legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Jackson and Gipson being out of position, not communicating and just being fucking ass is way more concerning than Marqui getting burnt by Kupp.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Christian got taken out behind the shed, but Cooper Krupp is a stud. We won’t be playing many guys like him in the slot.
We won't? Packers lined adams up in the slot last year against us, Vikings use Jefferson and Thielen out of the slot, TB with Godwin and Brown, Browns with Landry, even this week Boyd is very good in the slot. I'm not going to continue, but lots of good slot guys

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We won't? Packers lined adams up in the slot last year against us, Vikings use Jefferson and Thielen out of the slot, TB with Godwin and Brown, Browns with Landry, even this week Boyd is very good in the slot. I'm not going to continue, but lots of good slot guys
Except in Chicago where the slot receiver is unheard of

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
AdwFhxh.jpg

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking Akiem Hicks adds value to this team enough to keep his bloated contract on the books when your secondary is this bad.

His contract, along with Graham, should have been launched into the sun.

You could have signed a number of upgrades in the secondary compared to this shit show.
I will never say you are wrong here, not at all, but there are times when you run the same risk bringing in vet you find out later are still washed up and not all that great even after a good year. *Coughs* Quinn *Coughs* The young guys in Vildor and Shelly, more so Vildor showed signs of maybe being able to do something last year, and at times you have to ride on the young guys getting better. After one game, it looks bad, I mean really bad. But I'd rather give the kid 5 or 6 games before I throw in the towel. Maybe not so much coaching... but I would.

jive

Liked Posts:
I'm glad they're bringing people in after #23's performance. I don't see them having any other option now that position has been exposed on national TV. I'd rather have #23 Devin Hester in there over Marquis Christian. Heck, I bet #23 Air Jordan can play better. I bet even #23 Ryne Sandberg could do a better job.

The fact that Marquis Christian even needs to be in there shows how much Pace's plan failed. Between Thomas Graham Jr, Duke Shelley, and Desmond Trufant, none of Pace's acquisitions could fill the hole left by Skrine.

On the bright side, we have $11.67 mil allocated to backup QBs instead of a quality starting CB that we are still taking a $9 mil hit in dead cap. But seriously, WTF! Pace cut Fuller and Nagy sits Fields for the sake of Dalton. Pace and Nagy let Foles dislike a trade. What the fuck did either of these players do for this team or this city? Their crappy handling of the QB situation is what decimated the defensive backfield. Pace thinking that he'll strike oil on a third day picks and UDFAs to rebuild the secondary is naive. They took a strength, and they weakened it instead of strengthening it. We got nothing in return for it in other areas either. We still have a crappy starter at QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
True but it’s not very good optics lol. Released Fuller, secondary just got torched and now Pace is looking at some scrubs
I get that but its not like Fuller has endeared himself to Denver & Fangio if they are already taking offers on him.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking Akiem Hicks adds value to this team enough to keep his bloated contract on the books when your secondary is this bad.

His contract, along with Graham, should have been launched into the sun.

You could have signed a number of upgrades in the secondary compared to this shit show.
Yeah, but Akiem Hicks is a really good DL. He played really well last nite. Did any starting DL play as well as him last nite? You don't chuck players playing well. Hick's salary isn't even the top ten for DL. He's 14th. Where's Goldman? No, no, Hicks is an asset, even at that salary.

If Bears had found a way to keep Fuller, and they should have, Bears would have been fine with Shelly or Vildor at Nickel.

Graham is a bit overpaid, but at least he was productive; more productive the Kmet last year. Luckily Kmet's looking really good this year, and hopefully gets the targets.

Where did the Bears overspend then?
It's not an easy thing to say. You take a swing at some players, and sometimes you win sometimes you lose. 20/20 hindsight says they overspent on Quinn, Jackson and Foles. Probably could have gotten Graham for a bit less. I'd keep Goldman, but Bears haven't gotten enough games out of him compared to salary. Smarter spending on those would have been enough for Fuller.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but Akiem Hicks is a really good DL. He played really well last nite. Did any starting DL play as well as him last nite? You don't chuck players playing well. Hick's salary isn't even the top ten. He's 14th. Where's Goldman? No, no, Hicks is an asset, even at that salary.

