After the Bills run in the post season, I am all in on DaBoll

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah...Josh Allen takes a lot of hits in that offense. If Daboll comes along, I wouldn't want as many QB designed runs for Fields because he's not as big and strong as Allen

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daboll DEVELOPED Josh Allen, from raw-bust-rookie, to what he is now...that's why he's the right guy for Fields and the Bears. He's been an OC and called his own plays for 10 years...that's another reason. To say he's just a system and nothing more...well he's NOT Nagy, the system in Buffalo is all Daboll's, not someone else's. Nagy was a fraud, took credit for developing Mahomes. We all saw that that Nagy couldn't develop a Polaroid. Daboll is what the Bears thought they were getting when they signed Nagy. The Bears had the right idea at the time, just the wrong guy.

If we go defensive HC, or CEO HC, and get lucky enough to get an OC that does well with Fields, he'll be gone the next year. Adam Gase coaxed ONE, not-terrible season from Jay Cutler...and, bam he was gone.

But they are the Bears, whatever.
I'm not afraid of losing an OC to a HC job. If that happens, it means Fields had a great year. Just promote from within. My guess is that Dorsey probably becomes the OC in Buffalo after Daboll leaves.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Plus there is some question about whether he is largely responsible for the growth and development of Josh Allen. Many put that on Ken Dorsey who works for the Bills and is considered a QB guru of sorts.

I am not totally against him but I don’t get any of the enthusiasm for him. Josh Allen is carrying that team and a lot of the Bills fan base wants him gone — they say he is too conservative and lacks imagination.

It also bothers me that he is up in a booth. A Head Coach has to see and view the game from the sidelines. It’s a totally different feel, look and perspective with lots of things coming at you at once on the sideline.

In truth, I see a lot of Nagy in him.
Full stop.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
And yes, I realize just how much of that is Josh Allen. Allen is a special QB. But he didn't start out that way.

And if you look at Fields, Justin has the same skillset as Josh Allen. Same physical tools. Same downfield accuracy.

Now, can he develop his decision-making and hang onto the ball better? No idea, and that may end up being what separates Allen from Fields.

But shit, I want to find the fuck out.

I want to see Fields in Daboll's offense.....
My man. Join us. One of us.

I started out wanting Raheem Morris or that kind of a coach who would make sure that we're a well-coached team that limits mistakes and wins by being the best coached team on the field. Now, I am leaning towards having my cake and eating it too.

Why can't we have the good coaching and a creative offense that adapts to take advantage of our opponents' weakness?
Let's roll them bones on Daboll.

Also, Allen was straight up trash in College. He was really bad. He had trouble hitting WRs and couldn't really throw to his left. Seriously.

Fields and Daboll are a marriage made in heaven.

Last edited:

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Whatever the Bears do I hope they go with a HC from the offensive side of the ball. The modern NFL is a league of offense and elite QB play. If you don't have those elements you aren't going to go very deep into the playoffs. Of the four remaining teams three are offense powerhouses.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Comparing Fields to Allen is crazy. Allen could have the ball 20yds down field before fields even finishes his windup.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
Whatever the Bears do I hope they go with a HC from the offensive side of the ball. The modern NFL is a league of offense and elite QB play. If you don't have those elements you aren't going to go very deep into the playoffs. Of the four remaining teams three are offense powerhouses.
Sean McDermott is a defensive coach and yet The Bill's have one of the best offenses in the league and one of its best signal callers was brought along under his watch. A good coach will take care of all faucets of the ball even if it's not his traditional side of it. A smart coach will recognize, whether or not, he has a franchise QB in Fields and work to get him develop like McDermott did with Allen. The Bears need the best HEAD coach who will develop the entire team in, addition to the quarterback.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
yeah...Josh Allen takes a lot of hits in that offense. If Daboll comes along, I wouldn't want as many QB designed runs for Fields because he's not as big and strong as Allen
This.

I would rather have far fewer designed power QB runs and more bootlegs and rollouts off of PA.

