Believe me yet? I called ALL of this

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Herbert wasn't open until after the ball left Fields' hand.
thats not true there was a good 5 yard separation, with the defender standing still and Herbert was running up field before the ball left his hand.

Regardless of him missing the better option and going for AR, throwing the ball behind and over his head is not the fault of the coach saying they had a free play... thats just a bad throw.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah people acting like only one person can be at fault. Whover told him it was a free play is at fault but that does not absolve Fields from making a terrible fucking throw.

I dont even think I can blame anything on the coach to be honest. I mean it would be one thing if he tried to fit a tight throw into a covered WR, a high risk high reward kind of throw, because the "high risk" is negated due to you thinking there is a penalty. If he tried a throw like that then sure we can put the blame on the coach forcing a risky throw due to being wrong about 12 men

But thats not what happened. AR was wide open, Mooney was wide open and Herbert was wide open. He should attempt any one of those options 100% of the time regardless on if he thinks there is a free play or not. If anything he took a safer option picking his wide open #1 WR vs the deeper throw to a RB, so he didnt even pick the high risk high reward option that a free play should dictate he pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
thats not true there was a good 5 yard separation, with the defender standing still and Herbert was running up field before the ball left his hand.

Regardless of him missing the better option and going for AR, throwing the ball behind and over his head is not the fault of the coach saying they had a free play... thats just a bad throw.
No, not accurate, plus he is stumbling when he throws it and no way anyone would expect him to make that pass. the only reason Herbert came open is that the safety saw Fields was throwing to AR. And Fields was the correct throw, he just made a terrible throw.

Bad play all around by Fields, but really no reason to think Herbert was open or that he should have made that throw.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No, not accurate, plus he is stumbling when he throws it and no way anyone would expect him to make that pass. the only reason Herbert came open is that the safety saw Fields was throwing to AR. And Fields was the correct throw, he just made a terrible throw.

Bad play all around by Fields, but really no reason to think Herbert was open or that he should have made that throw.
its completely accurate here is when Fields is running and both Herbert and the defender are already going in opposite directions..

fieldsprethrow.png

and here is right before the throw and there is more space with Herbart running wide open..

fieldspic.png

dennehy

Liked Posts:
its completely accurate here is when Fields is running and both Herbert and the defender are already going in opposite directions..

View attachment 15164

and here is right before the throw and there is more space with Herbart running wide open..

View attachment 15165
You can't tell that the safety already knows where the ball is going in that image? Herbert isn't even running down the field yet (notice that he was stopped for about a second, and that his shoulders are facing across the field, not up the field, in the bottom image) and the ball is about to come out of Fields' hands. Asking a QB to do all of that is ridiculous. No QB could do it because he only came open after Fields made his decision and Herbert never established where he was going to run to because it was a busted route.

Also I never said it was the coach's fault, because it wasn't.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You can't tell that the safety already knows where the ball is going in that image? Herbert isn't even running down the field yet (notice that he was stopped for about a second, and that his shoulders are facing across the field, not up the field, in the bottom image) and the ball is about to come out of Fields' hands. Asking a QB to do all of that is ridiculous. No QB could do it because he only came open after Fields made his decision and Herbert never established where he was going to run to because it was a busted route.

Also I never said it was the coach's fault, because it wasn't.

Herbert stopped at the 33 when it looked like Fields was sacked.. started running up field immediately and was at the 30 before Fields threw the ball, its all there is the gif and the still images, sorry dude but your 100% wrong.. you cant get more wide open the the NFL when the defender is going the opposite direction of your target..

And the defender had no idea where the ball was going he saw AR wide open and went to him.. he got lucky that Fields didnt throw the ball to AR and was way off

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haha, ok. M2m coverage is objective. A player being open is a bit less objective, but still pretty objective. Thinking it's silly to nitpick something is not - and it's objective that there were two in-breaking routes within a couple yards of one another, which was all I posted. Pretty simple. You read in the rest.

The claim that two in breaking routes is UNUSUAL is subjective. You have offered no data to support that point.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The claim that two in breaking routes is UNUSUAL is subjective. You have offered no data to support that point.
Haha, ok. That is not even close to the point you've been making for the last ten posts. You haven't even brought that up at all this entire discussion.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Herbert stopped at the 33 when it looked like Fields was sacked.. started running up field immediately and was at the 30 before Fields threw the ball, its all there is the gif and the still images, sorry dude but your 100% wrong.. you cant get more wide open the the NFL when the defender is going the opposite direction of your target..

And the defender had no idea where the ball was going he saw AR wide open and went to him.. he got lucky that Fields didnt throw the ball to AR and was way off
If he's running up field immediately, why is he facing the far sideline?

You have no idea of what it would have taken to seen that, make the throw, or to have any idea where Herbert would have been. Putting that on any QB is ridiculous.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

View attachment 15164

View attachment 15165

Yeah the simple reality is you basically have 1 defender guarding 3 guys and Fields manages to find the 1 defender with the ball. Absolutely terrible.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haha, ok. That is not even close to the point you've been making for the last ten posts. You haven't even brought that up at all this entire discussion.

