Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those too young to remember, see why this team is revered and don't believe those that hate on McMahon. Watch how he plays with a ding (seemingly always :rolleyes: ). Dent understandably got MVP because he represented the D but Jimmy was the best player on the field that day.

I can't remember if it was this game but you may see the 1st hike and spike to stop the clock before it was an accepted rule. It may not have been this game but spiking the ball to stop the clock was not an allowed rule until 1993 and McMahon was the 1st I saw to use it near the goal line with the clock running out. It could/should be call grounding. Refs were confused when Jimmy did it and he got away with it.

Last edited:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would someone want to watch a 35 year old football game?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fortunately, more ask that about reading your posts. Answer was in the post. Point of reference for those that haven't seen them or those that need or would like a refresher on a team that is a contender for best ever.

What sports do you recommend that I watch tomorrow? NASCAR or Golf. I mean, they're so different to watch than 35 years ago. :rolleyes:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why wouldn’t they?
Apparently NBC feels that way and why they're showing an old low def game at 2pm on their lead outlet.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Apparently NBC feels that way and why they're showing an old low def game at 2pm on their lead outlet.
I bet he watches old Kansas City Chiefs games on you tube

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I WONDER IF THIS TIME WAWA PAYTON WONT CRY LIKE A WUSS IN A BROOM CLOSET WHILE HIS TEAMMATES CELEBRATE WINNING THE SUPERBOWL

LOSER!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
27LYNCHWEB2-superJumbo.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those too young to remember, see why this team is revered and don't believe those that hate on McMahon. Watch how he plays with a ding (seemingly always :rolleyes: ). Dent understandably got MVP because he represented the D but Jimmy was was the best player on the field that day.

I can't remember if it was this game but you may see the 1st hike and spike to stop the clock before it was an accepted rule. It may not have been this game but spiking the ball to stop the clock was not an allowed rule until 1993 and McMahon was the 1st I saw to use it near the goal line with the clock running out. It could/should be call grounding. Refs were confused when Jimmy did it and he got away with it.

The last time I even mentioned the '85 Bears in a post I got smacked down pretty hard, good luck my friend...lol.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last time I even mentioned the '85 Bears in a post I got smacked down pretty hard, good luck my friend...lol.
I know, right? It's just a game to watch. Not whataboutism. Game itself can't be played the same today with a lot less DB contact, protection of QBs and guys are (cough) bigger but the game hasn't changed that much. Video quality sure has.
If they object to a mention, they'll hate this.

The halftime show was dedicated to the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Up With People.

Bears allowed the Patriots 123 total yards, the great majority of those in the 4th with the game well over and backups getting snaps. They gave up 10 points but an early FG was off a Payton fumble (NE didn't advance the ball at all) and the late TD was against the Bears already subbing in some 2nd stringers. Without that early FG, Ditka may have played for a shutout and got it.

It will also give guys a chance to see the best LT we ever had in Covert and the most underrated CB. Frazier had a devastating non contact injury that he never recovered from. It was awful how he blew out his knee on that crap surface while taking a return for fun when this team was already subbing for fun in the 2nd quarter. Ditka made sure that everyone on the roster got a snap that game. If this team had kept their foot on the gas, it would have set records that would never be broken.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
it is ok to mention them. It is part of the history of our favorite team.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Meh, I've seen it 100 times. Personally, I think the Rams game is a better illustration of their dominance.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

It's just frustrating to continually hear the same stories about them over and over. "OMG, McMichael threw a chair into the chalkboard?" "McMahon mooned a helicopter?" We'd like to have another champion to talk about is really all it amounts to. The 30 for 30 on them was brilliant though. And I do have the whole season on DVD. That playoff run is, without a doubt, the most dominant in NFL history.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Watched some of it, thanks for the fyi. Bears offense had a great game. McMahon burned the Patriots multiple times with deep passes on the money.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, I've seen it 100 times. Personally, I think the Rams game is a better illustration of their dominance.
Giants game was better too. Haven't seen this one for at least a decade. Didn't remember it exactly correct. I did see them play the Pats in the regular season at Soldier Field that year.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well after the Patriots took care of Miami in Miami some of us thought maybe they got better than they were at the beginning of the season. Dieter Brock wasn’t going to beat us but Dickerson could have.. the dominance was against NewYork.....and LA....oh hell they were freaking dominant period