7 Wins In A Row

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Not saying it's going to happen but if we somehow miraculously win 7 in a row will we make the playoffs at 10-6? I see us beating Minnesota and Tampa Bay and with a little momentum who knows what can happen.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please, God, no . . .

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
well...though i have doubts the bears can win any games given how they've played the last two games, they should be able to beat the vikings and bucs at home. again, i don't feel confident saying that.

if they do that, they head into detroit which seems like an almost certain loss-though i don't think the lions are as good as their record at this point.

then a 3 game home stretch vs. the cowboys, saints and lions again. i'd be pretty surprised to, even if they do somehow manage to right the ship, winning more then one of those games. it's the NFL, so you figure one of those games it's possible the bears could steal.

so i see them at best at this point at 6-9 heading into a meaningless game in minnesota.

i might have some confidence that they could turn it around if both the head coach and defensive coordinator hadn't adamantly rejected any notion of changing what they're doing on their respective sides of the ball. i expect a 5-11 or 6-10 record when all is said and done.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
pollyanna.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's so hard to fathom that right now but ... that would be one hell of a 7-week ride.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Remember when we got throttled 55-23 or something close to that on Thanksgiving of 97??? Yeah, I can see that happening again this Thanksgiving.

engbear

Liked Posts:
Don't see any way we make playoffs even at 10-6( we are not getting near 10-6) . Tirroco said if Detroit can take 1 from Zona or New England then they could go on to be top seed in NFC.
They got us twice , Vikes, Tampa Bay and Pack. It would be within their reach. Packers may need wildcard to get in.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't see any way we make playoffs even at 10-6( we are not getting near 10-6) . Tirroco said if Detroit can take 1 from Zona or New England then they could go on to be top seed in NFC.
They got us twice , Vikes, Tampa Bay and Pack. It would be within their reach. Packers may need wildcard to get in.

Plus, they're catching a break with Palmer out. That said, Lions are an historically bad Road/Grass team.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
If the Bears put two wins together and then have some momentum going into the third and pull it off, it could do a lot to push them on going forward.

I know people like to talk about Xs and Os and in the other breath talk of motivation, confidence, hope , etc, but all of these are necessary for sucess. It is not meatball fandom to suggest there needs to be an increase in motivation and momentum. And while these are "Pros" they are also humans that are impacted by emotion.

Put together a few wins and get some energy into this team and it could happen. A coach needs to be exceptionally skilled at scheming, teaching and executing Xs and Os, but an NFL coach is also a leader of men and to do that well, you have to increase motivational elements like optimism, confidence and other psychological elements relevant to winning and sucess. Nothing cures a case of loseritis like a strong dose of #winning.

Will it happen? I must say, I have my doubts. Can it happen? Without question.

engbear

Liked Posts:
Still can't see us beating them even at home on grass. In the dome on thanksgiving it could get ugly.
It's ironic how we were historically bad against the run last year and have improved in that regard and now the pass defence is a train wreck. I have us losing this week in OT.
Conte is not an NFL safety, Mundy is regressing even Jennings has been disappointing . Pass rush is so inconsistent it's a joke. I could go on ...

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i might have some confidence that they could turn it around if both the head coach and defensive coordinator hadn't adamantly rejected any notion of changing what they're doing on their respective sides of the ball. i expect a 5-11 or 6-10 record when all is said and done.

This could be a smoke screen though. You know, like the "moving Cutler out of the pocket against the Packers" that we heard last week which I saw none of. (I however stopped watching at halftime)