Bears Head Coach Considerations

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares is he’s a snake if he wins? The list of royal assholes with Super Bowl trophies is long.

He hasnt won though as a HC. The problem with McDaniels is he hasnt won shit and basically thinks he is entitled to be a dick because of the accomplishments of his football dad. He is like the Don Jr. of the NFL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He hasnt won though as a HC. The problem with McDaniels is he hasnt won shit and basically thinks he is entitled to be a dick because of the accomplishments of his football dad. He is like the Don Jr. of the NFL.
A: don’t bring politics in here
B: that’s a BS comparison and you know it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A: don’t bring politics in here
B: that’s a BS comparison and you know it.

No it isnt. He has done jack shit to be an entitled prick. BB has won with and without him. He has sucked ass without BB and yet still feels entitled to be a dickwad.

BB has earned the right to be a prick. McDaniels has not. He definitely comes off as a dude that is riding the coattails of his far more successful football bad.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
He hasnt won though as a HC

Yeah but that's true of most HCs that win the Super Bowl. That line could be applied to NE when they looked at Belichick or SEA while they considered Pete Carroll all who had failed HC gigs before taking on a new team later.

It's also true of all first time HCs that won (Holmgren, Tomlin, et al)

I am with you fully and say no to McDaniels, but only because he can't actually agree to be a HC, he'll want GM power and that's why he got shady with Ballard imo and he is a firm no for me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also keep in mind, Mac Jones throws 70% of his passes 9 yards or less. By contrast Fields throws 73% of his passes 10 yards or more.

Again McDaniels prefers Orton Jones not Jay Fields.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but that's true of most HCs that win the Super Bowl. That line could be applied to NE when they looked at Belichick or SEA while they considered Pete Carroll all who had failed HC gigs before taking on a new team later.

It's also true of all first time HCs that won (Holmgren, Tomlin, et al)

I am with you fully and say no to McDaniels, but only because he can't actually agree to be a HC, he'll want GM power and that's why he got shady with Ballard imo and he is a firm no for me.

Think you are missing the point. I was not saying he hasnt won as a HC to say that is a reason not to hire him.

Baba was saying who cares if he is a dick if he wins so I was pointing out he hasnt actually won as a HC so that line of thinking is flawed.

BB was not known as a flaming dick until after he started winning in NE. Daniels has shown himself to be a douchebag having won jack shit as HC.

So my issue is his ego far exceeds his success as a HC. I would have no problem with him if he had more humility but a guy like that who is an asshole now is only going to get worse with any kind of success.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Think you are missing the point. I was not saying he hasnt won as a HC to say that is a reason not to hire him.

Baba was saying who cares if he is a dick if he wins so I was pointing out he hasnt actually won so that line of thinking is flawed.

BB was not known as a flaming dick until after he started winning in NE. Daniels has shown himself to be a douchebag having won jack shit as HC.

You always think I miss the point. I followed along perfectly fine and if any organization evaluated a potential candidate on their being an asshole while not having won anything yet then Parcells, Belichick, Ditka, etc etc would never have gotten jobs.

Your tying character traits with winning is weird since this is a job that really needs self-confidence and assholery to be elite in order to get further ahead.

My conclusion is tied into the fact that even if McDaniels is a prick, that is not even close to the reason why I *myself* do not want him. He cannot be trusted with GM power and he will want it - even scheme to work it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No it isnt. He has done jack shit to be an entitled prick. BB has won with and without him. He has sucked ass without BB and yet still feels entitled to be a dickwad.

BB has earned the right to be a prick. McDaniels has not. He definitely comes off as a dude that is riding the coattails of his far more successful football bad.
Meh, this seems personal for some reason. If you can’t acknowledge what he’s done then you’re denying facts. And BB has never won a SB without him for whatever that’s worth.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
McDaniels would be my choice. You hope he has learned from Denver failure.
He has been getting some props as a coach who is ready to be HC again. But, man, he is such a douche.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Meh, this seems personal for some reason.

Yeah, remy's reasons not to interview Josh McD do not reflect my reasons not to. But that's par for the course and just another day. He is a legit offensive coordinator and great football coach. HC? I don't know. His weird obsession with both HC and GM muddies the waters so much but with his forceful personality? NO way do Bears owners want him in any way so it's all moot.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also keep in mind, Mac Jones throws 70% of his passes 9 yards or less. By contrast Fields throws 73% of his passes 10 yards or more.

Again McDaniels prefers Orton Jones not Jay Fields.
He was the OC when Moss was tearing up the league for 23 TDs. I think he works with what he has.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You always think I miss the point. I followed along perfectly fine and if any organization evaluated a potential candidate on their being an asshole while not having won anything yet then Parcells, Belichick, Ditka, etc etc would never have gotten jobs.

Your tying character traits with winning is weird since this is a job that really needs self-confidence and assholery to be elite in order to get further ahead.

My conclusion is tied into the fact that even if McDaniels is a prick, that is not even close to the reason why I *myself* do not want him. He cannot be trusted with GM power and he will want it - even scheme to work it.

No you are still not following along. I referenced his ego which is directly tied to his wanting more power. The whole point is his ego outstrips any actual success he has had on the field.

What stories existed of Parcells, Ditka or BB lying and breaking their word. Please link to sources.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No you are still not following along. I referenced his ego which is directly tied to his wanting more power. The whole point is his ego outstrips any actual success he has had on the field.

What stories existed of Parcells, Ditka or BB lying and breaking their word. Please link to sources.
Is McDaniels a Sith Lord or something?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meh, this seems personal for some reason. If you can’t acknowledge what he’s done then you’re denying facts. And BB has never won a SB without him for whatever that’s worth.

He hasnt done what other OCs havent also done under BB. How many BB disciples have had success as HCs?

He was the OC when Moss was tearing up the league for 23 TDs. I think he works with what he has.

Brady came up as a game manager QB. Daniels didnt change the O so much as Brady came into his own as a QB.

There is a reason why he wanted Orton not Cutler and a reason why every QB they have drafted has been more of a quick release and throw horizontal kind of QB not a stretch the field QB. Fields doesnt like to throw short and does not have a quick release.

Is it possible McDaniels can adjust the O to fit Fields? Sure. But the minute things dont go as he wants, McDaniels is a guy that is more likely to dump Fields and go draft someone that fits his scheme rather to adjust his scheme for Fields.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

They didn't. But they were being a prick or asshole. You said entitled prick. If you had meant ego wanting more power than simple HC power, then we are actually in agreement.

And that bugs me more than anything else hahahahaha

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is McDaniels a Sith Lord or something?

No he is just someone who will run a young QB out of town if he doesnt fit his profile of what he likes as a QB.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Belichik won with 2001 Patriots without McDaniels.

Belichik and2003 Pats won when McDaniels was just a defensive asst.

McD was QB coach when Brady won his 3rd Super Bowl. Presumably not because of his QB coach\

McDaniels was OC for 3 of NE's 6 wins, and a minor contributor in 3 of them.