had a 50% chance of winning each game, which we don't.

Bears have about a 50/50 shot of beating Minnesota at home, 50/50 shot on the road, 1/10 shot against Detroit in both games, 3/10 against New Orleans, 6/10 shot against Tampa, 3/10 against Dallas.

To assess these odds, we will start with the two coin flip games against the vikings; 1/4 shot that the Bears win both of those games.

The two games against detroit will be 1/100 to win both of them

Dallas and New Orleans collectively will command a 1/10 chance to win both.

Plus the 6/10 odds of beating Tampa.

I think that calculates to something crazy like 1 in 6000 odds.

I base this entirely off of made up statistics and drunk math.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying it's going to happen but if we somehow miraculously win 7 in a row will we make the playoffs at 10-6? I see us beating Minnesota and Tampa Bay and with a little momentum who knows what can happen.

well if they pull their heads out their asses this year (which i highly doubt) maybe they can pull off what the chargers did a few years ago. where they started like shit and won the rest of their games to make the playoffs..but again i highly doubt it, since tucker is a moron etc.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If the Bears won all the rest of their games, they still would probably miss the playoffs. It's over.

Nah they would make it in. They would be 9-3 in the nfc with head to head over SF, Dallas, Detroit, NO. If they win out pretty sure the only way the wouldn't be in is if all the playoff teams finished 11-5 or better.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
large.gif

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
IDK, I'd have to have some of what you're smoking to even imagine that.
No shit..that's an huge amount of dopamine being excreted there lol..7 wins in a row?..I'm on board..historically bad to historically great SB win..coaches of the year...Cutler HOF...pass me some of that chit..

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
We got the Bucs this week. No way those clowns Lovie and McCown will come into Soldier and beat us!

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying it's going to happen but if we somehow miraculously win 7 in a row will we make the playoffs at 10-6? I see us beating Minnesota and Tampa Bay and with a little momentum who knows what can happen.

I like the enthusiasm. Will it happen? Probably not, but I like your approach and I often like to consider myself optimistic. If anything it makes the season more exciting to have a little hope then to just give up. Those fans that hope for a 4-12 record I don't understand how they can hope for that. I can never hope for a Bears loss that's just boring as hell. I hold on to my small sliver of hope as it makes the season more interesting rather than giving up on all hope and being completely miserable. After all watching football and rooting for a team is suppose to be fun.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the players will carry Lovie out of their shoulders like the Lions did lol

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
We got the Bucs this week. No way those clowns Lovie and McCown will come into Soldier and beat us!
We are not that good of a football team but we are better than Lovie and McCown and company but then we gotta face the Lions and their great D and the first placeTony Romo Cowboys.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
This is how it would really play out.

The Bears somehow manage to win the next 5 games, they are tied with some other team for the final playoff spot, all they have to do is beat the Vikings in the last game.......any bets on what happens?

Darkman

Liked Posts:

The Bears somehow manage to win the next 5 games, they are tied with some other team for the final playoff spot, all they have to do is beat the Vikings in the last game.......any bets on what happens?

Probably fuck around and lose that game

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:

Some advice. Don't bet on the Bears.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Yes fuckmariota The next great Oregon bust.
Ans some mocks have him going first a overall, which we wont be drafting in that position. He will be long gone before we draft.