9th Pick Poll - Wild Scenario - DT Carter or best OT Skoronski/Johnson/Jones?

9th Pick Poll - Wild Scenario - DT Carter or best OT Skoronski/Johnson/Jones?

• Total voters

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Checked out some updated coverage on scenario of DT Carter dropping do to gaining 9 lbs and shitty performance at Pro-day, arrest, conviction, more charges being looked at, talk about his commitment to football, etc... talk that he could slip down to 9th pick...

Forgetting whether you think he could slip to 9th...

For the Bears... the talk of the type of players they want character-wise...

Do you take a chance at Jalen Carter? Too much talent to pass? Too risky?

Getting a high-priced OT in free agency has pretty much past...

To give Justin Field his best chance... Do you add that OT piece? Do you rather take the best OT (Skoronski/Johnson/Jones) over Carter?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
@5:02 -@7:00 here we get a look at Skoronski's pass pro and here @13:32, @14:23, @15:07

Athleticism Rates Broderick Jones High - Sports Illustrated

Broderick Jones in pass protection this season:
85.4 Pass Block Grade...Zero Sacks Allowed.....Zero QB Hits Allowed
@1:08 Pass Pro

Pass pro starts @2:32

I'm thinking OT vs DT right now. That could change. On Jalen Carter, that's a tough one if he had a better combine, I'd be all in. But we'll see how his scenario develops

Last edited:

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Zero chance the Bears take Carter or Bijan at 9 so everyone who keeps bringing their names up can stop now.

Don't be shocked if they dont draft an offensive or defensive lineman either. If Wilson & Johnson are both gone I think Poles takes a CB at 9 and adds to the lines in later rounds.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Zero chance the Bears take Carter or Bijan at 9 so everyone who keeps bringing their names up can stop now.

Don't be shocked if they dont draft an offensive or defensive lineman either. If Wilson & Johnson are both gone I think Poles takes a CB at 9 and adds to the lines in later rounds.
Whatever it takes to keep Vildor and Borom off the field I’m Down.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@5:02 -@7:00 here we get a look at Skoronski's pass pro and here @13:32, @14:23, @15:07

Athleticism Rates Broderick Jones High - Sports Illustrated

I'll come on Jones and film.

Broderick Jones in pass protection this season:
85.4 Pass Block Grade...Zero Sacks Allowed.....Zero QB Hits Allowed
@1:08 Pass Pro

Pass pro starts @2:32

I'm thinking OT vs DT right now. That could change. On Jalen Carter, that's a tough one if he had a better combine, I'd be all in. But we'll see how he develops
Thank you for this. This is great info. Im thinking OT as well!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

CB at #9? Joey Porter?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I won't be mad if we take a CB. Ya can always use a good CB, given all the emphasis on the passing game in the NFL

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
OT is BPA in my opinion at #9. Both Jones at Tackle or Skoronski as a Guard are the best prospects. I'd take them over any other non QB prospect other than Will Anderson. Even if we added a Tackle in FA. It wouldn't matter. They are BPA.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank you for this. This is great info. Im thinking OT as well!

It's 18 min.
Here's some film on Anton Harrison early in the vid>>> Pass Pro @5;02...@5:25.....@6:05.....@6:25....@8:30

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
OT is BPA in my opinion at #9. Both Jones at Tackle or Skoronski as a Guard are the best prospects. I'd take them over any other non QB prospect other than Will Anderson. Even if we added a Tackle in FA. It wouldn't matter. They are BPA.
I’d be looking at Paris Johnson for RT personally.

But at this point in time , OT almost has to be the pick

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unless you really love Calijah Kancey or Lukas Van Ness here I'd just trade down. There might be a quarterback available here and you could possibly get Tampa Bay or possibly even Washington to give up a 2024 first, just like the Bears did to get Justin Fields.

If not that you could probably get back into the early second.

I'm not opposed to a tackle, but I think you can get yourself a Darnell Wright ten picks later who slots perfectly in at right tackle. The only way I stay at nine is for one of the premier pass rushers who falls a little.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Unless you really love Calijah Kancey or Lukas Van Ness here I'd just trade down. There might be a quarterback available here and you could possibly get Tampa Bay or possibly even Washington to give up a 2024 first, just like the Bears did to get Justin Fields.

I'm not opposed to a tackle, but I think you can get yourself a Darnell Wright ten picks later who slots perfectly in at right tackle. The only way I stay at nine is for one of the premier pass rushers who falls a little.

I’m assuming you’re referring to Anderson or Wilson?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Lukas Van Ness highlighted his NFL Combine showing with a 4.58 time? :) in the 40-yard dash, which tied for sixth among all defensive ends and edge rushers at the Combine.Mar 2, 2023

That's not bad for a Dlineman. His pursuit would be great.

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Van Ness at 9 and you’re talking about trading down for a RT? That’s terrible

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I’m assuming you’re referring to Anderson or Wilson?
I would say Lukas Van Ness, Calijah Kancey, (a healthy) Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy or even the likes of Jalen Carter or Bryan Bresee would qualify too. Would not be unhappy with any of thoes guys at nine except Jalen Carter, and even then I at least see the idea of Carter.