If Bears had found a way to keep Fuller, and they should have, Bears would have been fine with Shelly or Vildor at Nickel.

Graham is a bit overpaid, but at least he was productive; more productive the Kmet last year. Luckily he's looking really good this year, and hopefully gets the targets.

Where did the Bears overspend then? It's not an easy thing to say. You take a swing at some players, and sometimes you win sometimes you lose. 20/20 hindsight says they overspent on Quinn, Jackson and Foles. Probably could have gotten Graham for a bit less. I'd keep Goldman, but Bears haven't gotten enough games out of him compared to salary. Smarter spending on those would have been enough for Fuller.

You move on from Graham. Simple

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Poorly constructed roster from top to bottom.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but Akiem Hicks is a really good DL. He played really well last nite. Did any starting DL play as well as him last nite? You don't chuck players playing well. Hick's salary isn't even the top ten. He's 14th. Where's Goldman? No, no, Hicks is an asset, even at that salary.

Graham is a bit overpaid, but at least he was productive; more productive the Kmet last year. Luckily he's looking really good this year, and hopefully gets the targets.

Where did the Bears overspend then? It's not an easy thing to say. You take a swing at some players, and sometimes you win sometimes you lose. 20/20 hindsight says they overspent on Quinn, Jackson and Foles. Probably could have gotten Graham for a bit less. I'd keep Goldman, but Bears haven't gotten enough games out of him compared to salary. Smarter spending on those would have been enough for Fuller.
14 snaps on Sunday. I don't care about Leno but once he was cut in an O transition year, we should have kept the other side of the ball strong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not defending this roster but a lot of teams still have tryouts throughout the year. You know this isn't uncommon right?
absolutely but I think everyone here was freaked out at Graham over Fuller. I mean, you could suppose they may know something we don't about the remaining DBs but it appears to more about the Bear simply discounting the trickle down at nickel position. That said, with a good throw, that TD was not on a nickel in trail. Little Vildor may have been closer but without a safety up top, that's a win for LA.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I'm glad they're bringing people in after #23's performance. I don't see them having any other option now that position has been exposed on national TV. I'd rather have #23 Devin Hester in there over Marquis Christian. Heck, I bet #23 Air Jordan can play better. I bet even #23 Ryne Sandberg could do a better job.

or Robin Ventura?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace got pissed at Trufant and fucked himself instead.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
14 snaps on Sunday. I don't care about Leno but once he was cut in an O transition year, we should have kept the other side of the ball strong.
14 snaps for Graham you mean?

absolutely but I think everyone here was freaked out at Graham over Fuller. I mean, you could suppose they may know something we don't about the remaining DBs but it appears to more about the Bear simply discounting the trickle down at nickel position. That said, with a good throw, that TD was not on a nickel in trail. Little Vildor may have been closer but without a safety up top, that's a win for LA.
If the choice was between Graham or Fuller...

I'd choose Fuller, no question.

That was partly the choice Pace made... but not entirely. I think they could have had both. They may have been able to restructure Graham's contract based on his lower stats from last year. Again, I think the wasted money was the amounts for Quinn, Jackson, Graham and Goldman, (and the choice of Foles, thu I didn't really have a problem with it at the time).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
14 snaps for Graham you mean?

If the choice was between Graham or Fuller...

I'd choose Fuller, no question.

That was partly the choice Pace made... but not entirely. I think they could have had both. They may have been able to restructure Graham's contract based on his lower stats from last year. Again, I think the wasted money was the amounts for Quinn, Jackson, Graham and Goldman, (and the choice of Foles, thu I didn't really have a problem with it at the time).
They already restructured Graham's contract this year,