Except I have been saying this whole time that your bringing up the 2 routes being close together when 3 guys were open is deflecting.

I had no reason to bring up your specific claim of it being unusual until such time that you claimed you made an objective statement.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If he's running up field immediately, why is he facing the far sideline?

You have no idea of what it would have taken to seen that, make the throw, or to have any idea where Herbert would have been. Putting that on any QB is ridiculous.
because he is looking over his shoulder looking for the ball that should be coming his way..

here is another still image of right when the ball left his hand.. look at that Herbart WIDE OPEN RUNNING UP THE FIELDfieldsafterthrow.png

I mean why are you even arguing this? Can you not see this gif or images? because at this point arguing makes you look insane or a troll ..

And expecting that a QB should be able to identify a wide open WR is not expecting to much here.. thats what a NFL QB needs to do

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah the simple reality is you basically have 1 defender guarding 3 guys and Fields manages to find the 1 defender with the ball. Absolutely terrible.
i dont know what worse, Fields throw or the fact people are trying to say its not his fault

dennehy

Liked Posts:
because he is looking over his shoulder looking for the ball that should be coming his way..

here is another still image of right when the ball left his hand.. look at that Herbart WIDE OPEN RUNNING UP THE FIELDView attachment 15166

I mean why are you even arguing this? Can you not see this gif or images? because at this point arguing makes you look insane or a troll ..

And expecting that a QB should be able to identify a wide open WR is not expecting to much here.. thats what a NFL QB needs to do
Because Fields decided where he was going with the ball like a second before that.

You have no idea how fast things happen in the NFL. He would have seen AR, decided to throw to him, and gotten the ball out, with a guy hitting him. That take a second. in that second the safety identified where he was going, Herbert continued heading upfield, creating that separation.

No NFL QB see that and makes that throw. It's also a 45+ yard throw off no platform and basically being hit by the rusher. Correct read, awful throw.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Except I have been saying this whole time that your bringing up the 2 routes being close together when 3 guys were open is deflecting.

I had no reason to bring up your specific claim of it being unusual until such time that you claimed you made an objective statement.
You are a pretzel, dude. You never mentioned the two route ideas once, even though I brought it up in my very first post.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are a pretzel, dude. You never mentioned the two route ideas once, even though I brought it up in my very first post.

Think you are lost.

Post 105
Whoever that is running the in route on the top of screen at the 25 is wide open. But it's also pretty dumb to have two guys running in breaking routes that close to one another.

Post 107
Whether you find it dumb or not the point is the route is open and an NFL QB can easily make the throw.

Like we need to stop making excuses for the kid. Do we think Fields is like, "Well it is dumb to have 2 guys running a route that close so fuck it I am not going to throw it to the WIDE OPEN WR."

You claimed the 2 route thing was dumb and my entire response in 107 is explaining why that claim is irrelevant.

it only become relevant when you made the recent claim that your subjective opinion was somehow objective. Calling something dumb or unusual is subjective unless you have data to support that assertion.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Think you are lost.

Post 105

Post 107

You claimed the 2 route thing was dumb and my entire response in 107 is explaining why that claim is irrelevant.
But that wasn't what you were claiming was subjective. Thinking it's silly to nitpick something is subjective, not that players were running two in routes close together. We are back to this.

You are trying to micromanage what I write on a message board, you got butthurt that I didn't respond only to what you wrote, and then you totally misinterpreted and misrepresented what subjective means, and accused me of making excuses for him, which is fucking idiotic because I never wrote or said that and it's why I told you o learn to read. I think all because you thought that I wasn't blaming Fields enough for your liking, which is again dumb.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Whether you find it dumb or not the point is the route is open and an NFL QB can easily make the throw.

Like we need to stop making excuses for the kid. Do we think Fields is like, "Well it is dumb to have 2 guys running a route that close so fuck it I am not going to throw it to the WIDE OPEN WR."

Nice job putting words into his mouth. He already knows he should have thrown to the open guy. All he is doing is pointing something else out.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nice job putting words into his mouth. He already knows he should have thrown to the open guy. All he is doing is pointing something else out.
Expecting the second comment I made to not be interpreted as an excuse for Fields missing open guys seems pretty obvious, right? I guess i have to know my audience a little better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But that wasn't what you were claiming was subjective. Thinking it's silly to nitpick something is subjective, not that players were running two in routes close together. We are back to this.

You are trying to micromanage what I write on a message board, you got butthurt that I didn't respond only to what you wrote, and then you totally misinterpreted and misrepresented what subjective means, and accused me of making excuses for him, which is fucking idiotic because I never wrote or said that and it's why I told you o learn to read. I think all because you thought that I wasn't blaming Fields enough for your liking, which is again dumb.

Lol, except the nitpicking is a reference to you claiming it was dumb or unusual. I just had no need to quote your entire sentence.

Are you trying to tell me what I meant by saying you were nitpicking while then also telling me I am micromanaging what you wrote?