Just because Fields can run doesn't mean he's a running QB. I see him as a QB that can run. Set him up with space and protection and let the ball fly. Having said that, I do believe that Daboll's not a one trick pony, but can game the O to work with Fields' skillset.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Full stop.
Before Tebow was the greatest college QB…there was Ken Dorsey.

you doubt the goat?

every chance in the world he is as smart as Leftwich or the annointed “guru” in Dallas

maybe the Bears should jump the shark on that one and hire him to OC and that opens up hiring Toub as head coach or Leslie Frazier.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Before Tebow was the greatest college QB…there was Ken Dorsey.

you doubt the goat?

every chance in the world he is as smart as Leftwich or the annointed “guru” in Dallas

maybe the Bears should jump the shark on that one and hire him to OC and that opens up hiring Toub as head coach or Leslie Frazier.
Not even close to what I was talking about, but ok.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just saying…if the NFL goat Peyton Manning is too good for coaching maybe the college GOAT is at least close in the brains.
Obviously Tebow proves that’s not always the case, but I would be interested to interview Ken Dorsey.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just saying…if the NFL goat Peyton Manning is too good for coaching maybe the college GOAT is at least close in the brains.
Obviously Tebow proves that’s not always the case, but I would be interested to interview Ken Dorsey.
Typically if someone responds with "that's not what I'm talking about," the other person might ask what was the person talking about. Not you. You keep at it with the thought that popped in your brain.

Never change.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing that concerns me about the Bills offense is how much Josh Allen runs the ball. I mean he certainly helped his team a lot last night with quite a few drive-sustaining first-down runs, but it really is a matter of time before you get your QB injured, and I also don't think Rookie QB is anywhere near as durable as Josh Allen.

DaBoll really did call some amazing plays in the end though. I have no doubt in my mind that it the Bills had gotten the ball back, they would have scored.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is going to be hired by the Giants this week. Bears won’t even have their GM. Any talk of Daboll and the Bears is moot.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The only thing that concerns me about the Bills offense is how much Josh Allen runs the ball. I mean he certainly helped his team a lot last night with quite a few drive-sustaining first-down runs, but it really is a matter of time before you get your QB injured, and I also don't think Rookie QB is anywhere near as durable as Josh Allen.

DaBoll really did call some amazing plays in the end though. I have no doubt in my mind that it the Bills had gotten the ball back, they would have scored.
From what I’ve seen of the Bills this season, I do think Daboll used designed QB runs appropriately and in the right situations. It’s not like how Roman uses Jackson.

I know they struggled in a few games but he seemed to make good adjustments to the players he had. He put his guys in the best positions to succeed. But it also helped they have a top 5 QB.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
And yes, I realize just how much of that is Josh Allen. Allen is a special QB. But he didn't start out that way.

And if you look at Fields, Justin has the same skillset as Josh Allen. Same physical tools. Same downfield accuracy.

Now, can he develop his decision-making and hang onto the ball better? No idea, and that may end up being what separates Allen from Fields.

But shit, I want to find the fuck out.

I want to see Fields in Daboll's offense.....
I totally agree, Fields has the tools and Allen was very raw before Daboll got there. I've read some things about all the work and changes Daboll & Dorsey made to help get him where he is. Daboll for HC and bring Dorsey to be OC.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Daboll DEVELOPED Josh Allen, from raw-bust-rookie, to what he is now...that's why he's the right guy for Fields and the Bears. He's been an OC and called his own plays for 10 years...that's another reason. To say he's just a system and nothing more...well he's NOT Nagy, the system in Buffalo is all Daboll's, not someone else's. Nagy was a fraud, took credit for developing Mahomes. We all saw that that Nagy couldn't develop a Polaroid. Daboll is what the Bears thought they were getting when they signed Nagy. The Bears had the right idea at the time, just the wrong guy.

If we go defensive HC, or CEO HC, and get lucky enough to get an OC that does well with Fields, he'll be gone the next year. Adam Gase coaxed ONE, not-terrible season from Jay Cutler...and, bam he was gone.

But they are the Bears, whatever.
Agree and love the develop a polaroid comment.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
closer in size than you may think but I agree on not to many designed but enough with breakdowns and designed ones to keep D honest.